oneBoro Forum

Boro v Birmingham (A) 1-2 (Wing, Assombalonga)

some harsh comments about the line up lads.  its decent imo,considering the options.

VLP isnt up to speed yet, so i can accept him only on the bench, Downing not in the startng line up is a positive, The only change i could make an arguement for is  Tavernier instead of  Besic .

Given VLP and downing are not starting, which is fine, Tav should definitively be starting. We just have no width at all. God, on the right we have a centre mid with a centre back behind him, how anyone can think that’s a good tactic is beyond me. I hope we can nick a win but you can guarantee it will be an awful match to watch whatever the result.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Wing is starting, but he’ll have no outlets to play his quality through balls to.

Hopefully Saville and Howson have license to get forward.

We’re clearly set-up for the draw but hopefully we can sneak a 1-0 win.

And if we’re chasing the game and need a goal we’ve got options from the bench.

It’s not the end of the world...

UTB

People literally won't like any of his line-ups. Hanging on the edge of their seat waiting to berate him for his Pulis selection. It's the same, every week. Even though everyone knows the selection won't be attacking, it won't encompass as many attacking players as people want, even if they do people immediately talk about how much of a *** he is for sticking strikers on the wing, etc. etc. Everyone literally knows what's coming but can't wait to kick up a fuss about it when it happens like it's a bloody surprise.

people liked his line-up against Peterborough and liked his half time changes...so that's just absolute *** Wilson.

"But we know when we come back to the league, it'll be back to the same old, same old"

You expected the Peterborough match to make a difference to this one? I'm calling rubbish.

so just because I know he's gonna be *** doesn't mean I can't be annoyed when he is then ***?

are you saying we should all just happily accept the negative line ups he keeps serving up to us because we know it's coming?

I don't really follow the logic.

Everyone is entitled to complain and I agree with the majority of it. I suppose it just gets a bit boring listening to some people complaining on every single thread.

I know it's been awful to watch but for a few people on here they literally dont seem to find a single thing that is positive.

And it gets equally boring listening to people complain about people being unhappy.

If it's been awful to watch, sometimes there are no positives.

people liked his line-up against Peterborough and liked his half time changes...so that's just absolute *** Wilson.

"But we know when we come back to the league, it'll be back to the same old, same old"

You expected the Peterborough match to make a difference to this one? I'm calling rubbish.

so just because I know he's gonna be *** doesn't mean I can't be annoyed when he is then ***?

are you saying we should all just happily accept the negative line ups he keeps serving up to us because we know it's coming?

Everyone is entitled to complain and I agree with the majority of it. I suppose it just gets a bit boring listening to some people complaining on every single thread.

I know it's been awful to watch but for a few people on here they literally dont seem to find a single thing that is positive.

And it gets equally boring listening to people complain about people being unhappy.

It's also boring listening to people complaining that it's boring listening to people complaining about being unhappy.

Think he'll play one of wing or Tav, but not both. Downing and hugill will play. VLP on the bench and will replace whichever of the two attack minded players play. That player will later be mentioned in the post match and not see another start for the remainder of January.

Not expecting an exciting game with 0-0 the likely outcome unless they score early or we can fluke one.

Stating the obvious but I'd take anyone over pulis, monk included

Just wish i was wrong about the first sentence. Got the bit about downing playing wrong but honestly, knowing how boring he tends to set up, just selecting Wing and Tav (the two players who have given us some kind of excitement this year) would have probably had people (certainly me) saying "Well at least he is having some sort of go". I wouldn't have liked the line up with 3 centre halves and 3 DCMs but it would have been a step forward.

I'm not moaning. I can't because this is what I expected to happen. I already have my expectations of good football and excitement curbed. I will be looking out for our result but I won't be attending or listening. I'd rather spend my Saturday following my wife around a shop pushing a trolley, or if at home, watching soccer Saturday.

My enthusiasm had totally evaporated.

There's enough talent/ability in the selection to get a result but it's unlikely to be particularly scintillating football to watch.  It should be good enough to at least get a point but I suppose it just depends what you're looking for in a game of football.  At least we're getting some use out of all of those central midfielders we've got so that's a good thing.

Fun fact:  'Tav' (as some of his biggest fans like to call him) has scored more goals this season than Besic, Howson, Wing and Clayton combined.  In fact, if you add in Saville that group of 5 have scored 1 more goal than 'Tav' who apparently still can't be trusted to start even when we're playing a team full of central midfielders.

It's also boring listening to people complaining that it's boring listening to people complaining about being unhappy.

I find it all fascinating.

I find it soul destroying.

I find it soul destroying.

That sounds like negativity to me!

Whilst I understand what you're saying, at this point in time, before the game, what positive things could they say about that line up given the fact that it's a line up that most people don't want to see?  We've scored 28 goals in 26 games, the only teams that appear to have scored fewer than us are in the bottom 4/5 teams.  What would you say was positive about a side that struggles to score goals picking a team that appears to be built to...do what exactly?  Keep it tight, try and nick a win?  It's hardly the stuff of dreams is it?

I said a few posts ago that there is enough ability to get a result in that team - that was me looking for a positive.  But I can't blame people for looking at that team and not being happy about it and then expressing that on here.  If we win 5-0 and play great then you'll see plenty of positive posts.  If the football is lousy then you won't.  That seems about right to me.