oneBoro Forum

Boro Fans and vocal support especially at home.

I think Lady has a point.....we're like Leicester in a way....function best as a counter-attacking team and suffer when we have to try and break down a bus defence...Puel is a similar tactician to Pulis (weird how you never see them in same room)...criticism of fans never helps but neither does booing team, to be honest, as long as both sides keep it within reason, it should not hurt .....and a good win over Leeds could help a lot

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of the fans negativity comes from how we are being set up. Seeing the team with 5 CMs and Hugill before the game is pretty negative from Pulis and that sets the tone in the ground. The fans are not dumb and know we have the players to attack teams like Millwall. Pulis must know this is happening, so if he wants the fans to respond then give us something to respond to.

No other team in the top leagues anywhere in Europe sets up with 5 center mids, 3 center backs and a carthorse up front. 

We have a bloody good right to moan about it. 

We are not the underdogs in this league as much as Pulis likes to spout that we have nothing, we are top 5 squad/wages/players. Bloody hell non league sides go to Prem teams in the cup and set up more offensively that we do. Its soul destroying.

my pont is that I don think it will be better to watch a Pulis team set up more offensive or playing offensive football as I dont think he can manage that. So I think it would actully be even worse than it is now....

So aslong s Pulis is here I rather he plays to his strenghts than trying to do something he cant....

Who remembers when Lee Cattermole went on the radio and said 'if the fans wanna boo don't bother coming'? Then he was banned from doing radio interviews by the club.

It's always been like this, we had a nice upturn with the red faction became a thing, but now there's either too many hangers-on in the south stand or they've gave up themselves, hard to tell.

Who remembers when Lee Cattermole went on the radio and said 'if the fans wanna boo don't bother coming'? Then he was banned from doing radio interviews by the club.

It's always been like this, we had a nice upturn with the red faction became a thing, but now there's either too many hangers-on in the south stand or they've gave up themselves, hard to tell.

I don't actually.  I remember when we had to sell him because he couldn't behave himself off the field though.

Let's play a game.  Let's go through all of the games this season that fans booing has demonstrably effected the game, citing specific examples.  So not booing after the game has finished like against Burton for example but during the game where it has effected the game.  It should be easy this as it's clearly a massive problem...

Pulis can set up a team to attack the opposition, take WBA at the weekend, but he doesn't like it as it gives him a nosebleed, and it is only a last resort to be done when he goes behind. Pulis claims to take his inspiration from the great Italian sides of the eighties and nineties, oh come on please that is an insult to the greatest defensive teams I have ever seen, but who could counterattack in the blink of an eye. Booing never helps players it just makes you freeze and go into your shell, but surely it was directed at Pulis and his negative tactics, the players are only carrying out his instructions.

Pulis can set up a team to attack the opposition, take WBA at the weekend, but he doesn't like it as it gives him a nosebleed, and it is only a last resort to be done when he goes behind. Pulis claims to take his inspiration from the great Italian sides of the eighties and nineties, oh come on please that is an insult to the greatest defensive teams I have ever seen, but who could counterattack in the blink of an eye. Booing never helps players it just makes you freeze and go into your shell, but surely it was directed at Pulis and his negative tactics, the players are only carrying out his instructions.

I think it is directed at Pulis, people are just fed up.

It's easy to tell the fans what they should or shouldnt be doing when you don't go to the home games. Some of the critics should try and sit through it every home game and paying your hard earned money to watch the garbage we are watching.

Given how hostile some away games can be, I'm surprised they struggle to play at home. I think at the moment at home there's only really Wing who tends to try something hence why he gets a lot of praise by fans even if it doesn't come off. I think too many play safe rather than try something through fear of getting abuse but I do think now people would appreciate a little more risk taking from players than side and backward passing especially when most teams will sit back against us.

Given how hostile some away games can be, I'm surprised they struggle to play at home. I think at the moment at home there's only really Wing who tends to try something hence why he gets a lot of praise by fans even if it doesn't come off. I think too many play safe rather than try something through fear of getting abuse but I do think now people would appreciate a little more risk taking from players than side and backward passing especially when most teams will sit back against us.

What games have the players had abuse from the fans?

Nearly every game that Downing starts ;)

Abuse is the wrong term I meant to alter before posting but there has been negativity with regarding some play which Clayton mentioned post Millwall which hasn't been just a one off this year. As I said there does appear to be a fear with several players where they make the safer negative passes than a more positive riskier play.

well do you think we would have beaten WBA if we had set up like we did the last 20 minutes from start?

I dont, Pulis dont... ;)

Pulis will atleast change his setup when needed, Ill give him that.

But he will never do that from start, thats not him, will never be and I am kinda gratefull he dont, because I can only see us playing so much worse if he did, apperently he thinks so to

Pulis doesn't have to compromise his principles and start trying to play like Barcelona.

I'm sure there's a middle ground or just a way of tweaking things at home.

It isn't working anyway so it needs to change and it isn't not working because of the fans.

well do you think we would have beaten WBA if we had set up like we did the last 20 minutes from start?

I dont, Pulis dont... ;)

Pulis will atleast change his setup when needed, Ill give him that.

But he will never do that from start, thats not him, will never be and I am kinda gratefull he dont, because I can only see us playing so much worse if he did, apperently he thinks so to

Thats very easy to say when we’ve already won the game. I think we would win more games especially at home if we set up like that from the start instead of trying our best to give the opposition an advantage.