oneBoro Forum

Boro v Peterborough (FA Cup 3rd Round) 5-0 (Assombalonga (2) Friend, Wing, Fletcher)

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapman has a massive attitude problem in training and has a huge ego to boot.

He'll be gone soon enough.

Must be that blonde Instagram-ho he is dating, screwing his mind :P

This one is for Jamie :D

A picture says more than a 1000 words!

0_FIL-MIDDLESBROUGH-PETERBOROUGH-029.jpg

I'm shocked he didn't rip his own achilles or twist his ankle doing that, actually no I'm impressed maybe he'll hit that 5 games in a row benchmark and get his name back from me... maybe.

Thought he was pretty bad today besides the flick through he put every header in the box over the bar or into the advertising boards and the couple of times ball at feet he just got in his own way or teammates way. I could live with loaning Gestede out but we need to do it quick before he picks up another injury gotta hit while the irons hot Tony, he'd be perfect for Hull they don't want Fletcher anyway he's a useless hypejob (not).

Couldn't agree more about Chapman. What a waste of an appearance. Appeared to want to showboat more than just get the ball down and show what he can do. Look at Tav, Wing and Walker today. They get their chance and they try to make it work for the team. Wing had the best game of the lot, Tav fluffed a few balls but was good when he got at people, Walker tried to stretch their back-line and ended up playing a part in the last goal by his willingness to run and look for the pass alone. If that's the kind of player Chapman wants to be when he currently has no chance of getting in the team, I'll be happy to see us make something off him whilst we can. That attempt to control with his back-heel that went out for a throw-in drove me up the wall and I can imagine Pulis will have felt the same.

He just didn't look at all interested - don't think I saw him smile once in a game we won 5-0. He just came on and was so blasé.

And I can understand why he doesn't get a game if that's the way he applies himself when given an opportunity. I don't want to judge his situation based on very little but what he does when he's on the pitch tells its own tale and I can't imagine many Boro fans will be left wondering what we missed out on if he leaves right now.

He's hardly the only player who's been forced to wait for their chance. Wing came in and went out for a fair period, Tav is still struggling to work his way into the first team and Fletcher was brought in as a first-team player 1.5 years ago and now struggles to make the bench. All 3 of those players still apply themselves and work hard when they do come in.

Watching the Sunderland documentary when Fletcher came in and you can see he's not exactly a player who breathes confidence on match-day so I can't imagine how he feels when he's not in the squad.

Leadbitter is a funny interview subject, isn't he? Post-match interview on the Boro site, he doesn't seem like he wants to be there, gives off an air of daft questions being asked (which in fairness, to a pro like him vs. the genius of Gordon Cox, he's not too far wrong). Some questions he just seems to pluck an answer out of nowhere with very little conviction.

I think he's itching to play more to be honest but as TP says, proper professional who always wants things done better. I imagine Grant comes in every day and does his bit no questions asked and continues asking more of those around him. I think the club will honestly miss those qualities when he eventually leaves as I suspect he will at the end of the season. It's a real shame he physically doesn't seem capable of offering us what he used to because I actually thought he did okay when given the time to pass it around a bit.

They have highlights plastered all over the website yet ours isn't one of them, surprised given it was 5 goals in the game but to be fair, it wasn't a particularly interesting game as a neutral. No controversy, no significant threat from the underdogs, no real threat from either team in the first half. Still, there were surely worse ties for entertainment than ours given the quality of a few of our goals.

Loved that second half but a bit worried for VLP after hearing TP's post match interview.

I think that's all part of the beauty of getting him in from January 1st. He can get up to match fitness with us through the month. Just think of him as signing on deadline day at the end of the window, but one who may pop up in the odd match before then.