oneBoro Forum

Boro V Newport County - FA Cup 4th Round Replay (a) 0-2

And therein lies the problem. Alpha males sorting disagreements with macho bull*** as opposed to a discussion over a nice cup of tea.

You know that I like you a lot D.Z. and you're one of my best friends on here but you sound like a proper fanny  :whistle:

I'm a lover not a fighter.

I loved your mum last night. Oh yeah. Loved her hard.

Big deal!  I love my mum every night.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pleased we're out, but it's a shame he took a pretty strong team.. should've literally just sent the youth team - manager & staff included. Hope we don't pay the price against Leeds now

You're pleased we are out?  I thought we could have done with the money form playing City - a chance also for Pulis to show what we would be looking forward to if by some miracle he got us up.

I cba watching us chase around after Man City for 90mins tbh, and surely on game ain't gonna render us bankrupt?

You just described nearly all our games and i never mentioned bankruptcy, I'm just saying if we are so skint wouldn't a full house against City be a help?

You'd never want this type of story to happen to any team, let alone your own one.

People travel all over watching a football team play, they pay their money and give up their own time. The LEAST a football can do is clap the away support and thank them for their efforts. It doesn't cost alot in the grand scheme of things.

Added to this, footballers need to realise that in a profession which is dependent on results, they are open to fair criticism. Never racial, which some thickos can't comprehend, but people and fans should rightly voice their displeasure after a bad performance. That comes with the territory of being a footballer.

As a result, they should never mock or take the ***. Have a debate with and talk to people, but can any one really justify the actions of Basic? It just screams to me of a professional footballer, on easy street, who only plays because they get paid. Modern footballers don't give a toss about the fans. They say they do, But realistically they don't. It's just a part of the game. Last night highlights this, it's just a sickener that it's happened to our club.

Yet again, another nail into the coffin of Boro with a team, manager and tactics that I have absolutely no joy, faith or pride in. #Disillusioned

You think it's ok to assault someone because they called your mother a whore? I strongly disagree. How little self control do you have if someone you don't know saying something you know isn't true gets you to the point of wanting to assault them?

It’s not a lack of self control. I would be in total control of my actions and still react the same way. (Also my mother was not a whore but maybe a bit of a slag but that’s a story for a different time ;) )

So if it's not a lack of self control then presumably you'd happily go to prison and serve time because somebody got under your skin? And you think that's normal?

Depends what you call normal. ? Now obviously I’m not saying you go all out to disfigure the guy but many disagreements at my work have been sorted out behind the hanger to which most of the establishment including management think it’s ok

Also with the common idea that violence isn’t the answer my whole career is built along the fact that violence may not be THE answer but certainly is a answer

And therein lies the problem. Alpha males sorting disagreements with macho bull*** as opposed to a discussion over a nice cup of tea.

What if this abuse about your mother occurs while your 6 year old daughter is there, crying because of what is being said about her gran? - there's a limit to everything really, what's being said here is choose not to be offended which I do but if someone upsets someone you love that goes deeper and violence is sometimes unavoidable

Fair play to Pulis. Thousands of fans scream abuse at him telling him how *** he is every week. And to the best of my knowledge he has never once said it back.

He just punishes us in other ways. 5 DCM's at the weekend?!?!?!

In fairness to Randy it the blame does always fall on the manager. His team. His tactics.

However, those players shouldn't have needed a game plan yesterday. They should be good enough and they showed no skill, no ability, and what's worse, no passion. At all. They have to shoulder some of the blame for yesterday. They were abysmal irrespective of tactics.

Fair play to Pulis. Thousands of fans scream abuse at him telling him how *** he is every week. And to the best of my knowledge he has never once said it back.

He just punishes us in other ways. 5 DCM's at the weekend?!?!?!

In fairness to Randy it the blame does always fall on the manager. His team. His tactics.

