oneBoro Forum

Boro v Birmingham (A) 1-2 (Wing, Assombalonga)

I can't imagine being anything but optimistic when there are a full 20 games left to play and we're only 6 points from the top 2. We're even closer to dropping out of the play-offs with just 4 points between us and 7th but I can't see any reason at this stage of the season to be looking down and not up. I can't imagine spending the next ~4 months simply preparing for disappointment but there you go.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we can win this one to get back on track. The top two are not out of our reach and a good start to 2019 and we are right back in it. UTB

Back on what track? By right back in it are you genuinely meaning automatic promotion? I admire the fact you watch the Boro and support them but I think you need to look at the teams we are up against, I think we are hanging on to top 6 by the skin of our teeth.

Not so long ago I was thinking the same however not any more as I have seen enough to suggest that we are improving and with the results of others in and around us shows we are all pretty much the same, even runaway favourites Norwich and Leeds have been having off days and are both capable of being caught with indifferent displays and results.

We know that there are going to be points dropped by others near us, if we can go on an unbeaten run without too many draws then auto promotion is I feel up for grabs.

We had a very negative 2018 in many ways, some aspects can change and there is some hope in all things bright and boroful :)

Good for you DS, hopefully some of your positivity will rub off, 350 mile round trip just to be miserable is not my idea of fun

Back on what track? By right back in it are you genuinely meaning automatic promotion? I admire the fact you watch the Boro and support them but I think you need to look at the teams we are up against, I think we are hanging on to top 6 by the skin of our teeth.

Yes I do genuinely mean automatic promotion. I don't see any teams with better players or set up than us. One more quick, strong pacy winger and we are there. I don't understand how this is not obvious to most.

Is this the elusive winger which will solve everything we've been looking for for for three season? oooooh, can't wait to see this bloke.

From going reluctantly to games its obvious we are no where near a promotion team - I guess youre watching a different team to me.

Must be

Can you not only name me these wingers but tell me what clubs have these wingers?  I'm being realistic - fancy a charity bet on it? I bet we don't make auto promotion playoffs - £100 to a charity of your choice. It will be worth being wrong if we do - look at the transfer thread, its normally the busiest exciting thread of the season, no one wants to play for him mate

Bet365 currently offers 8/1 on Boro making the autos, so I reckon Blanco would be better off putting 100 quid on that. If that's what you mean by auto promotion playoffs.

December has to go down as a really bad month. Four defeats, one draw, and two wins is worse than even some of the more pessimistic predictions on our 'how many points' thread...

Tentative signs of improvement in the New Year as we looked better against a decent Derby team. I'm not getting carried away with the P'Boro game... as the team and formation that starts against Brum will likely not resemble that one in the slightest.

This game against a member of the chasing pack is a litmus test to see if December is actually behind us or not. Would love to see an away win but gut says 0-0, 1-1, hard fought draw here.

Will be thoroughly dissapointed but not surprised at all to see plodders in chief Downing, Besic, Hugill, and Flint return to the side in place of the likes of Wing, Tav, Fry, and Britt/Fletcher who all did enough to warrant a start on Saturday. VLP needs minutes but is so off the pace so I don't know if he starts tomorrow or not, bit of a catch 22.

Not sure I see much cause for optimism myself as in the Champo we remain a plodding team with very little cutting edge. I dont think the Peterbrough game should paper over this , although the second half there was very good (the first could be forgiven as the players were probably in shock at why so many forwards were on the pitch) . Derby are also not the real deal and I think Nugent's miss was worse than Batths so we could easily have lost that.

1-1 tomorrow with Hugill scoring equaliser from a parried Tav shot after a great through ball by Wing in the 70th minute, 2 minutes after both Wing /Tav replace Besic and Downing

VLP will not start again until Newport IMO

if we get beat tomorrow or *god-forbid* he doesn't start with 'Tav', are we gonna have to suffer the doom and gloomers, mindlessly screaming that Pulis should be sacked? it's been relatively peaceful around these parts of late..

I reckon some people are still outraged that 'Dimi' isn't getting a game...

if we get beat tomorrow or *god-forbid* he doesn't start with 'Tav', are we gonna have to suffer the doom and gloomers, mindlessly screaming that Pulis should be sacked? it's been relatively peaceful around these parts of late..

You don't have to wait for tomorrow's result, Pulis can *** off now.

:D

Could you imagine the smile/celebration/parties thrown in the area when he actually leaves. I imagine Ali will be up there screaming "everyone round mine for a parmo!!!!!!"

Could you imagine the smile/celebration/parties thrown in the area when he actually leaves. I imagine Ali will be up there screaming "everyone round mine for a parmo!!!!!!"

As I've said on multiple occasions now, I've accepted my position as being a minority right now. But considering the majority don't like him and want him out, why is there literally no action from people 'sick of it' other than not attending some games?

It's things like when Pulis said post-Burton about how the crowd are demanding, he thinks the boos are directed at the players and not him or anyone else above him. They can at least feign ignorance. Maybe if these people that are so ready to party on his departure actually did something to show how they feel, the club would listen?

As I've said on multiple occasions now, I've accepted my position as being a minority right now. But considering the majority don't like him and want him out, why is there literally no action from people 'sick of it' other than not attending some games?

It's things like when Pulis said post-Burton about how the crowd are demanding, he thinks the boos are directed at the players and not him or anyone else above him. They can at least feign ignorance. Maybe if these people that are so ready to party on his departure actually did something to show how they feel, the club would listen?

Don’t be giving them ideas Wilson. We are in a good position for the second half of the season. There is no cause for alarm at this moment in time.

The thing is Pulis will be gone at the end of the season if we're not promoted, and he 100% won't be sacked before that...

Should just get behind the players and the manager in my opinion. :cowboy:

Such as what mate?