oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Red Rocket

Derby Vs Middlesbrough 1-1 (Hugill)

I'm pretty sure the kick was retake because the ref thought whoever ran forward had crossed the halfway line before Clayton kicked the ball.

Credit where credit is due, thought we played pretty well and the point was well deserved.

If we have a couple of decent wingers in yesterday's team it does give you a bit more hope.

The substitutions could have been more positive and the game might have been there for the taking but overall I was pretty happy and I'm gonna take the positives for a change!

I agree..enjoyed the game and thought it was a well deserved away draw to a side on a good bit of form. Onwards and upwards from here..people, please take off the Pulis obsession glasses.

The team picked yesterday was correct and with a bit of luck we could have won.

Credit where credit is due, thought we played pretty well and the point was well deserved.

If we have a couple of decent wingers in yesterday's team it does give you a bit more hope.

The substitutions could have been more positive and the game might have been there for the taking but overall I was pretty happy and I'm gonna take the positives for a change!

I didn't hate the team picked but I did hate how we set out, flat midfield 5 entirely composed of CMs.

I'm sure we changed shape a little after the first 10-15 mins where we were getting destroyed and we got much much better after that.

final 10 I didn't think we were great either but I actually enjoyed large spells of the stuff in the middle.

I wish we'd be a bit more risky at 1-1 though but beggars can't be choosers.

I agree..enjoyed the game and thought it was a well deserved away draw to a side on a good bit of form. Onwards and upwards from here..people, please take off the Pulis obsession glasses.

The team picked yesterday was correct and with a bit of luck we could have won.

I dunno if that's aimed at me or a general comment but I'm certainly not obsessed with Pulis.

I was actually one of the more supportive posters towards him until recently, I'll just call things as I see them if whether it's good or totally dull. I think the criticism recently on here has been justified.

Isnt it supposed to be one of the redeeming features of a pulis team that the squad are mega fit? Shouldn't be dog tired. That coaching/fitness teams responsibility as much as the players

I thought the players gave everything, problem is .when they battle so hard to win possession their instruction is to hoof it hopefully instead of having an outlet to relieve the pressure and put them on the back foot - instead they just pick the ball back up and come at us again - they just can't maintain that level without rest bite and its no wonder they were knackered.

You knew he was playing for the draw with his substitutions or lack of them which is uninspiring for us and his overworked players.

I'd have took 1-1 before the game but the manner it was took and the opportunity we had to take three but didn't take is all down to Pulis - I know he points to the box but I'm sure in training he tells them it means "don't dare go there" Still hate him, still want him out, proud of the effort and the fans

Strange game today. Got caught cold at the beginning but it looked like a really good finish. After the first 15 mins it seemed Derby we happy to sit back and absorb us. Which they did quite well until half time.

2nd half, not to sure what happened with the kick off but we had to do it twice (hopefully someone could explain) but we were much the better side. Got our goal which was well worked and finished. We pressed on and could have won it with better finishing however they should’ve scored with a pull back that the runner hit straight at Randy.

All in all a decent point away at a very capable team.

One thing that did concern me was out defending. No issues with the blocking and tackling but when with the ball all of the back 4 hoofed it aimlessly upfield or out. When the likes of Clayton/besic/wing etc had it in similar positions they played it out which kept possession other than giving it away.

One highlight was meeting Randy Sandwich, his missus and his boy Great people glad I met them

Great to meet you and your son too mate, we will have to meet up again some time

Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• I'm not comparing us to last season though.  I don't quite understand why everyone is? Last season was an anomaly, caused by us appointing someone to the manager's job that had no business being there.  The two seasons before that we finished 5th and 7th and the bulk of this squad is still those players - Fry, Howson, Saville, McNair, Wing, Tavernier, Wing, Assombalonga, Fletcher, Johnson.  Dijksteel looks more than capable so far, Morsy looks like a good solid Championship player, and the same can be said for the likes of Hall, Akpom and Bettenelli.  We aren't the plucky underdogs in this league, the likes of Coventry and Wycombe are, so why act like it, unless it's to try and make things feel better? As we've discussed plenty of times, it's not a choice between points and entertainment.  Other clubs manage both, but some Boro fans seem to have convinced themselves that you have to decide between one and the other. Having said that, my opinion is already known so I should shut up about it, as nothing is going to change, and believe it or not, I don't want to be a downer for other people.  So I will button it on that subject from now on.
    • He hasnt played a decent game this season. But then again heade a few good tackles late on when he was playing deeper. So maybe he would be better in a 4. Not seen much from him going forward 
    • Wouldn't say he was plodding tbf, he'd actually be a decent signing just not at the expense of McNair
    • He showed so much quickness and pace from that position that I think most felt he could naturally move up the field into an advanced role.  Maybe his talents are just suited to the back half of the pitch for now. Work on his defensive positioning. There is a place for a RB with with pace and quickness who can advance the ball. 
    • Thanks Brunners, I was wondering that. It would explain a lot, he looks absolutely lost in the wingback, winger position, no wonder if he has been coached through youth teams to play a different role