oneBoro Forum

Boro v Blackburn (A) 1-0 (Assombalonga)

Thought we were good first half but second half got needlessly tense as we gave them far too much respect and time on the ball to carve open two very good chances that they should have scored from. And then we also missed a few decent chances. We deserved the three points no doubt but again made it too hard with a below par second half. I liked the look of Fletcher and Britt up top. Certainly miles better than having the slow Hugill lay on the floor up front. I’m starting to like Saville more and more. Very influential and gets into some good positions. A much more clever footballer than Besic. Hope we keep the two up front for the home game against qpr.

I could post my thoughts on the game but I would just be repeating everything you’ve said here. Utb

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are brilliant honestly!

I have nothing to gain by telling you information that I receive directly from our 2nd choice goalkeeper who I play football with fortnightly.

I'm a Boro fan as much as you guys and voice my opinions based on what I see and hear (like everyone else does!)

Anybody who supports Pulis on here seems to get down.

I am fortunate enough with the information I receive that I see the bigger picture of what's happening behind the scenes.

Traore was nailed on and the deal was done but Wolves pulled the plug when they didn't sign Shoya Nakijama and the Iranian player on deadline day.

Britt story is completely true - scores a double against West Brom, doesn't start next game. I would love Britt to start every week as I believe with right service he will score goals.

Tavernier story is also true - ask yourself why he won't play him? It's not because of lack experience  as he is playing Wing and Fry. I also would love to see him playing as I think our team is crying out for pace and directness which he could offer.

I also played football occasionally with Chapman and was informed in the summer that he was always going to Blackburn - I posted this but it got ingored.

I honestly do not care weather you believe the information that I post, and to be quite honest with you I am sick of the negative reaction from the majority of members whenever a forum member posts something controversial.

The majority of your posts quite frankly make you all look silly at times and show  lack of knowledge and football experience.

Anyway I am going to stop posting moving forwards and continue to post on social media where the majority of fans are down to earth.

Feel free to criticise this post like you usually do.

Fair enough I will.

He didn't play Wing for about 3 months either. 

Our second choice goalkeeper has no idea why Pulis does or doesn't do things unless Pulis is confiding in him and I seriously doubt that.

That's not the first time you've mentioned a lack of knowledge and football experience - what's your football experience and knowledge then?  I've played with and against former and current pro's, I didn't realise this was a prerequisite for understanding football or I'd have mentioned it myself.  You're being told bits and bobs of information second hand and in your mind this means you know stuff?

As others have said, I'm sure Dimi will be delighted that you've dropped him in it in effort to look good.  Well done.

These posts that are cropping up with people slating the forum are becoming tiresome. Phrases like "It's not as good as it used to be" and "the current posters aren't as good as the old bunch" do nothing to help the debate on here, and probably put a lot of people who browse this website off from posting.

Yes there are some miserable *** on here that love slagging Pulis off, but it's their opinion. Usually that's what these forums are for, to air opinions and engage in debate.

Also completely ridiculous when people completely dismiss another's opinion because they didn't go to the game. If only posters who went to every game could post an opinion, there wouldn't much traffic at all on the posts, and we'd lose the input of people not from the area from the likes of Ireland and Scandinavia. I love the fact that people that can't get to the games, can still feel part of the Boro community via mediums like this, so get off your high horse and get a grip.

I agree 99% with what you say, but I would like to put in a word for the “it’s not as good as it used to be” crowd. 

As you rightly say, everyone is entitled to their opinion whether they have watched the match or not. And if someone takes the time to post a comment, it should be taken seriously, shouldn’t it? So why do so many replies start with “Rubbish”, “You’re talking ****!”, or “You obviously don’t know anything about football”?

Opinions on what happens in a match will always differ. You only have to look at penalty calls, or offside calls, to see how opinions can differ on the slightest point. Today we had a classic example – a shot straight at Blackburn’s goalkeeper or a great bit of goalkeeping? Jury still out.

Anyone who posts on Oneboro, a) loves Boro and b) loves football. And they probably know as much, if not more, about football than the people who are insulting them.

What I see all too often nowadays are vitriolic personal spats that might be fun for the people concerned but are just plain boring and/or uncomfortable for the rest of us. And they often go wildly off-topic too. For very long periods.

So, in a word, RESPECT, please.

I love you all.

UTB

This forum has been full of disillusion moaners who don't understand for a long while now! Majority of them are keyboard warriors who don't attend games and don't understand the game of football.

Ever since VectorBoro left the forum it's gone downhill.

Admins don't intervene when keyboard bullying occurs and people with inside information get knocked time and time again.

Pulis has and is doing wonders at this club especially behind the scenes, where trust me there is a lot of issues from the top going on.

Football may be boring yes but the man gets results and as a fan I would take that any day over getting beat and playing attacking football.

Some signings have been dubious under Pulis like any other manager.

Firstly I'd love for you to explain "the wonders" he is working behind the scenes.

Also, why do you need to be a football expert and need to understand all the workings of the club to enjoy a football match?

