oneBoro Forum

Boro v West Bromwich Albion (A) 3-2 (Saville, Assombalonga (2) )

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

He literally ran out of steam yesterday and at one point he had real trouble getting back into the defensive area.

He does not kid many now and his creative aspect is waning more and more.

Need to really think about who should cover for George perhaps Downing from time to time?

I suggested this the other day, that Downing could do an ok LB .. He is as defensive as one anyway.

He played there quite a bit for Liverpool so he has experience at it too.

I think Downing would be an awful full back defensively. He doesn’t put his head on the line or make blocks - he stays out of trouble as much as he can.

Friend's form?.. For me he's been outstanding most of the season (as has Shotton when fit). The lad has some motor on him, never stops up and down.

Have a feeling vs Leeds we'll start 532, Wing probably sacrificed for Howson in midfield with Mikel and Sav.

Really? Friend has regularly been one of our more suspect players for me. Absolutely no questioning his motor and heart and I love the bloke, but he's often caught out of position and will usually give the ball away in a stupid area at least once a game.

Hes not sure if hes meant to be lw or lb thats my worry with friend. For me id play him as lw as he does make some decent runs forward (shows good heart and drive in games) and find someone more reliable at lb. Get rid of downing as hes too old, slow and stealing a living by passing the ball sideways all game and use his wages to bring in a right winger.