oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield United (a) 0-1

Very annoying with that late Bristol winner yesterday. The league table doesn't look very good now. We have to go for the win. We can't play for the draw and risk a sucker punch. Lose today and automatics looks almost impossible.

of course we'll play for the draw, Tony Pulis is still our manager.

I know. I'm just trying to convince myself that it will be different tonight because we really need the three points.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Very annoying with that late Bristol winner yesterday. The league table doesn't look very good now. We have to go for the win. We can't play for the draw and risk a sucker punch. Lose today and automatics looks almost impossible.

I know. I'm just trying to convince myself that it will be different tonight because we really need the three points.

might as well convince yourself you're getting a unicorn for your birthday, while you're at it. equally as likely lol.

might as well convince yourself you're getting a unicorn for your birthday, while you're at it. equally as likely lol.

Oh man, my son would just love that. If Boro bought him a unicorn we'd have another lifelong fan on our hands. As it is I'm shielding my kids from Pulis football  :sleepy:

I'm expecting the same team as on the weekend but with Besic in for Wing if he can't play tonight.  I fancy us more away from home these days so I see no reason why we can't get something and at the end of the day it's only Sheff Utd that we're up against.  They are a good, solid Championship side but no more than that although sadly neither are we.

If it goes the wrong way tonight then with Derby playing Ipswich we could end up out of the top six and automatic promotion just a receding dream. Prepare for meltdown on here if that happens that way.

If it goes the wrong way tonight then with Derby playing Ipswich we could end up out of the top six and automatic promotion just a receding dream. Prepare for meltdown on here if that happens that way.

Think it’ll depend on how we approach the game. If we play like the first 50 odd minutes against Leeds then I think people we’ll be more forgiving as we actually made an effort. But if come to dig ourselves down for the entire match trying to grind out a 0-0 and still get beat there will be meltdown and rightly so.

If it goes the wrong way tonight then with Derby playing Ipswich we could end up out of the top six and automatic promotion just a receding dream. Prepare for meltdown on  here if that happens that way.

Think it’ll depend on how we approach the game. If we play like the first 50 odd minutes against Leeds then I think people we’ll be more forgiving as we actually made an effort. But if come to dig ourselves down for the entire match trying to grind out a 0-0 and still get beat there will be meltdown and rightly so.

To me this is a pivotal game and certainly in the "must not lose" category and tbh bordering on a "must win" situation.

If we draw or lose then I certainly expect us to be out of the top 6 and being there for so long, well it will hurt to see us dropping away, the scary part will be that we will be in the mix of teams very close point wise who are still hoping to rise up the table whilst we are starting to slide down.

Melt down? not too sure all depends on how we play but strangely pleased we are away from home. Must stop Sharpe from scoring :(

Besic in for Wing is a pretty big blow in my opinion.

Wing adds a bit of cutting edge that nobody else seems to have right now.

Besic just dribbles around aimlessly and makes stupid fouls... adds nothing. Better off playing Tav Britt or VLP but it won't happen.

For me this is a must win. There’s a good few teams coming into a good run of form most notably Bristol City. If we don’t get our own for sorted we could be well out of the running in a couple of weeks.

My bets are both teams to score and a goal in the first half but it’s going to be tight hopefully we can do it