oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Millwall 1-1 (Hugill (penalty))

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

watched the game. bloody awful atmosphere. must be hard to play in. seems like a lot of the fans in the stadium are like the moaners on here. well done you make it harder for the players to play.

it wouldn't have mattered who we put out today in that silent moaning bowl of despair. karanka was right about the fans wasn't he.

we'll never achieve nothing if the fans dont get behind the team. fickle as they come. its one of the reasons i jacked in my red book. the lack of footballing knowledge in the stands is astounding, as is the amount of fans who expect us to play like man city or liverpool and anything short of that is deemed not good enough.

Not sure how many times people need to say they dont need us to play like man city et all.

They want a team to be proud of. A team where the players walk over at the end of the match to applaud the fans and look absolutely shattered because they left everything on the pitch. That's all we fans want from the players, win lose or draw.

What we want from the manager is someone who sets the team up to win games, And to attempt play as good a game as pulis talks.

The narrative coming out from today, my guess, heading into Newport then the midweek game will probably be Pulis emphasising everyone knows we need a couple in it's been difficult but hopefully in the next week we'll have a bit of movement.

If Gibson and Bausor watched that and thought to themselves what this team needs is Jutkiewicz back up top then fair play they must have fallen pray to the booming Middlesbrough cannabis business.

We need a new LB, a winger who can take set pieces and I guess we need a striker since Fletcher doesn't really exist it's all an illusion and Hugill is just not leading us to the Prem we can't rely on him whatsoever he had a few decent touches with his chest today but he still hits the deck like there's a sniper in the stands and he misses really good opportunities in the box he's not up to it.

watched the game. bloody awful atmosphere. must be hard to play in. seems like a lot of the fans in the stadium are like the moaners on here. well done you make it harder for the players to play.

it wouldn't have mattered who we put out today in that silent moaning bowl of despair. karanka was right about the fans wasn't he.

we'll never achieve nothing if the fans dont get behind the team. fickle as they come. its one of the reasons i jacked in my red book. the lack of footballing knowledge in the stands is astounding, as is the amount of fans who expect us to play like man city or liverpool and anything short of that is deemed not good enough.

We pay good money and what is there to cheer about? Home is where the majority of fans get to see whats on offer and its complete dross.

Not sure how many tumes people need to say they dont need us to play like man city et all.

They want a team to be proud of. A team where the players walk over at the nd of the match to applaud the fans and look absolutely shattered because they left everything on the pitch. That's all we fans want from the players, win lose or draw.

What we want from the manager is someone who sets the team up to win games, And to attempt play as good a game as pulis talks.

no mate we do want to play like man city. when zenden jimmy etc were turning out for us. even back then a back pass got jeers from the morons. nothing has changed.

spending thousands is you're choice. if you think its not good enough. then boo them and complain. everyone else does. whats the point in backing a the team eh. its not like we want them to win. if we did we would try and encourage the players.

worst bait attempt ever.

So who’s to blame then? the fans is it mate? What’s your point? Is Pulis more Boro than Boro fans?

worst bait attempt ever.

It's all nonsense in my opinion. It's the "back the club no matter what" and "positivity is the only way forward" mentality that got slaven banned from the stadium.

Interesting, given that we have hired the most negative football manager in the whole of the UK (possibly the world).

Not sure how many times people need to say they dont need us to play like man city et all.

They want a team to be proud of. A team where the players walk over at the end of the match to applaud the fans and look absolutely shattered because they left everything on the pitch. That's all we fans want from the players, win lose or draw.

I know right... as if there is nothing inbetween Man City and the negative sludge Pulis serves up.

Is it really so demanding to expect a line up that resembles a normal football team... ie more than one attacker on the pitch, at home, in the second division, against 20th in the table. Jesus wept.

Has to be said that was absolutely pathetic once again. Setting up like that against a team fighting relegation is just ridiculous. And he can’t even blame a lack of players anymore look at how strong his bench was. His style of play was finished ten years ago.

Home to 20th in the league who have one of the worst away records in the league ship goals for fun I wasn't really shocked when the jeers and chants started after 5 minutes to be honest they were all over us and up for every ball.

I'd rehash it but I think the fans know, for the most part, the value of the squad and wage bill incurred and probably think we should be doing better vs Rotherhams Sheff Weds and Millwall at home who are some of the worst teams in the league they turn up expecting us to roll them over and I'm not entirely sure they're wrong in expecting that?

It's not even about paying to watch or not paying to watch because of Pulis our fans haven't got the same beaten down mentality we had pre Karanka where every game was a dread on our shoestring budget then Aitor came in made the Riverside a legitimate fortress he still got criticised for not scoring enough goals by fans. Then you fast forward to now where we have a squad that's over doubled in value since the promotion squad with very good players and they see us struggling vs relegation teams at home again I don't think they're wrong to have that view and mentality.

You want to stop the boos in the ground you need a time machine or you need to declare bankruptcy firesale the whole squad and go back to signing trialists and loaning Sammy Ameobi's from Prem clubs. Pulis talks about how Fletcher doesn't carry himself with enough arrogance about his ability I don't think the team we put out does to be honest but the fans aren't stupid they know the fee's/cost of the squad and the expectations of having Pulis as manager they're about the only ones in that stadium today who had a right to be arrogant about things.

Just my opinion of course not saying anti/pro TP I'm just saying you can't deny the reality of your surroundings when your surroundings are 20000 paid customers who ain't paying to watch us stave off relegation or make a plucky run at 6th.

Not sure how many tumes people need to say they dont need us to play like man city et all.

They want a team to be proud of. A team where the players walk over at the nd of the match to applaud the fans and look absolutely shattered because they left everything on the pitch. That's all we fans want from the players, win lose or draw.

no mate we do want to play like man city. when zenden jimmy etc were turning out for us. even back then a back pass got jeers from the morons. nothing has changed.

spending thousands is you're choice. if you think its not good enough. then boo them and complain. everyone else does. whats the point in backing a the team eh. its not like we want them to win. if we did we would try and encourage the players.

There’s a difference between wanting to play like Man City and not playing 4-5-1 against a team fighting relegation at home.

Leeds, Brentford play brilliant football, it’s not difficult to do in this league. It’s the ***e sides fighting relegation that pack the midfield, and a big striker every game because they aren’t good enough to play any other way