oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield United (a) 0-1

Honestly don't see what people saw in that first half. We were as bad as ever, the only difference was that United were on our level from the 10th I'm to the 45th. When they woke up after the break they played some decent stuff and we continued in the same rubbish vein. That was the only difference. It was a crap 90 mins

Yeah I think you’re right. I was saying at half time yesterday that I didn’t think we were too bad, but looking at the whole game back in the abstract, we were pretty garbage.

I’m struggling to try and label our better performances as ‘effective football’, or whether it’s just crap football, and the other team are worse than us on the day.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say they weren't able to break us down and we got the lucky break for the majority of our good results.

I think our current position is down to two factors-

1) luck - the stat from earlier in the season where we are complete outliers in terms of number of shots we have faced v how many we've conceded is a decent indicator of this as well as the eye test - a lot of our goals this season have been gifted. How many well worked team goals have we scored this year? It wouldn't surprise me if we could count them on one hand.

2) Darren Randolph. He has a world class save every single game, often 3 or 4. When you look at the opposition keepers that we come up against, How many world class saves have we seen? Maybe that would occupy the other hand?

I've said since sept/Oct time we've been in a false position all season based on our performances. I still believe well finish outside the play offs unless something drastic changes and that one change would be the manager.

Honestly, any "identity" that the club had has completely dissolved.

I'm not even sure what identity the club had. Have we ever had "a way"? I'm not sure.

However, I've always found something in a manager to follow. Whether that be flair or grit or sending the team out to outbattle the opposition etc. Even under strachan at the beginning he had charisma and had some kind of plan (despite the slowest midfield ever). However, this guy is completely uninspiring. The football is dour. There is no speed. No flair. No enthusiasm. No heart.

We need to move on asap and try to establish some kind of identity again.

most goals in football comes from some kind of mistake, then there is difference kind of mistakes ofc

But our whole idea is to be tight at back and try and nick a goal or two from a mistake, thats always been Pulis style. Worked well for him in the PL with clubs that was happy with just staying up

I dont remember how he played with Stoke when they got promoted, but that was a long time ago anyway