• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Why on earth did he bring Downing on and not Tav.

because by that stage it was more important to see the game out

Good result today, I feared disaster after 2 minutes!

I think we could have seen it  out easier with the presence of Tav's pace rather than Downings backwards passing though, so I'm with RR here on this one.

Strange game today. Got caught cold at the beginning but it looked like a really good finish. After the first 15 mins it seemed Derby we happy to sit back and absorb us. Which they did quite well until half time.

2nd half, not to sure what happened with the kick off but we had to do it twice (hopefully someone could explain) but we were much the better side. Got our goal which was well worked and finished. We pressed on and could have won it with better finishing however they should’ve scored with a pull back that the runner hit straight at Randy.

All in all a decent point away at a very capable team.

One thing that did concern me was out defending. No issues with the blocking and tackling but when with the ball all of the back 4 hoofed it aimlessly upfield or out. When the likes of Clayton/besic/wing etc had it in similar positions they played it out which kept possession other than giving it away.

One highlight was meeting Randy Sandwich, his missus and his boy Great people glad I met them

I can only presume that our player (Howson I think) has made his run too early and is in the Derby half before Clayton takes the kick off. In theory I think this makes him offside so why they don’t get a free kick I don’t know. Any referees on here who might be able to enlighten me?

Fair result and some good football at times, we played well in patches and either side could have won.

Biggest gripe Steward Downing offered nothing at all and everything went backwards, the intensity of Boro stopped the moment he came on the pitch would have preferred Tavernier

I can only presume that our player (Howson I think) has made his run too early and is in the Derby half before Clayton takes the kick off. In theory I think this makes him offside so why they don’t get a free kick I don’t know. Any referees on here who might be able to enlighten me?

You can't be in the opponents half on a kickoff. Simple really.

It's like taking a goal kick to a player in the 18 yard box, you have to retake it.

You can't be in the opponents half on a kickoff. Simple really.

It's like taking a goal kick to a player in the 18 yard box, you have to retake it.

Thanks Lee. I wasn’t sure what the ruling was

Back home from game, thought we were good value for a point probably should of nicked it, but as I went to the game fearing the worst I'm happy enough with a point.

We definitely are crying out for natural wingers and if we can get one more to go opposite VLP I don't think we will be far away come may as we definitely will be more well equipped to attack, it will be interesting to see which of his CMs will be dropped for VLP, my guess is it will be Saville although I'd rather it be Howson.

Back home from game, thought we were good value for a point probably should of nicked it, but as I went to the game fearing the worst I'm happy enough with a point.

We definitely are crying out for natural wingers and if we can get one more to go opposite VLP I don't think we will be far away come may as we definitely will be more well equipped to attack, it will be interesting to see which of his CMs will be dropped for VLP, my guess is it will be Saville although I'd rather it be Howson.

I'm curious too, from everything he's said Pulis is really really high on Saville, so I do wonder.

I'm happy with the players and their attitude (barring the first ten).

Like I said my qualm was with Pulis for the decision to not use Tav. He could have taken the pressure off and maybe nicked us a winner. Downing's pass after Wing did all that work to win the ball back actually made me feel sick.

I'm curious too, from everything he's said Pulis is really really high on Saville, so I do wonder.

I imagine he will stick with what looked like a 4-2-3-1 and in my opinion Wing can't be dropped now so will be interesting to see what happens

He'll be going 4-3-3 according to VLP in his interview. He said he hadn't spoke much to Pulis but obviously he will have been told about tactics and plans, so I'd imagine 4-3-3. Besic, Howson and Saville or Clayton will be the other 1st choice I'd imagine.

Good point and nice too see we can play better. Last two games has been ok but result wise and entertainment wise.

All our play died the second Drowning came on. Would have been better 10 v 11...

The kick off was retaken, cause there is a new rule, that a kick off must not be a forward kick anymore. So the commentators said as I watched the game at Viaplay.

I’m pretty sure that the new rule is that the ball doesn’t have to go forward anymore and can travel in any direction as the taker chooses. I think Lee explains it quite well above. Happy New Year SD :)