oneBoro Forum

Boro v Blackburn (A) 1-0 (Assombalonga)

For years I’ve been desperate to get to Boro games but have been unable to due to being born and raised in Ireland. It’s sad that I’ll be in Preston tomorrow, with no plans but don’t feel like going to the game as I really don’t think it is worth £25/30 of my hard earned cash to watch the *** served up by Pulis every week. I feel like the longer Pulis is in charge, the more my interest wanes. Which is really sad, as over the years my mates and family would have always called me obsessive for my support of Boro. I feel as though Pulis is destroying my love for the club.

I know how you feel, I've had a season ticket for years and used to go to loads of away games. I must have been to Ewood park a dozen times at least yet I'm not even sure if I'll bother watching it on tv today.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Our season won’t be judged on today’s game or the measly 13 games won, but the fact we drew 12 games and only 35 goals. We can’t score goals and if you can’t score goals you don’t win game. One has to go as far down the table to Stoke in 17 th to find anyone who has equally or lower returns. In contrast Norwich has scored 30 more and this is why I can’t understand why Pulis states we can still make automatic promotion. Does he know the average points needed to have a shot at the title is 92 points so basicaly we need 41 more points in the remaining 1/3 of the season. So by the words of Pulis I am overly excited knowing we will be entertained, enthralled, blown away with the quality of football we are about to be served. Why did I ever doubt him..

Just about to set off. Should be a good day out. A proper game of football. Here’s hoping the lads turn up.

Enjoy, Edin ;)

I have a good feeling bout this one! 

UTB! 

To the ones talking about dying love for the club... My love for the club will never die! I don't enjoy watching these games as much as when others have been in charge, but I still enjoy it in some way and I will always follow the Boro no matter what. It's like a marriage.. You don't give up, just because there is a tough month or year!

Just about to set off. Should be a good day out. A proper game of football. Here’s hoping the lads turn up.

You know it’s not healthy to be this drunk at this time in the morning :)

Go warm up for that LB spot.. You have a game to play in about 3 hours time! :P

Finding it hard to find the motivation for this game. I think I'll still have it on in the background, but might catch up on a bit of work whilst its on to distract me from inevitable boredom.

Would love to see something a bit different, and a good performance. Surprise me, Tony!

Prepare to see Besic in the starting line up. Pulis has just talked about why Besic don't play... That's normally an indicator of that player starting next game. He did the same with Fletcher and Wing earlier this season :P

A win today will give a little hope again..

Next round Norwich play Bristol City and Sheffield United play WBA ..

We have done well against other top 9 teams, i think .. and everybody has to play each other one more time in the top 9 almost.. We only have Bristol City, Norwich and Nottingham left.

Leeds: Birmingham, WBA, Sheff U and Bristol C

Norwich: us and Bristol C

Bristol C: Norwich, us, Leeds, Birmingham, WBA, Sheff U and Derby

Derby: Nottingham, Birmingham, Bristol City and WBA

WBA: Sheff U, Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol City and Derby

Sheffield U: WBA, Leeds, Bristol C, Birmingham and Nottingham

Birmingham: Bristol C, WBA, Leeds, Sheff U and Derby

Nottingham: Sheff U, Derby and US

So only Norwich have fewer top 9 teams to play than us and only Nottingham has equal (3) top 9 teams to play.

Then count in that Hull and Preston are in form teams, so everybody in the top 9 will lose points .. drastically .. And I wont be surprised to see the top 2 on less than 90 points, when May comes..

Finding it hard to find the motivation for this game. I think I'll still have it on in the background, but might catch up on a bit of work whilst its on to distract me from inevitable boredom.

Would love to see something a bit different, and a good performance. Surprise me, Tony!

You take clients in your living room or do you have a tv in your clinic? :D

Our season won’t be judged on today’s game or the measly 13 games won, but the fact we drew 12 games and only 35 goals. We can’t score goals and if you can’t score goals you don’t win game. One has to go as far down the table to Stoke in 17 th to find anyone who has equally or lower returns. In contrast Norwich has scored 30 more and this is why I can’t understand why Pulis states we can still make automatic promotion. Does he know the average points needed to have a shot at the title is 92 points so basicaly we need 41 more points in the remaining 1/3 of the season. So by the words of Pulis I am overly excited knowing we will be entertained, enthralled, blown away with the quality of football we are about to be served. Why did I ever doubt him..

You will not need 92 points this season. Most likely it will be lower than the 89 we got in 2016. But yeah automatic is not in our reach anyway

2012 you needed 78 points to secure automatic. I think we are looking at that low points this season. But as I said we will not reach that either

Sadly that is sober me. Drinking would have meant still in bed.

Great thing we are now about to tuck into sausage butties on the A59.

You will not need 92 points this season. Most likely it will be lower than the 89 we got in 2016. But yeah automatic is not in our reach anyway

2012 you needed 78 points to secure automatic. I think we are looking at that low points this season. But as I said we will not reach that either

I’ll take your word for it but I just feel we will win today so it will be less three points required.

Sadly that is sober me. Drinking would have meant still in bed.

Great thing we are now about to tuck into sausage butties on the A59.

Best of luck.. safe journey.