oneBoro Forum
Tom

Boro v West Bromwich Albion (A) 3-2 (Saville, Assombalonga (2) )

Get in Britt. Now come on Boro make DS’s day. Come from behind and win the game

• Latest Posts

• Couldn't have put it better myself. 
    • Wait, who are you blaming for propaganda, Shotton or the Gazette?
    • There's no way we're going to get to safety with him still in charge. We have gone from battling for the play offs to battling relegation. I don't think Gibson is even arsed anymore and I really don't see a way out of this mess.
    • Woodgate can't win on the tactics front. He was forced to change from his preferred style when injuries and results hit us hard at the early point in the season. We shored up a leaky defence and gradually started playing better towards the end of last year, the Hull game in particular was one game which, prior to Johnson's sending off, was much better than we'd played prior to that, it was the beginning of a turnaround in form and results. Charlton at home was incredibly only a 1-goal win but things got worse as Britt went off injured and young Walker couldn't wrap it up. We got a couple of important wins, then a couple of really good wins and then we hit the New Year. Players only recently started coming back into the side in the last month as we brought new boys in and Woodgate was determined to go back to his preferred style, but he has only just recently had the chance to do that, when we started looking safer. Don't get me wrong, the last 3 have been dreadfully managed and the team look void of motivation and guts, the subs have been dreadful in terms of changing tact. But I'm not gonna call Woodgate out on not sticking with his 4-3-3 all the way through. Everybody wanted him to change it back then and now want to criticise him for not sticking to his guns the whole way through when it wasn't working and we weren't winning. Everyone felt getting a couple of wins on board was important (we had only 1 at that point) and during that time, his options became more limited and we were stuck in a formation he was getting more out of but ultimately wasn't one he wanted to play. I think the loss of Roberts has really hit us too. He's the kind of player we need if we're gonna go back to 4-3-3 and be effective. The sooner we get him back, the better it should be for us. Unsurprisingly, Woodgate is being careful with his recovery so as to avoid any further injury.
    • Agreed. New gaffer would have free hits at Leeds and Forest which we would have almost 100% lost with Woody anyway... Then he should be at last somewhat bedded in for Charlton.