oneBoro Forum

Boro V Newport County - FA Cup 4th Round Replay (a) 0-2

Surely, this has to be an opportunity for the fringe players - Fletcher, McNair, Wood etc. Give VLP and Mikel the first hour, play Downing at LWB to see what (if anything) he does, and give Hugill and Britt a chance to build a rapport. There's a fairly deadly little-and-large striker combo developing there, but it needs game time to develop.

My preferred XI would be a 5-3-2, not that I suspect the final team will resemble this in any way:

Dimi

Ayala Fry Wood

McNair Mikel Downing

VLP Fletcher

Hugill Britt

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is looking for a friendly place for a coffee or beer prior to the game, Quarters Coffee next to the stadium is run by Boro fans! We're just down Millennium Walk behind the stadium - the pubs near the ground aint the friendliest for away fans. It'll be nice to hear some familiar accents in this strange land!

I think we'll have too much for County this time round - they've been poor in the league and losing the lad Semenyo is a blow. A lot of the players and staff pop in for coffee and they're proper nervous about Mikel!

PKentucky of players that could do with some minutes; McNair, VLP, downing, Tav, fletcher and Gestede. And then Clayton who has lost his spot to Mikel and perhaps a youngster like wood who has previously been mentioned. We should be able to field a strong side with willing players. Would like to see big Gestede partnered with Fletcher. Don’t want fletcher pushed out too wide. Just let him play up front like he had succes with in earlier cup games.

If anyone is looking for a friendly place for a coffee or beer prior to the game, Quarters Coffee next to the stadium is run by Boro fans! We're just down Millennium Walk behind the stadium - the pubs near the ground aint the friendliest for away fans. It'll be nice to hear some familiar accents in this strange land!

I think we'll have too much for County this time round - they've been poor in the league and losing the lad Semenyo is a blow. A lot of the players and staff pop in for coffee and they're proper nervous about Mikel!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the information.

I think there are only a very few from the forum going to be honest but what a terrific venue to go to if you are going

PKentucky of players that could do with some minutes; McNair, VLP, downing, Tav, fletcher and Gestede. And then Clayton who has lost his spot to Mikel and perhaps a youngster like wood who has previously been mentioned. We should be able to field a strong side with willing players. Would like to see big Gestede partnered with Fletcher. Don’t want fletcher pushed out too wide. Just let him play up front like he had succes with in earlier cup games.

That's an awesome auto correct  :D

I think people are misunderstanding the mentality of footballers. The Boro players will be breaking their necks for an opportunity to show what they can do against Pep and his (absolutely awesome) Man City team. We’ll be as motivated as they will that’s for sure

I think this one might go all the way to penalties and we will edge it with our impressive penalty shootout record. I hope and think we will win it as a defeat will be damaging for us. I'm not one the buys the Cup is too much of a distraction. If anything it gives fringe players an opportunity to step up their claims for the 1st team as well as the chance of playing the best in the world ie City.

I think the team we might go with will be:

Randolph

McNair Fry Flint Wood Friend

Clayton Howson Tavernier

Fletcher Britt

I think this one might go all the way to penalties and we will edge it with our impressive penalty shootout record. I hope and think we will win it as a defeat will be damaging for us. I'm not one the buys the Cup is too much of a distraction. If anything it gives fringe players an opportunity to step up their claims for the 1st team as well as the chance of playing the best in the world ie City.

I think the team we might go with will be:

Randolph

McNair Fry Flint Wood Friend

Clayton Howson Tavernier

Fletcher Britt

Don’t know about the rest but there is no way Wood will be starting this game. Bench and bring on late if we’re 2 clear. But no way will he start.