•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

—————- Randy ————

Fry —— Flint —Ayala —Friend

—————Clayton—————-

Howson — Saville — Downing

————— Hugill ————-

If Shotton is fit I would play him, Downing, Clayton and Saville need to be on the bench with Tav  Besic and Wing on the field at kick off. We need speed to beat Derby or at least play them at their own game.

We only got back into the game vs them at the Riverside when we switched to 433/451 from the 5 back about 30 minutes in there's no way he's putting out a 5 back again in my opinion.

It's got potential to be interesting you can see Saville/Wing getting forward well and Howson linking up well but I'm not sure I see any runners in behind in that line up besides Saville and Friend so I'm not sure where all of our build up play is going to lead unless we just start hammering in shots around the box and finally score a set piece.

We only got back into the game vs them at the Riverside when we switched to 433/451 from the 5 back about 30 minutes in there's no way he's putting out a 5 back again in my opinion.

It's got potential to be interesting you can see Saville/Wing getting forward well and Howson linking up well but I'm not sure I see any runners in behind in that line up besides Saville and Friend so I'm not sure where all of our build up play is going to lead unless we just start hammering in shots around the box and finally score a set piece.

Whilst you're right, I wouldn't put it past Pulis to put the team out with 5 at the back in spite of how well it worked in Derby's favour last time. Bear in mind that by the time we changed formation in that game, we no longer had anything to protect and there's every chance Pulis will think the same formation could work with better individual performances. Not saying I agree with that but there you go. He may well put more into what a similar formation did in the last game against Ipswich.

I have bad memories of us at Pride Park over the years, Bamford aside, I just saw on twitter a stat that Pulis has won his last 3 visits to Pride Park?

So far this season we've gone against historical benchmarks from Pulis' career it'd be nice if we can continue with this particular one!

I have bad memories of us at Pride Park over the years, Bamford aside, I just saw on twitter a stat that Pulis has won his last 3 visits to Pride Park?

So far this season we've gone against historical benchmarks from Pulis' career it'd be nice if we can continue with this particular one!

Last season was great fun there. Packed away end and we played really well. Mostly the same players.. don't understand how we've regressed so much.

0-0/1-1 great result but fear the worst

I wonder how many boro 'fans' are hoping we get beat today, naively thinking it'll mean Gibson will sack Pulis!

Gonna be tough but yeah, pokeyjoe has hit the nail on the head really - fear the worst, a draw will be nice.

Didn't we sack Southgate after a win against derby?

We can hop for a win and a sacking. Naive or otherwise.

If anything has been proven recently, it will take something monumental to sack Pulis. Truly monumental.

I also can't understand why people keep referring to Southgate or Monk being sacked after a win when it's clear as day that the decision had been made at the highest level before we'd even played those games. The decision was nothing to do with either of those manager's last games.

Last season was great fun there. Packed away end and we played really well. Mostly the same players.. don't understand how we've regressed so much.

We had Adama and he pretty much ran the game from memory, torched their defenders many times in both halves.

Absolutely pathetic and embarrassing to line up like that. Burton will go away to Man City next week with a more attacking side.

We need this *** out of the club ASAP. How people continue to defend him is beyond belief.