oneBoro Forum
BearSmog

Boro v Peterborough (FA Cup 3rd Round) 5-0 (Assombalonga (2) Friend, Wing, Fletcher)

What formation is that?

Is Fletcher wide? VLP central, wing or WB?

Not a clue...

Maybe 343 with Tav and La Parra as wing backs, McNair can't be a wingback and leave Grant on his own surely.

Glad to see Chapman and Walker on the bench as well.

Also

FLETCHER!

What formation is that?

Is Fletcher wide? VLP central, wing or WB?

Not a clue...

Think it's 442. McNair RB, Tav central, Fletcher and Van La Parra wide

Actually, I'm going 3-4-3

Dimi

Fry

Ayala

Friend

Tavernier

McNair

Leadbitter

Van La Parra

Fletcher

Gestede

Assombalonga

I'm going to guess at 4-4-2 with Fletcher and VLP on the wings, Tav central.

Dimi

Fry

Ayala

Friend

Tavernier

McNair

Leadbitter

Van La Patra

Fletcher

Gestede

Assombalonga

This is a line up I quite like to be fair

Whatever it is.... really hope we play well and line-up is vindicated. Time for some of these more attack minded players put themselves in Pulis's thoughts for the future.

Dimi

Fry

Ayala

Friend

Tavernier

McNair

Leadbitter

Van La Parra

Fletcher

Gestede

Assombalonga

I thought this, but wingback is graft and I don't think he'd put a non match fit VLP through it SB, guess we'll soon find out.

Whatever that is, it's bloody attack minded!

Not expecting a great deal from VLP today as he's not match fit but it would be nice to see a glimpse of what he's capable of.

I think Tav will be central, Pulis doesn't really fancy him as a wide option. I reckon it may well be Fletch and VLP as wide players, Britt playing off Gestede. Going 4-2-3-1:

Dimi

McNair Ayala Fry Friend

Leadbitter Tav

VLP Britt Fletch

Gestede

Now if I hear one fan say we didn't try to attack this one... That is some attempt to go for it

• Latest Posts

• Hi Erimus. I trust you are well. In the photo you've posted on the other forum (I'm not a member there, hence my reply here!) the date on the sign is correct except that the sign writer has got the year wrong. He's presumably forgotten that January is the start of a new year. It's one of a series of photos that were taken at Ayresome Park by a freelance photographer working for the Daily Mirror on Sunday 16 January 1972. The supporters are queueing for tickets for the FA Cup Third Round Replay against Manchester City, Boro having drawn at Maine Road the previous day. The happy days when a draw in the FA Cup on a Saturday would mean a replay on the Tuesday and not much time to sell tickets!
    • https://www.boro.support/middlesbrough-supporters-forumminutes-42-with-neil-warnock/
    • Background or gender should not matter, only issue should be competence, may have just been a day where something put her off...   I assume facts about each club are relayed through earpiece and if person relaying info mishears, then she is sold down the river, I've seen better and I've seen worse and I am sure that they are already discussing what went wrong. If it was down to her, then it's a learning experience and if it wasn't hopefully she lets them know it....   if she does next round draw and handles it better, she will be Ok, but for whatever reason, tonight did not show her at her best
    • Where is the transcript please mate?
    • Ah she's on the radio mostly I think?  Sure I've heard her on Talksport before.