oneBoro Forum

Boro v Peterborough (FA Cup 3rd Round) 5-0 (Assombalonga (2) Friend, Wing, Fletcher)

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

What I will say is I actually like the way we're playing, believe it or not. The problem starts with the fact that our strikers are beyond useless. They've made some great runs and some sublime passes have been made only for them to completely fluff up the control or shot or whatever.

Gestede has barely won a single aerial duel all day, you can tell Leadbitter hasn't played in about 4 months and McNair has done a Besic twice now in terms of holding the ball for one extra touch when he should just shoot.

Watching this game i dont think the players know whats been asked by Pulis i think hes going to have to make the formation more traditional and simple so everyone knows there roles.

Watching this game i dont think the players know whats been asked by Pulis i think hes going to have to make the formation more traditional and simple so everyone knows there roles.

are we not playing a basic flat 4-4-2? Can it be simplier?

Or how do we play? I am not watching

are we not playing a basic flat 4-4-2? Can it be simplier?

Or how do we play? I am not watching

5-2-1-2 or 3-4-1-2 depending on what you class the wingbacks as.

The way we're playing is probably more suited to a Walker up there than a 30 year old gymnast to be honest, I'd not be against Walker for gymnast, Wood for Tav and Wing for Leadbitter as changes.

Friend's basically LWB anyway might as well put him there and he's terrifying me up against Toney at times plus he can do more to stop Dembele and Ward than Tav can who's tried his best defensively but he's just not a LWB.

Watching the Forest v Chelsea game. Chelsea missed a penalty. The guy tried one of them run, stop, feint, kick pennas and the keeper saved it. :D

Most of the team from both teams were well inside the box by the time the guy kicked it so I guess by rights it should have been taken again. (I may be wrong) But the ref gave a corner. And for me rightly so. :)

Always thought it was kind of cheating to do a run, check, kick penalty. But thats just my opinion.

It's going to get worse second half when Pulis brings VLP off.

Yeah but it needs to happen because you can see already he won't last 90 mins. I really like what I've seen though tbh.

Also the other thing I'll say about this game is literally none of our moves to get past players have come off I don't think, not a single one, so fair play to Peterborough for shutting us down.

0-0 at half time.

Boro do realise they have to score to win.

Right back to Travellers so much more interesting than a Pulis team.

Are you watching it? It's actually been a really open game, our strikers are just pants.

McNair looks void of confidence. Gestede has had an okay chance but otherwise been non-existent. Fletcher has been all over the pitch but he's really not that kind of player, really needs to be getting his feet on the end of crosses and passes into the box. VLP cannot beat his man no matter how hard he tries but he looks far from match fit. Leadbitter tired but he's the one picking out the passes that the forwards should be benefiting from in truth. He's pinging them right over their back line in the gaps and no matter who it's aimed at is just incapable of bringing it down. That one for Britt was awful from Britt, such a dreadful touch. Tav can't really get into the game but at least he's beat his man once or twice.