oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Red Rocket

Middlesbrough Vs Ipswich Town 2-0 (Hugill, Tavernier)

I'm scrambling for things to say, honestly. I can't remember the last time I felt so despondent. I think I left my season ticket in my house in York and I can't be ***d to go get it. 

Damn, wish I'd thought of that!

Points to consider:

• Will we pass to the left more or to the right? depends which stand you're in
  • How many times will we lose the ball? 237
  • Will Wing and Tav ever get the superglue Pulis has applied to their shorts that keeps them stuck on the bench? they'll have to rip their shorts off and play like that. "Great tackle Lad!"

• Will Jen find her season ticket? Yes, but then it'll conveniently go missing again before the next game...
  • Does anyone care? Yes. Wait. We were talking about eastenders weren't we? "GET OUTTA MY CLAAAAAB TONY YOU SHLAAAAG"

Dreading another 90 minutes of dire football. Where are the international breaks when you want them??

I'm going 0-0.

@Tractors - Sears always scores against us... Inadequate or not!

0-1. Sears to score.

4-0 to Boro. We are due a nice win and tomorrow is when we get paid. UTB

Did Pulis have his pre-match press conference?. It's very unusual and I remember prior to Mowbray's departure his press conference was cancelled, so I'm hoping that it's a sign that he will leave soon.

Have had a nice Chinese tonight and copious amounts of Sailor Jerry rum so may well be getting a bus to Boro tomorrow!!!!! Anyone wanna meet up?

Good man trekkers. That’s the spirit. Not the rum now.....

Have had a nice Chinese tonight and copious amounts of Sailor Jerry rum so may well be getting a bus to Boro tomorrow!!!!!  Anyone wanna meet up?

Nice try Dave, trying to tempt me into a 500 mile return journey :)

Chris is going to the game as I am sure Jen and BU are as well.

Would suggest the 6 medals, you all know each other.

Anyway game day! Come on Middlesbrough Athletic Football Club

Have had a nice Chinese tonight and copious amounts of Sailor Jerry rum so may well be getting a bus to Boro tomorrow!!!!!  Anyone wanna meet up?

Nice try Dave, trying to tempt me into a 500 mile return journey :)

Chris is going to the game as I am sure Jen and BU are as well.

Would suggest the 6 medals, you all know each other.

Anyway game day! Come on Middlesbrough Athletic Football Club

Sorry Alan, I’m not going to this one. I had to decide between the 550mile round trip to Boro or the 300 mile trip to Derby so I’m off to Derby ( even tho I think this game is more likely a win)

Did Pulis have his pre-match press conference?. It's very unusual and I remember prior to Mowbray's departure his press conference was cancelled, so I'm hoping that it's a sign that he will leave soon.

It would be interesting if he missed the game for some reason.

Hoping for a win and good performance, but not feeling enthusiastic. Reckon it will be same again as last match with maybe 1 or 2 changes that are man for man.

A must win for the fans. I very much doubt Pulis will get sacked, even if we lose today, so the players need to start playing and we need to be beating teams in Ipswich's situation at home convincingly.

Our top two aspirations have gone (they went ages ago in all honesty), but I genuinely fear for our playoff spot, especially with a resurgent Villa and a dark horse like Garry Monk's Birmingham hot on our tails.

Must win, anything else truly is a garbage result.

I suspect the atmosphere will turn sour quite quickly today if we don't get an early goal what is it now 7 or 8 games without a win at home?

Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• Background or gender should not matter, only issue should be competence, may have just been a day where something put her off...   I assume facts about each club are relayed through earpiece and if person relaying info mishears, then she is sold down the river, I've seen better and I've seen worse and I am sure that they are already discussing what went wrong. If it was down to her, then it's a learning experience and if it wasn't hopefully she lets them know it....   if she does next round draw and handles it better, she will be Ok, but for whatever reason, tonight did not show her at her best
    • Where is the transcript please mate?
    • Ah she's on the radio mostly I think?  Sure I've heard her on Talksport before.
    • I'm a bit hesitant in how you're approaching that topic as I feel I know what you're getting at but not entirely sure. Feels like you're pulling the 'diversity for diversity's sake' line and I can't say I'm a fan of that thought process. Diversity is a good thing, without it you wouldn't be seeing the likes of Alex Scott showing up the BBC/BT old guard. Sometimes a different perspective is more valuable than just "who's got the most talent/experience", especially as this ends up in a vicious cycle of only providing opportunities to the same type of people and discourages people of different backgrounds from pursuing a similar career to one that is dominated by old white blokes. Someone has to take a chance on people of diverse backgrounds or you just end up with yet another generation of Hansen and Lawrensen. Not to mention that you seem to be suggesting she's just a randomer who the BBC have hired but she's been doing TV sports for 10 years. She seems to have the CV that backs up why she should be doing live TV sports so why the issue? 
    • TUESDAY 27TH OCTOBER (D) Barnsley v Queens Park Rangers (D) Blackburn Rovers v Reading (D) Brentford v Norwich City (D) Middlesbrough v Coventry City (H) Swansea City v Stoke City (A) Wycombe Wanderers v Watford WEDNESDAY 28TH OCTOBER (A) Birmingham City v Huddersfield Town (D) AFC Bournemouth v Bristol City (A) Derby County v Cardiff City (D) Luton Town v Nottingham Forest (H) Preston North End v Millwall (A) Rotherham United v Sheffield Wednesday