oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Millwall 1-1 (Hugill (penalty))

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Millwall have put out 541 it looks like with 3 6"2+ CBs I don't think they're coming to attack us we should see a lot of the ball it'll be what we do with it. Wing/Saville/Howson will be key today running in between their 5 defenders to get us in behind.

Might be a different game for Wing as well he might need to be the one on the end of through balls we've got to break the lines getting it wide to Friend and Fry won't do us much good in my opinion our midfield will have to win us this game.

Just so we don't get a derailment, don't forget there is a managers thread (though i agree we should be debating the team selection on this thread).

On the managers thread there is a poll of whether people want TP in charge or don't. I only point this out because I am genuinely interested in finding out how many people actually fully support him and how many want him gone.

Irrespective, fingers crossed for 3 points today

selections fans dont want?

we want wing in - starts

we want saville i - starts

we want fry to play - starts

we dont want downing in - on bench

we dont want ruddy in - not in squad

Avree with your post Kev. Our only true winger is not fit enough to start, although I’m a bit puzzled that Tav is being left out completely. Maybe he is going out on loan as part of deal somewhere. Would be good for him to play every week another place. Slightly annoyed that Hugill is starting again but like someone else said Britt has been very good coming off the bench.

I can't believe Tav isn't even on the bench. Sounds a crazy comment but I hope he has an injury!!!  ( slight strain :-) )   Come on Boro lets get the three points.

Wonder if Pulis is thinking of loaning him out to get game time? Think he should be getting it here, but if (big if) we are getting some exciting wingers in it may make sense.

Edit - BD one step ahead as usual...

We’re playing 4 centre backs, 5 centre mids and a carthorse up front at home against a side who are 20th.

It’s going to be a scrum of a match, more like rugby than football.

Still, we’ll probably win 1-0. A scrappy 6 yard finish from someone in the second half, before we retreat for the last 20 minutes to defend our lead.

Oh Pulis you really are a nutcase. Is this now our game plan for the rest of the season? It would almost be funny if it wasn’t so painful.

Anyway, up the Boro! Here’s hoping for 3 points. We’re going to need them looking at the other fixtures.

We’re playing 4 centre backs, 5 centre mids and a carthorse up front at home against a side who are 20th.

Still, we’ll probably win 1-0. A scrappy 6 yard finish from someone in the second half, before we retreat for the last 20 minutes to defend our lead.

Oh Pulis you really are a nutcase. Is this now our game plan for the rest of the season? It would almost be funny if it wasn’t so painful.

Anyway, up the Boro! Here’s hoping for 3 points. We’re going to need them looking at the other fixtures.

we played like that last game, and that was one of our more enjoyable game to watch, atleast the first 45 min. If we play like that we will win 3-0

Yup, this is the dispiriting world we live in now.

we want wing in - starts

Avree with your post Kev. Our only true winger is not fit enough to start, although I’m a bit puzzled that Tav is being left out completely. Maybe he is going out on loan as part of deal somewhere. Would be good for him to play every week another place. Slightly annoyed that Hugill is starting again but like someone else said Britt has been very good coming off the bench.

pulis has not done alot wrong with the selection here. put britt in and tav on the bench and everyone would be happy? 

i bet loads would be saying why drop hugill he was great last game, tiring the cb's out for britt to exploit. 

britt better off the bench why start him. 

tav only on the bench should be starting.

ALWAYS going to get moaners. tav couldnt play for us lat season as his body couldnt cope with the demand. so he had to go on loan at a lower level.

now a year on his body is supposed to be developed to cope. it might well not be. he is a talent but lets not forget, he is still a boy. his time will come. to much to soon might well ruin him or do more damage than good. baby steps. we all know how good he is, pulis better than anyone.

Have the same opinion as others regarding Tav, hopefully a niggle and not about to travel elsewhere.

This team should be able to deal with Millwall who I feel will go for our throats quickly, there maybe an early goal in this game

we want wing in - starts

Not having 5 cms and a donkey up front would be nice

Yup, this is the dispiriting world we live in now.

when we comfortable beat this lot, i'm going to be back to how pointless and negative these comments are. 

we have no wingers except a 35yo downing who nobody wants to start. 

pulis is a tactical master, he has a team without any width or attacking flair and got them competing for promotion. if anyone dare blame him for our failure in the transfer market, you need to have a quiet word with yourself.

pulis over defensive attitude wont go away even with wingers and pace in the squad. i understand that, but he does a lot of things right which are often overlooked by the moaners/anti pulis squad.

we want wing in - starts

well they did it good last game, I have no problems with 5 cms, we tend to play a lot better when we go narrow

we want wing in - starts

what wingers do you suggest we start? downing? or erm ah thats it. tav and chapman maybe? 

so basically you want players in the squad to play that we dont have atm and are not happy about it. oh and britt to start.