oneBoro Forum

Boro v West Bromwich Albion (A) 3-2 (Saville, Assombalonga (2) )

Still hyped over that result. Add England winning the rugby too, almost a perfect weekend (as long as the Patriots don’t win tonight and my hangover calms down a bit).

On another point, do we think Pulis might go back to playing 2 strikers? at least at home? That would win over a few fans and has generally co-incited with our better results (Britt & Braithwaite earlier in the season).

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win, was in Dublin for the England Ireland game so a great day all around.

Our away form has never been the issue really, but it was still a good performance and good mentality to come back to win, so well done to Pulis and the lads.

We need to transfer our away form to the Riverside, and we might, might, just have a chance.

I hope you enjoyed the rugby, Jimmy.

Personally I won’t watch it, not under the current regime, it’s all too negative. They just seem to throw the ball backwards all the time. When they aren’t doing that, they have a tendency to just hoof it upfield!

So was he banned, for using the R word twice?

yes I would assume so. Or possibly for indirectly calling Tom a snowflake. He kept digging his hole.

Who?

Haha what have we missed!??!

I was playing a little bit of devils advocate and merely stated on the Hugill dive that it did look like there was some contact. Someone else took offence to that and proceeded to call me an offensive name. When warned by Tom he called me it again in his next post.

Then he said that people were snowflakes for being offended.

Where has snowflake come from as an insult and what on earth does it mean?

yes I would assume so. Or possibly for indirectly calling Tom a snowflake. He kept digging his hole.

Who?

Haha what have we missed!??!

I was playing a little bit of devils advocate and merely stated on the Hugill dive that it did look like there was some contact. Someone else took offence to that and proceeded to call me an offensive name. When warned by Tom he called me it again in his next post.

Then he said that people were snowflakes for being offended.

Where has snowflake come from as an insult and what on earth does it mean?

Began being used extensively as a putdown for someone, usually on the political left, who is easily offended or felt they needed a "safe space" away from the harsh realities of the world, but now has morphed into a general putdown for anyone that complains about any subject.

from urban dictionary ;)

The objects snowflakes are all the same from natures side...

The term special snowflake is used about above mentioned people, who think they are sooo special and nothing like normal.

So it's an insult saying, stop being so weird and special, thinking that everything offends you and is against you. You don't need a safe space for your feelings, just man up and face reality..

From 9GAG

Just watched the extended highlights on mfc site. More than 11 minutes and Hugill's penna claim not even mentioned. The editor of those highlights must have seen it as a clear dive and NOT included it in the video.

Watched the highlights. Absolute top drawer finishing from Britt for both goals clinical. I’m still not at ease with Friends form. I could only watch the game on the phone yesterday while shopping but he looked very suspect on the highlights. Even gave the ball away in a dangerous position. Seemed like most of their attacks were down our left hand side.

Nevertheless it was a brilliant result that I’m really buzzing about. Hope we start with Britt and Hugill up front together with Mikel, Wing, Saville and VLP behind them. Show some spirit and go out to get the first goal. And should they score first we at least have the right players on the pitch to get back. Be brave tony.

Friend's form?.. For me he's been outstanding most of the season (as has Shotton when fit). The lad has some motor on him, never stops up and down.

Have a feeling vs Leeds we'll start 532, Wing probably sacrificed for Howson in midfield with Mikel and Sav.

Friend's form?.. For me he's been outstanding most of the season (as has Shotton when fit). The lad has some motor on him, never stops up and down.

Have a feeling vs Leeds we'll start 532, Wing probably sacrificed for Howson in midfield with Mikel and Sav.

Really? Friend has regularly been one of our more suspect players for me. Absolutely no questioning his motor and heart and I love the bloke, but he's often caught out of position and will usually give the ball away in a stupid area at least once a game.

He literally ran out of steam yesterday and at one point he had real trouble getting back into the defensive area.

He does not kid many now and his creative aspect is waning more and more.

Need to really think about who should cover for George perhaps Downing from time to time?

He literally ran out of steam yesterday and at one point he had real trouble getting back into the defensive area.

Need to really think about who should cover for George perhaps Downing from time to time?

I suggested this the other day, that Downing could do an ok LB .. He is as defensive as one anyway.

I suggested this the other day, that Downing could do an ok LB .. He is as defensive as one anyway.

He played there quite a bit for Liverpool so he has experience at it too.

Not a chance of Wing not playing. That would be nuts. Midfield of

Mikel

Wing

Savile

VLP

With Howson or Besic off the bench to see out the win.