oneBoro Forum

Boro V Newport County FA Cup 4th Round 1-1 (Ayala)

I’ve got a feeling that we will lose against Newport but then go on to beat Man City (you heard it here first) ;)

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

given the importance of the next three league matches, would you field a full first team against Newport in the hopes of a fairly full house and TV coverage money from a tie with City...or rest players and hope we still squeak through...obviously Newport will be going for it as it is their dream draw

We play the full first team at Newport and we will go out the attitude of them players will be the opposite of Newport players, the fact it be a much smaller pitch also not as well kept and the fact it will be a full house with probably a hostile environment. Put the kids out i think we will win because they'll be alot more use to playing in games like that and they'll want to prove a point, probably match Newport in positive attitude and effort.

Play the strongest team we can, it will be on TV it’s going to be a tough game, if we lose to Newport I’ll be as hacked off as I was when we lost to Burton, if not more so.

Win this game and it’s a chance to have another go at City. I don’t think we’ll achieve promotion this season, so a cup run would be a bonus. I could be wrong, but our league form isn’t great. A decent cup run might well be the highlight of the season.

Play the strongest team we can, it will be on TV it’s going to be a tough game, if we lose to Newport I’ll be as hacked off as I was when we lost to Burton, if not more so.

Win this game and it’s a chance to have another go at City.  I don’t think we’ll achieve promotion this season, so a cup run would be a bonus. I could be wrong, but our league form isn’t great. A decent cup run might well be the highlight of the season.

I agree with this. This is also another game where some players can get some valuable minutes. Fry, Mikel, Tav, VLP, McNair to name a few and then we have a few midfielders that need rotating. Perhaps even a new player or two should we make a surprise dip into the market.

Uwe...................what????????????????????????????

I’m that confident I’m going to stick a £10 on it. Just waiting to hear back from Bet365 for odds on it. But they seem to be dragging their heels on it at the moment:s

Can you imagine players like downing, Britt and Mikel fancying a narrow pitch, Newport players plus crowd been right up for it in their faces and a pitch that isnt perfectly smooth/flat?

Can you imagine players like downing, Britt and Mikel fancying a narrow pitch, Newport players plus crowd been right up for it in their faces and a pitch that isnt perfectly smooth/flat?

Narrow pitch for our narrow team and narrow minded gaffer????