oneBoro Forum

Boro v Birmingham (A) 1-2 (Wing, Assombalonga)

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

we look best when we play without wingers

That’s because we have no wingers, give us Sterling and Ronaldo and we’ll probably play better with wingers...

we had Tav, Downing, and Parra on the bench today.... All 3 wingers :-P

When Pulis try and play with Wingers thats when I wanna kill myself watching us... ;)

the Pulis Out briggade are gonna be gutted!

Totally on the fence about Pulis. I dont have the opportunity to go to games anymore. So for me it's about results.

From the sound of it the games are dire to watch... But if he gets us promotion (Which is what he is employed for) I'm all for him.

***nal were once unbeatable... But were taunted as Boring Boring ***nal.... I guess it's all just a matter of perspective. But as fans we should not let it divide us to the degree of getting personal with our comments.

just agree to disagree.

Up the Boro.

That’s because we have no wingers, give us Sterling and Ronaldo and we’ll probably play better with wingers...

When Pulis try and play with Wingers thats when I wanna kill myself watching us... ;)

tav actually likes to play centrally.

If you look at our points tally and base your judgement on that alone I think Pulis is doing a pretty good job, especially with the players he's had available.

If you judge him on our performances at home and the style of football then it's a different story.

I take your point! Some might argue that Downing appears to only want to pass backwards and sideways, Tav is actually a central player (from what I’ve heard from the academy) and Parra isn’t fit. But I concede we do (technically) have some... (I will blame TP’s tactical inflexibility then for the games where we have been beaten down the flanks!). Still, maybe Sterling and Ronaldo have spent their careers dreaming of playing for Tony Pulis....

If you look at our points tally and base your judgement on that alone I think Pulis is doing a pretty good job, especially with the players he's had available.

If you judge him on our performances at home and the style of football then it's a different story.

I think we should all have a good chat about this  ;)

Exactly....

So let's have a poll....

Pretty football?

Or

Promotion at any expence?

Face facts,, We are not a Wolves or a Leeds.

I'm absolutely buzzing with that win! Well done the lads, they dug in deep when needed! Poor spell in the second half almost cost us the game but they showed some grit and resilience to come back. Britt scored a one vs one. I'm so happy for him. :D

Exactly....

So let's have a poll....

Pretty football?

Or

Promotion at any expence?

Face facts,, We are not a Wolves or a Leeds.

Framing that matters a lot - how about phrasing it as...

A) Attempt to lay down a football philosophy at the club that saves money, brings in more young players and plays football that gets the fans off their seats

OR

B) Play effective but highly defensive football, that results in dull games but enough points for a playoff position, where we might play a team that actually plays attacking football and beats us comfortably over two legs

.... actually we tried option B last year...

I'm absolutely buzzing with that win! Well done the lads, they dug in deep when needed! Poor spell in the second half almost cost us the game but they showed some grit and resilience  to come back. Britt scored a one vs one. I'm so happy for him. :D

He took it well.  Nice ball through from Wing as well, nothing flash he's just prepared to play forwards and put the ball into space.