oneBoro Forum

Boro v Birmingham (A) 1-2 (Wing, Assombalonga)

I thought we played very well against Derby and if we do the same today we will beat the brummies.

The lads tried hard at Derby ut played well? How can you play well when you are set out to spoil, defend and punt - they had no outlet, no attack and nothing to relieve sure, they were knackerd by 70 mins.  Gibson proving beyond all doubt hes becoming the most clueless chairman he can become by sticking with this idiot.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Another match thread that is dissolving into a Pulis debate. Not really OneBoro anymore are we?

I recon this will be a tough game. Birmingham seem to be very strong at home and Jutkiewitz seems to be on fire.

With most of the teams that are in contention for the 2nd automatic promotion spot playing each other (Leeds will take some catching), we really need 3 points from this game.

But I don't think we will get them.

0-0. And would be fairly happy with a point.

I thought we played very well against Derby and if we do the same today we will beat the brummies.

The lads tried hard at Derby ut played well? How can you play well when you are set out to spoil, defend and punt - they had no outlet, no attack and nothing to relieve sure, they were knackerd by 70 mins.  Gibson proving beyond all doubt hes becoming the most clueless chairman he can become by sticking with this idiot.

I thought we were quite good between the 20th minute and the 70th minute. Granted that’s only half a match but we were well worth a point at a very tough ground and making up for a shock start. Derby didn’t get a look in in the second half until we started to tire around the 70th minute and Pulis went into his shell and brought on Downing instead of a more adventurous player.

I thought we were quite good between the 20th minute and the 70th minute. Granted that’s only half a match but we were well worth a point at a very tough ground and making up for a shock start. Derby didn’t get a look in in the second half until we started to tire around the 70th minute and Pulis went into his shell and brought on Downing instead of a more adventurous player.

My point is this, the lads got us back into the game in terms of work rate and commitment but when we were beating them to the tackle and winning the ball we had nothing to go with so there were constant hopeful balls up front which derby gathered and came back at us, when Pulis brought downing on everyone knew Pulis was trying to cling on for a draw yet everyone in the stadium knew Derby were there for the taking with a more attack minded set of substitutions.

Imagine playing for that idiot, running yourself into the ground, getting a foothold in the game and an opportunity to win it and he gives you nothing - I personally hate the bloke - I only disliked him a year ago and all this "we looked good" and "we've turned a corner" BS makes me think I'm talking to some people who know as much about football as I do about how women think, anyone who can take positivity from his negativity is either the most "happy go lucky, no one gets me down" person I've met in my life or doesn't even watch the Boro and believe me I've been on this forum long enough to know that theres no one on here who remotely qualifies for option 1.

I suggest Gibson needs either sectioning or counselling and Pulis put out to pasture and we get someone involved with the club who has an idea about running a modern day football club, because "loving the Boro" just isn't enough anymore.

As for the fickle statement, I have a huge issue with that.

People often consider "armchair supporters", "stay-away supporters" or generally people who moan about something at their club as fickle. And yet they are then told to vote with their feet etc.

People often stay away because they believe what is going on at "their" club is wrong or damaging.  They moan because they believe that their club is being damaged. That isn't fickle at all.

My biggest issue is with people who believe that they must not ever moan about anything that goes on at the club and that anyone that does moan isn't a real fan. "Believe", "keep the faith". Slogans created to actually read "blindly follow" and "never moan".

My Problem is Distance I live in Plymouth And oap So me going to Matches now are in the past,I still live & Breathe Boro & will as long as I can

The point is TP is here we are all aware of the division his appointment has caused but do we have to shake the rag doll until it falls apart completely and lose sight that we all have a team to support through thick and thin?

I just find it impossible to have a reasoned discussion because this is what it descends into every time. It's a match thread, the match hasn't even started and people are talking about having a party when the manager of a team sat in the play off spots is gone ffs.

I think we go 451 today Clayton Howson Besic midfield with the 34 year old and Tavernier on either wing, Hugill up front I don't think we see VLP start or Wing my biggest Q is can Fletcher make the bench.

Friend had a shocker in the first game at LCB can't imagine he does 5 at the back again just take it simple keep Batth and Ayala vs Juke in the air. They were pretty bad when we played them at home should have been 4 0 that day not 1 0 Braithwaite was brilliant, we should really be winning this one I don't think a draw would be a good result their defence is abysmal and slow I'm going with 2 0 but not super confident when I say that we could limp to a 0 0.

I think the second half formation against Peterborough is what I want to see.

Wing and Saville pushing forward from cm, left and right forwards supporting Britt and Hugill

however I agree we'll get the standard 451 again.

edit: wow he's managed to fit 5 central midfielders in there again holy ***.