• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else feel like they don't really give a *** anymore, or is it just me?

This season is like watching a really boring film where you already know what the ending is gonna be.

Does anyone else feel like they don't really give a *** anymore, or is it just me?

This season is like watching a really boring film where you already know what the ending is gonna be.

I think what I'm feeling is more ambivalence 

Of course I want us to win, but I'm just not enthused at the moment..

Nice opening post SmogDane.  If there was any justice in this world I'd be clicking that like button to show my appreciation of it but there isn't so I'm not.

I still care Duvel, I'm just not happy with certain things at the moment.  If the football was better then I'd be happier, it's a fairly simple equation for me right now in some respects.

I was having a look in the Gazette and apparently we're only a couple of players away from having a very good side, specifically players who can beat a man in the final third. Pulis has been saying this since he arrived so he says.  This leads to a few questions and observations from me:

Are we to assume that Van La Parra isn't one of those players in the opinion of Pulis and that's why he won't pick him?  If so why did we sign him?  Similarly, are we to assume that last season Jack Harrison wasn't one of those players either as far as Pulis is concerned?  I can't pretend to be an expert on either player but I'm pretty sure that they are the type of players whose game is based around beating opposition players in the final third as opposed to say working hard, being physical and defending, which seem to be the actual traits Pulis tends to value most highly.  Another obvious question is why we haven't signed more players who have these particular characteristics, spending millions on pretty much the exact opposite type of player instead.  It's certainly a mystery to me.

I've reached this really weird equilibrium where if we lose games, I feel more confident that Pulis wont be here next year and i can start to be excited for what the future might hold and if we win games then this faint hope of promotion could happen. I'm bulletproof at this point

I've reached this really weird equilibrium where if we lose games, I feel more confident that Pulis wont be here next year and i can start to be excited for what the future might hold and if we win games then this faint hope of promotion could happen. I'm bulletproof at this point

Even Pulis getting sacked doesn't fill me with hope, Gibson's recent record suggests he'll appoint someone worse than Pulis anyway.

Even Pulis getting sacked doesn't fill me with hope, Gibson's recent record suggests he'll appoint someone worse than Pulis anyway.

ever thought about keeping your negativity to yourself? how many times can people make the same tired arguments?

ever thought about keeping your negativity to yourself? how many times can people make the same tired arguments?

Maybe you should stop reading the forum if you don't like my comments.

People have every right to express their opinion, its your choice about how and if you react to it.

Probably as many times as people can make the same tired arguments about not sacking him?

I’m more back to how it was as a kid. I just enjoy going to the match and shouting and screaming and getting all my frustration out on the ref and the players.

Going up, winning or losing it’s just part of the journey. Getting behind the team and being part of the Boro is what it’s all about.

But being a non Middlesbrough native - my dad is from Thorntree but we moved away and around the country - I see the Boro as my link to where I’m from. And so I’m really not overly bothered about goiing up. As long as the players try their best that’s fine with me.

I’m more back to how it was as a kid. I just enjoy going to the match and shouting and screaming and getting all my frustration out on the ref and the players.

Going up, winning or losing it’s just part of the journey. Getting behind the team and being part of the Boro is what it’s all about.

But being a non Middlesbrough native - my dad is from Thorntree but we moved away and around the country - I see the Boro as my link to where I’m from. And so I’m really not overly bothered about goiing up. As long as the players try their best that’s fine with me.

I don't care massively about going up, I can handle defeat pretty well too if we've given it our best shot.

The problem is when you watch us at the moment there's very little joy to be found in the way we play. Our whole set up is about risk management, there's no flair on the pitch, no pace in the team or freedom for the players to express themselves.

Sheffield United weren't great the other night but Wilder was brave in the second half, I want us to be brave sometimes and commit a few men forward if we get done on a counter attack so what.

I don't mind defensive football, I can appreciate that when it's done with balance between defence and attack. Look at the West Brom home game we were absolutely superb defensively but we also committed players into forward positions.

People can call me negative all they want but even the neutral commentators have called us out for being awful to watch on tv in the Newport/ Sheff Utd games.

The home games this season have been absolutely dire apart from the odd game, some of us on here pay a lot of money for season tickets so I'm gonna say what I think whether people like it or not. This is the most negative football I've seen in my life as a Boro fan.