oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds 1-1 (Wing)

They were passing it round nicely to be fair, and carved up some chances. Bamford missed three sitters thankfully.

I was impressed with our passing today with Mikel anchoring, and Howson, Sav and Wing all lively.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read all the other posts since full time but I'd guess some people will think the same as me.

I blame Pulis again for not winning that game. We abandoned all effort to attack and play football after we scored. It was ridiculous trying to defend with 10 men behind the ball for 43minutes.

The subs were negative and each one made us more negative. Besic for Wing was wrong because we lost the link between Hugill and the midfield and Clayton coming on was pointless. We were crying out for players like VLP and Downing because we had no one to put a foot on the ball.

We didn't deserve to win after we were so negative in the second half and I don't think a team like us deserve to go up. We are the epitome of anti football.

Actually I don't think anyone will agree with you!

Not Pulis fault at all.

Bielsa went for it and they had 7 attacking players in the last 30mins as there left back is prodimentaly a left midfielder.

Pulis had no other option but to try and nullify there attacking threat. We had no reason to go for it when we were already winning.

What I will say is we shouldn't of retreated to the edge of our box and push our back line further forward (Pulis was Barking this order out from the 65th)

There's surely a middle ground between wanting us 'to go for it' at 1-0 and not wanting us to have 10 men behind the ball for 43 minutes.

I would have preferred something in the middle , we needed a link between the men behind the ball and our striker. We could have brought VLP on instead of Besic today and still had 9 men behind the ball isn't that enough?

Maybe not many people will agree with me then but half the people on here don't go to the game anyway. I spoke to loads of people at the ground and in the pub today who thought Pulis was overly negative again in the second half.

I haven't read all the other posts since full time but I'd guess some people will think the same as me.

I blame Pulis again for not winning that game. We abandoned all effort to attack and play football after we scored. It was ridiculous trying to defend with 10 men behind the ball for 43minutes.

The subs were negative and each one made us more negative. Besic for Wing was wrong because we lost the link between Hugill and the midfield and Clayton coming on was pointless. We were crying out for players like VLP and Downing because we had no one to put a foot on the ball.

We didn't deserve to win after we were so negative in the second half and I don't think a team like us deserve to go up. We are the epitome of anti football.

Not Pulis fault at all.

Bielsa went for it and they had 7 attacking players in the last 30mins as there left back is prodimentaly a left midfielder.

Pulis had no other option but to try and nullify there attacking threat. We had no reason to go for it when we were already winning.

What I will say is we shouldn't of retreated to the edge of our box and push our back line further forward (Pulis was Barking this order out from the 65th)

There's surely a middle ground between wanting us 'to go for it' at 1-0 and not wanting us to have 10 men behind the ball for 43 minutes.

I would have preferred something in the middle , we needed a link between the men behind the ball and our striker. We could have brought VLP on instead of Besic today and still had 9 men behind the ball isn't that enough?

Maybe not many people will agree with me then but half the people on here don't go to the game anyway. I spoke to loads of people at the ground and in the pub today who thought Pulis was overly negative again in the second half.

I watched the game and I completely agree with you.

Anyone know how Wing is? We really missed him after he went off. In hindsight I wonder if Tav would have been a better sub?

Shame we let them in at the end but felt inevitable after the break in play.

Also a real shame to see how Clayton and Besic just look so ordinary compared to Mikel, Wing, Saville.

I just thought once Lewis Wing had to go off the negative substitutions just played into Leeds hands we were sitting back and inviting pressure against a Leeds side that has all season been notorious for scoring injury time goals. Why VLP wasn't introduced to give us an outlet I have no idea, negative Puilis tactics have cost us a win.

I'm in the north stand and I'm still trying to fathom how a 6ft 5 unmarked centre half misses a straight forward header with the goal at his mercy shocking miss by a very disappointing signing.

A great opportunity missed to close the gap on Sheff U & Leeds and results today have gone against us.

Not Pulis fault at all.

I totally agree with you when I left the ground it felt like a loss, they had corner after corner and we just sat back, and by doing this we just put undue pressure on our defence which had played well, till eventually it was breached, poor decision by Pulis  to have that many defensive midfielders on, he made the choice with these subs we paid the price.

That late equalizer is really starting to just with other results going very much against us. Just a point off 7th and likely 9 points off top as Norwich will probably beat Ipswich.

I could only listen to the match on the radio so my impressions might be totally wrong. It just seemed to me that once we scored we invited pressure and the injury time goal was simply gutting... but sadly no surprise. The radio commentators could see it coming and were calling for the defence to switch on.

Can someone please remind MFC that firstly, the opposition usually don't stop trying just because we score a goal and secondly, it isn't over until the ref blows that final whistle.

Still, what do I know... and at least we didn't lose.

Anyone know how Wing is? We really missed him after he went off. In hindsight I wonder if Tav would have been a better sub?

Also a real shame to see how Clayton and Besic just look so ordinary compared to Mikel, Wing, Saville.

He played at Newport *on that pitch* with a groin injury and today it looks like it finally went.. doubt he can play on Wednesday, a damn shame.. He's fantastic.

He played at Newport *on that pitch* with a groin injury and today it looks like it finally went.. doubt he can play on Wednesday, a damn shame.. He's fantastic.

Don't worry, a month off will be good for his development :P

Are people really blaming the added time for dropping two points? It was all Pulis. That said I have no idea how the ref found 12 minutes. The game was stopped for 6 minutes I think. Surely there wasn’t going to be 5-6 minutes of normal stoppage time. Anyhow it was all our own doing.

behave yourself FFS....

Are people really blaming the added time for dropping two points? It was all Pulis. That said I have no idea how the ref found 12 minutes. The game was stopped for 6 minutes I think. Surely there wasn’t going to be 5-6 minutes of normal stoppage time. Anyhow it was all our own doing.

behave yourself FFS....

I don’t really know what else he expected would happen when he had 10 men behind the ball with no outlet, im only surprised that we didn’t loose.

I don’t get it, this league is full of very average sides, there is no side in this league that is good enough to mean you have to have 10 men behind the ball, we’re not defending a 1-0 lead away at Man City.

Unfortunately we had to win today but negativity has cost us yet again. Leeds really are nothing special, they are in pretty poor form and have injuries, it’s really not a good point. From talking about the top two were actually one point from falling out of the top six.

Can not wait for this awful season to be over

behave yourself FFS....

I don’t really know what else he expected would happen when he had 10 men behind the ball with no outlet, im only surprised that we didn’t loose.

I don’t get it, this league is full of very average sides, there is no side in this league that is good enough to mean you have to have 10 men behind the ball, we’re not defending a 1-0 lead away at Man City.

Unfortunately we had to win today but negativity has cost us yet again. Leeds really are nothing special, they are in pretty poor form and have injuries, it’s really not a good point. From talking about the top two were actually one point from falling out of the top six.

Can not wait for this awful season to be over

Cheer up. It won't be that awful after we beat The Blades.