oneBoro Forum

Boro v Peterborough (FA Cup 3rd Round) 5-0 (Assombalonga (2) Friend, Wing, Fletcher)

I'm not sure the personnel will change the way we approach the game too much tactically. We do still have Pulis as manager and I'm sure when Peterborough have the ball, it may well look like 4-5-1. We just need to make sure those attacking players are put to best use when we do have the ball.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony Pulis in attack-oriented team shock! Let's hope the players put in a dynamic performance, to underline the merits of going for the jugular.

It'll be interesting to see how well Britt does alongside another striker and natural wide players. He's unlikely to have a lack of support or service today.

Radio said the club have confirmed it as 3-4-1-2, Mcnair and VLP wingbacks, Fletcher playing just behind Britt and Gestede.

About as defensive as that line-up could have been made... Should've known! ;)

i feel a bit guilty picking fault as it is a definative move to put out an attacking line up. BUT....my actual first thought when i read down the names was ....why Gestede as well .

its lopsided imo  if he were to put say Saville or Wing in instead of Rudy i think it would have a much more efficieint shape to it.   Maybe, being synical, its  a cunning ploy by Pulis to self distruct with top heavy personnel in order to reinforce his defensive strategies after it backfires.

Still lets see how it pans out ,hopefully im wrong in those thoughts and we win handsomely.

It's Tav LM and VLP RM but the radio did call the front 3 correct Fletcher's at #10

It's lwb and rwb for sure, we're only playing 3 at the back.

Good volley from McNair but it flashes wide.