oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Millwall 1-1 (Hugill (penalty))

We’re playing 4 centre backs, 5 centre mids and a carthorse up front at home against a side who are 20th.

It’s going to be a scrum of a match, more like rugby than football.

Still, we’ll probably win 1-0. A scrappy 6 yard finish from someone in the second half, before we retreat for the last 20 minutes to defend our lead.

Oh Pulis you really are a nutcase. Is this now our game plan for the rest of the season? It would almost be funny if it wasn’t so painful.

Anyway, up the Boro! Here’s hoping for 3 points. We’re going to need them looking at the other fixtures.

Yup, this is the dispiriting world we live in now.

when we comfortable beat this lot, i'm going to be back to how pointless and negative these comments are.

I think the comments were pretty spot on Kev.

Yes, that system worked away in patches for one match, but it’s just asking for trouble setting up like that at home.

pulis is a tactical master

The man is a dinosaur. He’s hated by the fans of every club he’s been to for a reason.

I admire your never say die support Kev and usually agree with what you’ve got to say, but not today mate!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

wtaching th players, I doubt any manager would get better results....

You don’t think starting 5 midfielders at home is the problem? He wants wingers.. has 2 sat on the bench, inform starlet dropped from the squad, top scorer on the bench.. he tells them to play it long to Hugill.. it’s on him

Why do you always blame the players? We have a team full of internationals, quite a few with prem experience who would walk into any side in this league. But when the team is playing defensive hoofball, an full of players out of position it’s quite hard for them to look anything other than ***e

Just out of my PMP study course and was I expecting a positive result, no. A team that plays lower league and we set up at home to defend. Pulis has to go he is killing the club with dinosaur management, he is lost the fan base and losing a life line to promotion. I can’t belive anyone can support the trash talk, or football this p@@ck serves up. It’s not embarrassing, it’s crimal.

Probably going to get flamed for this but that game needed Leadbitter.

Friend, sorry but your legs have well and truly gone. It was honestly embarrassing watching him get rinsed time and time again.

Send Besic back to Everton, he's not the sort of player we need at all.

VLP is going to be great for us once he's match fit, the only one who caused Millwall any problems second half.

Downing should be nowhere near the first team.

Hugill, the less said the better. Britt should have started.

Anyone seen Randolph's left bollock?

The narrative coming out from today, my guess, heading into Newport then the midweek game will probably be Pulis emphasising everyone knows we need a couple in it's been difficult but hopefully in the next week we'll have a bit of movement.

If Gibson and Bausor watched that and thought to themselves what this team needs is Jutkiewicz back up top then fair play they must have fallen pray to the booming Middlesbrough cannabis business.

We need a new LB, a winger who can take set pieces and I guess we need a striker since Fletcher doesn't really exist it's all an illusion and Hugill is just not leading us to the Prem we can't rely on him whatsoever he had a few decent touches with his chest today but he still hits the deck like there's a sniper in the stands and he misses really good opportunities in the box he's not up to it.

No, we need a new manager. As a GM I would never throw good money after bad. Admit mistakes, lessons learnt and move on.

Just out of my PMP study course and was I expecting a positive result, no. A team that plays lower league and we set up at home to defend. Pulis has to go he is killing the club with dinosaur management, he is lost the fan base and losing a life line to promotion. I can’t belive anyone can support the trash talk, or football this p@@ck serves up. It’s not embarrassing, it’s crimal.

We're four points off 2nd you div.

That's what you get when you start a game with 5 CMs, too many players with the same skill set getting in each other's way...

VLP has to start next game. Would like to see us start with 2 uptop as well.

A few weeks ago Man Utd fans were saying the same thing, then Solskaer took the brakes off and they look like a team again. I have watches Pulis teams now for three seasons and he is what he is, a defence coach out of his depth when when it comes to forward play. Please do not think it will get any better even if he has wingers to call on, he will sit them just in front of the full backs like he did at WBA. So personally I am not calling for the players heads, until they are played in their correct positions and allowed the freedom on the pitch to play to their strenghs, then we will not their true capabilities. Never mind only another four months or so and he will hopefully gone, if not, then Gibson may freacture this club for a very long time.

Why do you always blame the players? We have a team full of internationals, quite a few with prem experience who would walk into any side in this league. But when the team is playing defensive hoofball, an full of players out of position it’s quite hard for them to look anything other than ***

well I doubt the manager tell them to miss passes, lose possesion in dangerous areas, screw up on general....

My swedish team play even more defensive football but won the leauge. Was like watching paint dry most of the times, and the fans booed like crazy and screamed for attacks after 10 minutes

So maybe I am just use to it

5 midfielders doesent necesary mean it has to be defensive. Spain played without forwards and won EC ;)

The problem I have is that we cant play at home the way we do, because its clear to me we are useless when we have the ball and that comes down a lot to the players

A few weeks ago Man Utd fans were saying the same thing, then Solskaer took the brakes off and they look like a team again. I have watches Pulis teams now for three seasons and he is what he is, a defence coach out of his depth when when it comes to forward play. Please do not think it will get any better even if he has wingers to call on, he will sit them just in front of the full backs like he did at WBA. So personally I am not calling for the players heads, until they are played in their correct positions and allowed the freedom on the pitch to play to their strenghs, then we will not their true capabilities. Never mind only another four months or so and he will hopefully gone, if not, then Gibson may freacture this club for a very long time.

The difference is that Man U have players that can play offensive football. We dont, not according to me anyway. When we try and play more offensive (at home) we suck

We're four points off 2nd you div.

Post a constructive argument and I’ll counter. There are a few who on here who are blinkered by what they belive and what they see, you try and dictate to others and to sell a your cause. The emperor has no cloths, get it you, div..

Another home game, another dull performance. With added frozen feet this time!

Plenty of passing back, lumping the ball forward and generally not looking like we had a clue how to attack.

Thought van le Parra looked very bright when he came on. Like Jen said on the radio, he was passing the ball and then making a run to recieve the ball back again. Don't think the other players were on the same wavelength sadly. He looks really tricky though, great control of the ball and draws fouls/bookings like adama used to. Could be very useful in the second halF of the season as long as he gets enough game time.

Ref was useless today as well, I lost count of the number of times that Millwall players had hold of the scruffs of boro players necks or had them in a headlock whilst running along. That's fine to do apparently...