oneBoro Forum

Boro V Newport County FA Cup 4th Round 1-1 (Ayala)

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd leave it until the next day before reading the rest of this thread as I knew what it would be like.

Glad to report you guys didn't disappoint!

At least it’s more entertaining than watching the actual football.

Thought I'd leave it until the next day before reading the rest of this thread as I knew what it would be like.

Glad to report you guys didn't disappoint!

At least it’s more entertaining than watching the actual football.

I thought the first half wasn't that bad, Mikel looked a class above everyone on the pitch. As expected Newport came for an FA Cup game and that's what we got, they didn't sit back and probably had the better chances.

I think people are forgetting they did knock Leicester out and we maybe didn't give them enough respect.

Pulis going for the 1-0 wasn't exactly a shocker but to the people moaning he took Mikel off for Clayton, what else should he have done? Mikel obviously couldn't play the full 90 and Clayton is the next best we have in that holding midfield position.

A replay isn't ideal but that's the cup. It could be worse, we could have been a West Ham or an Everton yesterday.

PLEASE WATCH till the end if you haven't before

I know the last bit was spoken about Wilkinson rather than TP but if players are dreading going to training because they hat what's happening there then that's a recipe for disaster.

Also points out what some have said. We have some decent players here. If we started the season now with a different manager and no-one knew what had gone on this season thus far people would think we had the strongest squad and one of the best footballing squads in the league. However, knowing what has happened this season people think we now have a bunch of bang average players because of the style of football they've been forced into.

"The players forgot how to play football under pulis". How worrying is that.

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread. Mods, feel free to move it if need be.

PLEASE WATCH till the end if you haven't before

Interesting and confirms what most supporters already know. I bet a night out with Pulis would be interesting and possibly something to threaten misbehaving kids with, “carry on like Dave and I’ll send you over to Pulis house for the weekend”

I think the Boro players reactions to conceding was pretty damning on their faith in Pulis. There wasn't even any sort of visible upset or anger. In our successful times, whenever we conceded our players would be raging and telling the teammate off that made the mistake. In the promotion year pretty much every goal we conceded left the players absolutely devastated whenever one of them made a defensive error that led to a preventable goal. McNair should have blocked the cross and then the lack of players either predicting the flight of the ball or tracking runners left a few players deserving blame from teammates.

The reaction of our players was one of a malaise that's absolutely sick of the style and plodding through games in our negative style. That's the culture on the pitch and in the stands until the end of the season at a minimum unfortunately.

I thought the first half wasn't that bad, Mikel looked a class above everyone on the pitch. As expected Newport came for an FA Cup game and that's what we got, they didn't sit back and probably had the better chances.

I think people are forgetting they did knock Leicester out and we maybe didn't give them enough respect.

Pulis going for the 1-0 wasn't exactly a shocker but to the people moaning he took Mikel off for Clayton, what else should he have done? Mikel obviously couldn't play the full 90 and Clayton is the next best we have in that holding midfield position.

A replay isn't ideal but that's the cup. It could be worse, we could have been a West Ham or an Everton yesterday.

Aye, we can't complain about a draw when you have two evenly matched sides like that.  Pulis going for the 1-0 wasn't a shocker because we do it repeatedly.  That doesn't make it the correct course of action though.

given the importance of the next three league matches, would you field a full first team against Newport in the hopes of a fairly full house and TV coverage money from a tie with City...or rest players and hope we still squeak through...obviously Newport will be going for it as it is their dream draw

I blooming knew it would be City. An exciting draw to get Newport to raise their game against us. Then even if we get through Newport, we'll get pummeled in the next round.

Crazy how we keep getting home draws though.

given the importance of the next three league matches, would you field a full first team against Newport in the hopes of a fairly full house and TV coverage money from a tie with City...or rest players and hope we still squeak through...obviously Newport will be going for it as it is their dream draw

No play the kids against Newport, what's the benefit in getting pumped by City and having to reschedule a game? It's not gonna be life changing money.

In fairness, if we can get through Newport then at least no-one (including myself) could really moan at pulis tactics against city. 10 behind the ball. 6cms and 4dcms. Play for the draw. Do the same in the replay and hope that some of the plodders can take pens !!!!