oneBoro Forum
BearSmog

Middlesbrough v Millwall 1-1 (Hugill (penalty))

Hopefully we're over our annual Christmas bump in the road and we can get back to the form we had earlier in the season and the second half of last season. Got to improve our home form - it's been awful going to games recently

Britt deserves a start and obviously Wing should be in there.

2-0 boro. And Boro to win the post match scrap outside the stadium...

Come on Boro. Scrappy 2-1 win but hey-ho, a win's a win!!!

Wish I was watching at the Riverside though. Think I may have to get a WBA away ticket if there's any left!!!!

I’m that confident I’m even going to put Boro in my acca. :D

Noooooooooo!!!!!

I'd stick with the same team except Britt for Hugill just because Hugill's what the Millwall CBs dream of playing against and Britt's on form.

I'd predict 1 0 win but it won't be easy regardless of Millwall's away form they'll be in the game as long as we don't kill it off. Would like a VLP cameo for 20-30 minutes here either way he's been training with us for nearly 3 weeks now would be nice to see a little more of him at some point today.

Hugill starts again, bit annoying. Hopefully we see Britt be as useful as last game off the bench again.

Same poo selections.

How can you keep Hugill in over Britt?

Tav dropped completely? Must give Pratliss his dues for using him correctly though...

He is very good at making the selections that the fans don't want.

Maybe we should start campaigning for Wing and Tav to be dropped and hugill to start every game.

Edit....as with last week I'll not be watching or listening. I'll pop on from time to time to see how things are going.

Five centre mids again... today will depend on whether Howson Saville and Wing have any freedom to support Hugill

If it's first half performance from last week I'm fine with the 5 cm if it's the second half performance I'm annoyed. 

Will get back to you!

Little surprise that so many fans don’t bother at the moment

• Latest Posts

• I am not saying this because it seems the Gibson deal might be drifting away from us but I am quite relaxed about the whole situation. i think the reason for that is we seem to be eyeing some decent alternatives in Benkovic and Simpson who both come with a lot of promise. For once we not put all our eggs in one basket. I know club are looking at two CBs but if we get 1 of the above 3 in I will be happy with that. if we dont get either of the 3 then I will start to worry. Oh and i still got hopes our beloved boro will make a out the blue type signing for the top end of the pitch. Ideally more Lee Tomlin out the blue and less Adlene Guidioura out the blue.
    • Hey don't get uptight about it I was just pointing out to Smogzilla  a fact and how I see it. By the way there really is no effort in doing this, it just pass's some of my spare time and it keeps my brain active since I retired.  
    • The finances always had to be right for this deal to happen in this window and were a long way off from that happening from what I was told Thursday. What's the point in spending a million pound plus wages on a six month loan deal when we are not going to be either fighting relegation or fighting for the play offs. Deal could still happen yet but I expect us to push hard for permanent transfer in the summer. Ps whoever said Gibson had a medical over the weekend was talking utter cr@p
    • Ben Gibson turned up to Rockliffe with his gear on Sunday morning. My Brother was refereeing the under 10's and seen him in the car park.
    • It'd also be unfair to Wood himself - get cover in and then play him when it's right to play him rather than rely on him. Let him learn when it's the right situation, and with experienced players alongside him, rather than pitch him in and hope for the best. Throwing him in there without support could really harm his development.