oneBoro Forum

Boro v West Bromwich Albion (A) 3-2 (Saville, Assombalonga (2) )

Forget the bullsh!t of the transfer window etc.

It's game time tomorrow and the winning trio of DS, trekkers and Daniel are at the Hawthorns to cheer on the Boro!!!

I'd have more hope if you said you were playing Dave!

Lets hope you can all sprinkle some stardust on this current pile of rubbish

You wouldn't want me playing at the minute! Frozen shoulder, tendonitus in my thumb and torn meniscus in my knee!!!

You would still be more mobile than gestede

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget the bullsh!t of the transfer window etc.

It's game time tomorrow and the winning trio of DS, trekkers and Daniel are at the Hawthorns to cheer on the Boro!!!

I was going to ppst something about not giving two hoots about the game given the goings on, but then you realise through posts like this that its still the fans that suffer.

Hopefully wba are entertaining for you. And hopefully you three enjoy the game.

Five CM formation against Brom tomorrow away is actually fine with me, like others have said it works well away from home against good opposition.

It should only be used for games like WBA away though, and not Millwall at home!!

enjoyed the op Tom.  Sometimes no words can say more than a thousand or so the saying kinda goes.   the only reason ive never put myself up for doing it is because it really would have been like that and you go and make a success out of what i feared would be a flop. 

anyway our chances.... im not holding my breath thats for sure , but the way results have conspired this season to still have us kicking around the top 6  theres always some tiny bit of optimism.  tbh im just riding this season out  we may possibly win , we more probably wont.

The penis mightier than the sword

We have a tendency to show up, when we least expect it .. I can see us win 2-1

Randz

Shotton, Ayala, Flint, Friend

Wing, Obi, Howson

VLP, Hugill, Tavernier

This might be too attacking for Pulis, but a team I could live with..

VLP will score.

I think West Brom will come out of the blocks quick and look for the early goal, they've scored in every home game in the league, West Brom have big lads at the back and if Hugill plays I think he'll get marked out the game. Gayle and Rodrigues are banging them in, I'll go 2-0 West Brom.

Unfortunately I think the mentalities of the two teams will be miles apart. West Brom on the up, signed some good talent to increase competition, real togetherness in a squad and fan base that have the belief they can get promoted with a manager that is honest, loves the team and made over 100 appearances for the club. We are on a bad bit of form (relative to the league position), have unfocused players (who have been touted around other clubs and know their future is likely not here), have publicly failed to bring any quality into weak positions (which our manager has been highlighting repeatedly), have a fan base that is united only in hatred for the manager, and a manager who has one tactic. Add to that, if he has made an ultimatum (and given I think RAF is unlikely to have made it up, I assume he has) has probably binned any standing in the dressing room - why should players play for a manager that doesn’t want to be here?

I’m really worried this could be a cricket score, especially if we concede in the first 20 mins. I’ll predict 3-0 to West Brom, but I fear they will score 5 or 6... (people can call this doom & gloom - but as explained above, I think there are solid reasons for concern.)

Prediction for what i think will happen tomorrow 3-0 win to west Brom and Pulis walks out of frustration of not getting the players he wants from the recruitment team/Gibson, fans turning on him and humiliation from getting beat badly by his old side.

I wonder what would happen if Pulis started Downing without a negotiated new deal.

He won't if for no other reason he'd have to explain what he's been going on about for the past few weeks if he then goes and does that.  Downing will start again when the contract is dealt with, which it will be one way or another.