oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Red Rocket

Derby Vs Middlesbrough 1-1 (Hugill)

Currently sat in the train to Bristol TM with my boy. Not sure what to expect from today hopefully we don’t embarrass ourselves. Derby play some nice stuff but hopefully we can ‘Pulis’ the crap out of them and catch them on the break. Team I expect to start (not necessarily what I want)

—————- Randy ————

Fry —— Flint —Ayala —Friend

—————Clayton—————-

Howson — Saville — Downing

————— Hugill ————-

Mate thats why Derby were all over us for the first 20 minutes last time - we had 10 men they had 11. Something has to change as Pulis cant keep doing this. On a serious note we are better away from home, Derby are playing bettee than us home and away...I wouldnt advise putting it on an accumulator ...

Haha. Well spotted I’d like to see Tav behind Hugill but it will be Besic alongside Clayton. (So yeah like playing with 10 men :s

A point today would be massive regardless of what team is put out

Derby are playing some lovely pacey football and have the heart and fight to keep going when there backs are agaiinst the wall

0-0/1-1 great result but fear the worst

0-0/1-1 great result but fear the worst

I wonder how many boro 'fans' are hoping we get beat today, naively thinking it'll mean Gibson will sack Pulis!

Gonna be tough but yeah, pokeyjoe has hit the nail on the head really - fear the worst, a draw will be nice.

Is the game available on the red button on Sky Sports on Virgin?

Yes

Coverage starts at 14:55

The goals will also be shown as they go in on Sky Sports News Soccer Special with Julian Warren and the team

Is the game available on the red button on Sky Sports on Virgin?

Yes

Coverage starts at 14:55

The goals will also be shown as they go in on Sky Sports News Soccer Special with Julian Warren and the team

Thank you! Wasn't sure as I've just got virgin installed.

I would like to see Clayton start on the bench, we have to be positive against Derby

Currently sat in a bar called Tiffany lounge (yes I know it sounds like a strip club) but there’s a few boro here if anyone’s about

Some kind of narrow 4231 in possession maybe with Howson and Clayton sitting?

Strange one that kind of team doesn't really match Hugill up front guess we'll see.

Clayton in for Downing the only change, I think?

I'm not sure if I'm hoping it's the same set-up again, they tore us apart when we had wing-backs though I'd argue Howson is a better bet there than McNair in some ways.

Going off the last game, it could be similar to the Leeds away game, the 5-4-1:

Randolph

Howson Fry Flint Ayala Friend

Wing Clayton Besic Saville

Hugill

Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• People always have to whinge, don't they? Unbeaten in 7, haven't conceded a goal from open play all season, we look a proper unit and there's a real togetherness in the squad for the first time in 4-5 years. Actually guys, instead of looking to the positives, lets try and tear down a young right back starting his first full season, or, how about we have a go at Assombalonga for not playing his best in a role unsuited to him? Get a grip and enjoy the team doing well for a change.
    • I'm not comparing us to last season though.  I don't quite understand why everyone is? Last season was an anomaly, caused by us appointing someone to the manager's job that had no business being there.  The two seasons before that we finished 5th and 7th and the bulk of this squad is still those players - Fry, Howson, Saville, McNair, Wing, Tavernier, Wing, Assombalonga, Fletcher, Johnson.  Dijksteel looks more than capable so far, Morsy looks like a good solid Championship player, and the same can be said for the likes of Hall, Akpom and Bettenelli.  We aren't the plucky underdogs in this league, the likes of Coventry and Wycombe are, so why act like it, unless it's to try and make things feel better? As we've discussed plenty of times, it's not a choice between points and entertainment.  Other clubs manage both, but some Boro fans seem to have convinced themselves that you have to decide between one and the other. Having said that, my opinion is already known so I should shut up about it, as nothing is going to change, and believe it or not, I don't want to be a downer for other people.  So I will button it on that subject from now on.
    • He hasnt played a decent game this season. But then again heade a few good tackles late on when he was playing deeper. So maybe he would be better in a 4. Not seen much from him going forward 
    • Wouldn't say he was plodding tbf, he'd actually be a decent signing just not at the expense of McNair
    • He showed so much quickness and pace from that position that I think most felt he could naturally move up the field into an advanced role.  Maybe his talents are just suited to the back half of the pitch for now. Work on his defensive positioning. There is a place for a RB with with pace and quickness who can advance the ball.