However, those players shouldn't have needed a game plan yesterday. They should be good enough and they showed no skill, no ability, and what's worse, no passion. At all. They have to shoulder some of the blame for yesterday. They were abysmal irrespective of tactics.

Credit to Newport where it's due. They did well, rarely teams can't just roll up without a game plan and expect to win. Especially if Newport have one.

What annoys me, tactically, about last night's game is that we just seemed to pass it wide to Fry who then crossed it in. Apart from that it was just generic football.

Compare that vs other teams that have set moves when going forward. We just have no attacking creativity in the final third and it's *** to watch.

Its impossible to dismiss this game as just another bad day at the office, without any exaggeration this is one of the worst cup exits in the history of this football club, outplayed by a division 2 side that are poor in their own division.

The now we can concentrate on the league without the distraction of the cup is just a *** poor excuse and bull *** for an embarrassment of a result.

You'd never want this type of story to happen to any team, let alone your own one.

People travel all over watching a football team play, they pay their money and give up their own time. The LEAST a football can do is clap the away support and thank them for their efforts. It doesn't cost alot in the grand scheme of things.

Added to this, footballers need to realise that in a profession which is dependent on results, they are open to fair criticism. Never racial, which some thickos can't comprehend, but people and fans should rightly voice their displeasure after a bad performance. That comes with the territory of being a footballer.

As a result, they should never mock or take the ***. Have a debate with and talk to people, but can any one really justify the actions of Basic? It just screams to me of a professional footballer, on easy street, who only plays because they get paid. Modern footballers don't give a toss about the fans. They say they do, But realistically they don't. It's just a part of the game. Last night highlights this, it's just a sickener that it's happened to our club.

Yet again, another nail into the coffin of Boro with a team, manager and tactics that I have absolutely no joy, faith or pride in. #Disillusioned

You hit the nail on the head, Problem is if that is how our players perform and treat their fans after a bit of stick they get at the end of the game for performing like that then why would i want to contribute to their wages by turning up to watch them. I dont condone anything racial slurs that is people who do that are frankly m.ron fans and deserve what they get if a player gives it back. However fans booing or telling the players/Pulis what they think at the end of a game they've got to take that on the chin because fans pay good money and spend time travelling to watch them so are entitled to an opinion.

Besic needs to be sent back to Everton, last night plus his abject performances this season clearly shows he doesn't give a crap about the fans or the club hes just in to collect his wage.

tbh, if the players went into it from a POV of trying to save themselves physically for the Leeds game then I don't really have a problem with it. Personally, the cups don't interest me at the moment. If they were running round busting a gut and were just simply outclassed by a team like Newport County then it's possibly a little worrying. You'd have to assume it's the former though.

Fans turning up expecting anything other than a B-team performance were a little naive if you ask me, considering our current fixture list.

At this stage, any fan going to a cup game surely has to expect that they aren't going to see a full strength first team going all guns blazing. Hence why the tickets usually cost about a tenner. It's quite a naive and quite boring argument to assume any different.

Yes, but a really good performance by a fringe player might put him into mix for Leeds game, even if only on bench...and being on bench means chance of going on....if Leadboots had still been here, at least one guy would have been trying..but there was a total lack of drive last night...and there was nobody on that pitch showing leadership ..on our team

tbh, if the players went into it from a POV of trying to save themselves physically for the Leeds game then I don't really have a problem with it. Personally, the cups don't interest me at the moment. If they were running round busting a gut and were just simply outclassed by a team like Newport County then it's possibly a little worrying. You'd have to assume it's the former though.

Fans turning up expecting anything other than a B-team performance were a little naive if you ask me, considering our current fixture list.

At this stage, any fan going to a cup game surely has to expect that they aren't going to see a full strength first team going all guns blazing. Hence why the tickets usually cost about a tenner. It's quite a naive and quite boring argument to assume any different.

For someone who's going on about how people being happy to see us lose to push pulis towards the door being a disgrace you sure are happy to see us lose.

It's actually legitimately impressive the knots you must be tying yourself into trying to justify that performance.