oneBoro Forum

Boro V Newport County FA Cup 4th Round 1-1 (Ayala)

Was VLP one of the ill ones?  I thought he'd have played today.

So did I. But pulis isn’t going to bring on an attacker when 1-0 up. We played for the 1-0 since we got ahead. “We needed a second” he said but his subs proved that he was hoping we could just see it out 1-0. Horrible manager.

I was expecting him to start the game I mean.  He needs mins in his legs or I assume he does?  If this ends up like the Harrison loan last season where Pulis doesn't seem to want to play him whilst blaming his fitness then he can *** right off.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Was VLP one of the ill ones?  I thought he'd have played today.

So did I. But pulis isn’t going to bring on an attacker when 1-0 up. We played for the 1-0 since we got ahead. “We needed a second” he said but his subs proved that he was hoping we could just see it out 1-0. Horrible manager.

I was expecting him to start the game I mean.  He needs mins in his legs or I assume he does?  If this ends up like the Harrison loan last season where Pulis doesn't seem to want to play him whilst blaming his fitness then he can *** right off.

He is an attacking player. There is your answer. Unless we are desperately chasing a game those players aren’t getting a lookin unless they’ve started the game. And regarding VLP he’s got 5 CMs in front of him before he starts. His only hope is that the Downing situation isn’t resolved.

He is an attacking player. There is your answer. Unless we are desperately chasing a game those players aren’t getting a lookin unless they’ve started the game. And regarding VLP he’s got 5 CMs in front of him before he starts. His only hope is that the Downing situation isn’t resolved.

I think Pulis will play him ahead of central midfielders mate.  I suspect he was one of the ill players.

I think Pulis will play him ahead of central midfielders mate.  I suspect he was one of the ill players.

We can only hope.

During the subs warm up at half time, VLP was getting sole attention from one of the coaching staff, not quite a fitness test but a watchful eye so maybe something in that.

You always were a hopeless optimist! I reckon we’ll stick with 5 CMs and VLP was brought in so he could get rid of assombalonga and a just play a left winger instead, who ends up playing LWB to cover for Friend’s lack of pace :D

I know we're dogs**t, but to put things into perspective Everton out to Millwall, West Ham getting beat by Wimbledon, Leicester out to the mighty Newport, Wolves scrape a draw to the Shrews....it's the FA Cup! :)

I know we're dogs**t, but to put things into perspective Everton out to Millwall, West Ham getting beat by Wimbledon, Leicester out to the mighty Newport, Wolves scrape a draw to the Shrews....it's the FA Cup! :)

Honestly, other clubs being crap doesn't make most of us feel better. We lost a cup quarter final to a league 1 side and couldn't get the job done today against another one. Because we set up not to lose, irrespective of opposition on 99% of the time. It's not good enough.