oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Millwall 1-1 (Hugill (penalty))

*six points

You div

Sky Sports table is showing Norwich on 50 points, my bad.

But my point is we're well in the playoff places and automatic isn't out of sight either.

It probably is out of sight let’s be honest, and being In the playoffs means nothing considering we basically surrended last season against Villa

Leeds lost today.

Away to a team who were in the prem last season with a new manager. Whilst we struggled to a point against a side fighting relegation at home.

I know which set of fans should be more worried

well we are better in games where we dont play attacking football. So we will probably beat Leeds, WBA (again) and Sheff U (again) ;)

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Another absolutely awful home game, Pulis said after the match he's got an obligation to try and send the fans home happy. Well actions speak louder than words. Yet again we get the formation wrong, start slowly and give the opposition far too much respect.

We have no intention of entertaining the fans and it looks like we show very little intent to try and win the game either.

I'm at the stage where I hate being in the ground, all optimism I have at kick-off is drained out after about 10 minutes of dross and we settle into the usual pattern of stinking the place out.

Id happily get rid of Pulis now even if it means writing the season off. Going to the football is supposed to be fun but Its just soul destroying to watch now.

Adam Clayton: “Booing after 25 or 30 minutes in a home game when we've got so much time to get back into it isn't what the players need or the fans need.”

Watching an hour and a half of "we are crap with the ball" football isn't what the fans need from the players or manager. You don't pay to watch us Adam, and you never come to see me when I'm bad.

Clayton has a point, booing doesn't help but I don't think he realises when he's on the pitch actually how bad it looks from the stands.

I actually think the fans at the Riverside are being incredibly patient considering how bad we are to watch. The Newcastle fans would be demonstrating outside the ground if they had to put up with this.

Not sure a player subbed off at half time for being a*** the worst culprits in a diabolical team performance should really be making comments like that. Fans take their inspiration from what they see on the pitch, and by common consensus, today was dire. Did Clayton expect a standing ovation?

And to the people saying "we're only six points off second", that shouldn't be a compliment. It's a reflection of how low the standard is this season compared to some previous Championship campaigns. The league is begging to be won, and we're making a complete abortion of it.

We got a lucky late draw at home against a ***-poor team in bad form just outside the relegation zone, because we played with 10 behind the ball and passed backwards constantly. We're not even defending well any more. But the fans are wrong to object??

The most frustrating thing is that if we had our home form of last season we would be clear at the top. We just seem to have lost that swagger of last season. Last year every home game I went there confident of winning this year it just feels hopeful rather than confident. Today showed a definite urgency for a 2nd winger as I think that team could be so much more good on the eye replacing 2 of the midfielders for VLP and another winger.

I have faith we'll sort it out. Good news is that VLP looked good when he came on. We're just DESPERATELY in need of some movement on the transfer front. I'd like to see Howson back in the centre cos Besic and Clayton offer absolutely ZERO energy in the middle

TP gets you

'Those supporters will be here for the rest of their lives so you’ve got to respect and understand if they are not happy'

Let's face it though, he has always said the right things. He is a very good speaker. The real question is has he ever followed any of his lovely speeches with even half decent actions ???

I'd suggest not.

TP gets you

'Those supporters will be here for the rest of their lives so you’ve got to respect and understand if they are not happy'

He doesn't get us.

He says the right thing in a press conference but then does the opposite with his tactics. He's got no interest in making the fans happy at all.

TP gets you

Pulis will say anything and do anything to protect his own position