oneBoro Forum

Boro V Newport County FA Cup 4th Round 1-1 (Ayala)

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Appalling display, draw fully deserved by Newport .....not sure who Pulis will blame but they were all rubbish

Thought wing was great again to be fair, but yeah lots of bad performances around today.

Ayala our best player and wing just behind. Mikel had a decent debut but the rest were league 1 material. Paying a combined 20 million for bottom half players like Flint, Seville and McNair in the summer shows that pulis is just as bad in the market as our previous recruiters.

Vote with your feet guys .... I have not been back since Burton game, did not go to Derby game even though i was in Derby that night on new years and had tickets for derby end. Pulis must go because we are not going up just bringing in cdms and nobody will want to watch this style of football in championship.

Could have been Fletcher's last game for us and Downing's (lol no) real shame especially for Fletcher once again stuck out on a wing with defensive duties.

Shotton looked maybe 50% fit to me, Saville had a decent 2nd half, Wing had a decent game, Britt ran down alleys was so isolated for a lot of the game, the 34 year old does what he usually does he's always a 5/10 every week, Friend was a bit headless, Flint got physically dominated by Matt, Ayala lumbered around, Randolph was brilliant, Mikel looked a class above, Tav/McNair were poor off the bench.

Positives to take from that performance is probably Mikel and I guess Wing once again being influential driving us forward?

Now we get to travel the length of the country to face a league 2 team we should have beaten but couldn't stop our old U23 utility player slamming home an equaliser in a replay we don't need and a time we do not need an extra fixture, great. Big 5 days ahead we need to finally sort this squad out no excuses come February 1st.

Now I know why he wants rid of Assombalonga, get a 7 foot striker in so we can just aimlessly send it forward with no idea at how to create a chance with a 34 year old winger with no pace or cutting edge about him. Can’t even break down a mid table league 2 team.

I truly believe this football club is going to be in trouble for many years to come. The playing squad, from back to front, is not fit to purpose. So much wrong at the moment and it makes it really difficult to watch with any sense of optimism.

I truly believe this football club is going to be in trouble for many years to come. The playing squad, from back to front, is not fit to purpose. So much wrong at the moment and it makes it really difficult to watch with any sense of optimism.

We have a decent enough squad that needs tweaking one or two places. We’re just stuck with a crap manager that hasn’t got an idea how to win matches. It’s no coincidence we’ve only scored more than 2 goals in three of our last 45 matches.

Was it McNair who allowed that late cross to go in? Didn't make any effort to close the ball down with plenty of time on his side to do so. Whoever it was; pathetic. More so if it was McNair given he'd been on the field just 20 minutes. Unforgivable defending.

And of course another dull performance once again.

We have a decent enough squad that needs tweaking one or two places. We’re just stuck with a crap manager that hasn’t got an idea how to win matches. It’s no coincidence we’ve only scored more than 2 goals in three of our last 45 matches.

You say "one or two places" but mate, we've got 1 LB (who is knocking on the end of his career), 1 RB (who is a CB), 1 out and out winger in the squad (who is on loan) and 7 CMs who all play near enough the same role.

Our attack is woeful. Brutal. Shocking. I could go through every word in the book. There is no creativity, guile, pace, nor anyone who can get people off their seats (besides a Wing shot from 25 yards).

Don't get me wrong, Pulis is an absolute shambles and definitely a huge part of the problem, but the rot in this team was setting in long before him, and even Monk, were in charge. It has been downhill since the January where we signed Guedioura, and I don't trust Steve Gibson to sort it out any time soon.

Regardless of the players pulis gets it’s not going to be the same. We could have Messi, Ronaldo and lewandowski and it would still be the same old stale ***. Scraping a draw against Newport thanks to a set piece. If Gibson can’t see we are crap he is blind. Crowds will be further dwindling in the coming months.

That's part of your problem BD, the chairman stuck with his head in the sand and with Pulis in charge I feel Gibson is going to get a shock in the coming months not just with dwindling crowds but with season card renewals as well, Gibson needs a wake up call and I think he'll get one.

I'd be really interested to see how many season tickets we sell for next season, because honestly going to the Riverside this season is turning into a painfully predictable affair.

But look at McNair and Saville, for Northern Ireland they play so much better than they do for us I really don't think we have 'bad' players in the squad Braithwaite's last 7 games for us he looked woeful yet look at him now. You can't put everything on the players when you watch them for their national teams or when they move on you see that we have quality players, watch what happens with Fletcher if Hull get the greenlight to take him from us I guarantee with Bowen and Grosicki running the wings he'll get goals for them.

Yes, it was Mc'nair with a shy blunder ...

He has zero killer instinct .. want's to hide

Unless he’s 25yrds our he’ll have a shot. Even if Britt is further forward in a better position unmarked and screaming for the ball :@