oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds 1-1 (Wing)

I hate to be a cynic but something about this doesn’t seem right to me. After the spying I can’t trust a word they say.

What incentive would there be for a player to fake an injury on the bench lol

well they got 6+ minutes to talk things trough and we we where allready dead, dont think those 6 minutes of rest did us any good, probably made it worse. many of our players where running on pure adranalin in the end, the 6 minute break made them feel their tireness more and they got cold.....

well played Bielsa :-P

Equally you could argue it gave us chance to regroup and get some instructions, disrupted their momentum (which it did). Think this is a bit daft

well its always worse for the tired team to stand down and start to think, you get cold and the adranalin goes down and you feel the tireness even more

Stop going on and on. We didn't take our chances, so there's always a risk in a one goal game.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff's just said a Leeds Jack Clarke was taken unwell, and he's in hospital

@PhilHayYEP 

Bielsa on Clarke: "What we know is that he didn't feel well. We don't know the reasons yet. But when he was taken to the dressing room he was better. He was taken to hospital to see if he is alright."

Man Flu ?

Not buying into these conspiracy theories, but maybe I'm just naive.

Last minute wounder aside, I actually really enjoyed today. Thought it was the best we've played in weeks, including last week's win at West Brom.

The midfield really impressed me today. Saville and Wing looked to get shots on target whenever they could and looked dangerous. Howson was a machine, won the ball back, beat his man, probably the best I've seen him play in a while.

Mikel is genuinely a class above, really enjoyed watching him play, he's so much better than anyone else on the pitch. The only person who might not have enjoyed it is Adam Clayton, as I'm sure he knows his playing career at Boro is probably coming to a close.

Leeds looked dangerous throughout, and although they weren't at their best, you can tell they're a really good footballing team. A sickener to concede so late, but probably a fair result.

All in all a much more pleasurable trip to the Riverside then recent visits, if we can keep up that level of intensity at home, it might just give us a chance.

After leading for almost a half, it feels like a loss. But a point against Leeds is a good point in the grand scheme of things. Agree with others in regards to the substitutions, maybe some pace and width (La Parra) could have have helped us out in the final 20 of the game.

I am not realy that serious in my theories, but Leeds are Leeds..... an other team and the discussion wouldent even be... says something about the reputation they have ;)

You sound very bitter about this, they were battering us, they had no reason to want the game to be stopped. We let them attack us and if it wasn’t for our keeper we would have been well beaten. Lucky to get a point with the chances they had in the second half

well they where lucky to get a point aswell.

ofc I am bitter, I hate Leeds.....

I think we where the better team untill Wing had to come off. we actually started the second half good and we should had been atleast 1 up after the first

They had 4 shots on goal so Randolph saved 3 shots, their keeper saved 2....

think you are blinded about the last 30 minutes of the game if you think they where so much better than us.

I am not realy that serious in my theories, but Leeds are Leeds..... an other team and the discussion wouldent even be... says something about the reputation they have ;)

You sound very bitter about this, they were battering us, they had no reason to want the game to be stopped. We let them attack us and if it wasn’t for our keeper we would have been well beaten. Lucky to get a point with the chances they had in the second half

Don't think we were lucky to get a point at all, we had some great chances especially with Flint and Shotton.

I know you hate Pulis, but today wasn't bad at all.

Much better game than we've seen at home for a long time. Good exciting attacking football from both teams.

We looked a lot better against an attacking team than teams that just sit back and let us pass the ball back and sideways.

It was a sucker punch to concede that late goal. And I don't think it would have happened without the 10 minute stoppage, but hey ho. Still a decent point.

Wing, Mikel and Randolph were superb. How randy managed to keep Leeds out in and around the 70th minute I'll never know!

Are people really blaming the added time for dropping two points? It was all Pulis. That said I have no idea how the ref found 12 minutes. The game was stopped for 6 minutes I think. Surely there wasn’t going to be 5-6 minutes of normal stoppage time. Anyhow it was all our own doing.

Are people really blaming the added time for dropping two points? It was all Pulis. That said I have no idea how the ref found 12 minutes. The game was stopped for 6 minutes I think. Surely there wasn’t going to be 5-6 minutes of normal stoppage time. Anyhow it was all our own doing.

Not blaming, just saying it might have been a dirty move because its Leeds ;). :-P

I might also say that was not all Pulis, it was some Leeds too they are good team afterall

I thought it was 6-7 minutes for the stoppage, 3 minutes for the 6 subs, 2 minutes for Wing's treatment. Not often you see them give it to the letter of the law but the ref was never going to give us anything today. Everything he could have feasibly given to them he did, including some blatantly wrongs calls from the linos.

Probably a fair result in the end. Anyone who's watched that Leeds side this season should know that you can't submit half the pitch to them for 45 minutes and expect them to not score. You naturally get a change of dynamic when you go in front and have a lead to lose but they way we dropped so deep and made absolutely no effort to retain the ball or get into their half must have been a conscious decision, and it didn't pay off. Disappointed but not surprised.

Are people really blaming the added time for dropping two points?

No.

That said I have no idea how the ref found 12 minutes. The game was stopped for 6 minutes I think. Surely there wasn’t going to be 5-6 minutes of normal stoppage time. Anyhow it was all our own doing.

This is great! Criticise others first for ‘blaming added on time’ and then you go on to say exactly the same as others have said.

These things happen. Leeds have a habit of scoring late goals, and unfortunately they did today. They're a dangerous team, and there's been not many games where they've drawn a blank.

I'm surprised there's a lot of negativity after that result, I genuinely think we played well, and most people would have taken 4 points out of 6 against WBA and Leeds.