oneBoro Forum
BearSmog

Boro v Peterborough (FA Cup 3rd Round) 5-0 (Assombalonga (2) Friend, Wing, Fletcher)

I'm not sure the personnel will change the way we approach the game too much tactically. We do still have Pulis as manager and I'm sure when Peterborough have the ball, it may well look like 4-5-1. We just need to make sure those attacking players are put to best use when we do have the ball.

Peterborough lineup:

O'Malley

Naismith

White

Taffazolli

Lafferty

Ward

Reed

Woodyard

O'Hara

Dembele

Toney

No Tomlin or Maddison.

Tony Pulis in attack-oriented team shock! Let's hope the players put in a dynamic performance, to underline the merits of going for the jugular.

It'll be interesting to see how well Britt does alongside another striker and natural wide players. He's unlikely to have a lack of support or service today.

Radio said the club have confirmed it as 3-4-1-2, Mcnair and VLP wingbacks, Fletcher playing just behind Britt and Gestede.

Radio said the club have confirmed it as 3-4-1-2, Mcnair and VLP wingbacks, Fletcher playing just behind Britt and Gestede.

About as defensive as that line-up could have been made... Should've known! ;)

George at centre-back, ouch. I still remember the Brum game when he was there with Downing to his left as a wing-back and it was painful to watch Juke win every header.

Sounds like it's Tav on the left and VLP on the right, McNair must be in the middle with Leadboots.

i feel a bit guilty picking fault as it is a definative move to put out an attacking line up. BUT....my actual first thought when i read down the names was ....why Gestede as well .

its lopsided imo  if he were to put say Saville or Wing in instead of Rudy i think it would have a much more efficieint shape to it.   Maybe, being synical, its  a cunning ploy by Pulis to self distruct with top heavy personnel in order to reinforce his defensive strategies after it backfires.

Still lets see how it pans out ,hopefully im wrong in those thoughts and we win handsomely.

Sounds like it's Tav on the left and VLP on the right, McNair must be in the middle with Leadboots.

Thats how they have started

It's Tav LM and VLP RM but the radio did call the front 3 correct Fletcher's at #10

It's Tav LM and VLP RM but the radio did call the front 3 correct Fletcher's at #10

It's lwb and rwb for sure, we're only playing 3 at the back.

Good volley from McNair but it flashes wide.

you can tell Dimi is rusty, he's just a let a dangerous ball flash completely across goal while hesitating to come for it.

VAN LA PARRA PUT IN A REALLY GOOD CORNER.

GUYS IT HAPPENED.

That 1 corner from VLP might be one of the best deliveries I've seen all season, might be a fluke so holding off on calling him the new great set piece hope.

• Latest Posts

• Wait, are you saying we can't criticise players for playing bad? Fry was awful last season, to the point Warnock has stated he "didn't get the hype" over Fry.  Why can't we criticise players that are playing well beneath the level we've seen them reach previously?
    • Sorry mate, but he's been cack (nicest word I can put without breaking violations) so I wouldn't compare it to other performances this season, plus he's been on the bench a lot. He literally once again brought nothing to the side but I felt sorry that he got put out at LWB.
    • I'm genuinely interested to hear what you expect as a fan and that isn't me having a dig honestly.... Every fan has different expectations. As a paying customer and a fan I want to see us win at all costs, and if we do that by playing good football then that's a added bonus. I'd love to see us have some identity as a club but unfortunately whilst we have Bausor and Gibson running it, we won't and fans need to get use to that. Additionally, to that I wanted a manager in the summer who we could put down foundations with for the next 3 or 4 seasons and had experience (someone like Houghton or Pearson. I'm not knocking Warnock because he's done a good  job in such a short space of time and I like the togetherness of the team.
    • He wasn't awful but that's not really the point, is it?  Don't slag the players off for being bad unless you think they are bad, is a bit of a catch all type of thing.
    • I mean, it still doesn't change the fact that when everyone was complaining about him he was awful, even Warnock said as much.