If you go for a meal and the food is bland, the service terrible and its over priced what do you do? Or go on a trip away and the room is filthy, the staff unhelpful and rude do you go back? Or take your family to the cinema and the film is the dreariest 2 hours of your lives how do you react? A time ago you'd probably tell family and friends and anyone thinking of going themselves about your experience there, now you have "trip advisor" "just eat" and the like, where your criticism or praise is encouraged.

"keyboard warrior" the most over used phrase on the Internet, typed by wanna be "hard men" implying to anonymous people "you wouldn't dare say that to my face" yet typed by equally anonymously by people on their keyboard in the safety of their abode.

This is a forum, it would seem that although you have every right to your opinion, you do not wish to afford this luxury on other people, yet clearly you stand virtually alone on this particular forum and at this moment in time a lot of people do not share your opinion, this doesn't make them anything other than people who are equally allowed to give their opinion, whether you like it or not.

I have to say I "left the forum" - if that's how you want to phrase it, but not in a hissy fit, or a sulk - stamping my little feet because no one agreed with or liked my posts, but I did get a bit bored, that's purely my own choice and opinion - this forum isn't here to bow to my whims, praise me and make me feel good or even entertain me, coming here is entirely my own choice.

Here's the thing though, going to Watch Middlesbrough fc is also my choice, it's far more time consuming and means I have to take my most productive, money making work day off, which usually means I need to take my Sunday off too which is my second most productive work day and then I pay to watch my hometown club.

Over the years there's been many ups and downs, various forms of football, some great, some dour and when it's been great I've shouted from the roof tops and when it's been dour I've moaned into my pint - but I and many others are allowed that privilege, we we're the ones getting up on the morning with a buzz, making our way to meet friends, family ready to go and support "our boys", regardless of who we were playing. We would laugh and joke, predict 8-0 wins, name our hat trick hero's and be excited. I've done this before playing Man U in the FA Cup and Darlington in the old division 3.

My memory isn't as great as it used to be and yes I've witnessed some bad times but this current manager is producing consistently the most heniius version of football I've ever witnessed and if I don't like it it's my god given right to express that, I don't give a monkey what's going on with the accounts or the medical team - the only reason it's a topic is its because Pulis kerps beating the same bloody drum about it all.

I cannot disagree with you more about what type of football you want to see, I don't necessarily want to see "attacking football" but I'd like to see football, I'd like to see some sort of attempt to play the game in a way that makes me want to sing and cheer, to get excited again. I want to take a day off without weighing up any pros and cons and just enjoy supporting my team, I just want to see a bit of nous, some guile - some craft, an improvement in our players confidence, attitudes and skills through good coaching. I'm not too bothered about promotion, yes I love to be in contention if its tied in with hope , with some positivity about our team and a possibility of staying up and competing. I want to cheer my boys off, win loose or draw knowing they did their best, they gave their all - they tried to win the game for the fans.

Karanka, with all his faults was the last who gave us that, the team spirit we had for two seasons was infectious, you could feel it in the stadium - it rubbed off onto the fans and with it not been so long ago makes this current corpse of a team harder to warm to, harder to bond with and harder to get behind.

So because of this a lot of us blame Pulis, we don't care about excuses, the lies and bullcrap we are constantly fed just makes us more disconnected from the club. For a lot of people one of the few connections left is here, I'm sure a lot of people believe the rumors that the club reads the content of this forum and I'm sure they are desperate to be heard, desperate for a change, this is because they love our club and don't want to feel this way about the Boro and here is an open forum where they are aloud to openly express those opinions and maybe hope to be heard.

I want Pulis gone and so do May others, its too late now for him to win those fans back, he can't change anything we see on the pitch and unfortunately for him and the club, whether we are clueless about football or not, we go to see something he just can't deliver and if they want us to continue to turn up, pay subscriptions etc. Then Pulis has to go, simple.

I have nothing to gain by telling you information that I receive directly from our 2nd choice goalkeeper who I play football with fortnightly.

I'm a Boro fan as much as you guys and voice my opinions based on what I see and hear (like everyone else does!)

I am fortunate enough with the information I receive that I see the bigger picture of what's happening behind the scenes.

Traore was nailed on and the deal was done but Wolves pulled the plug when they didn't sign Shoya Nakijama and the Iranian player on deadline day.

Britt story is completely true - scores a double against West Brom, doesn't start next game. I would love Britt to start every week as I believe with right service he will score goals.

Tavernier story is also true - ask yourself why he won't play him? It's not because of lack experience as he is playing Wing and Fry. I also would love to see him playing as I think our team is crying out for pace and directness which he could offer.

I also played football occasionally with Chapman and was informed in the summer that he was always going to Blackburn - I posted this but it got ingored.

I honestly do not care weather you believe the information that I post, and to be quite honest with you I am sick of the negative reaction from the majority of members whenever a forum member posts something controversial.

The majority of your posts quite frankly make you all look silly at times and show lack of knowledge and football experience.

Anyway I am going to stop posting moving forwards and continue to post on social media where the majority of fans are down to earth.

Should you be revealing that your source is Dimi? That’s a genuine question, btw.

It was common knowledge for ages that Dimi was Thepinkponce's source, I'm not sure the club really cares about it.

Dimi is pretty much semi-retired, he's only second choice keeper in name.

Few questions; why would Dimi be playing 5 a side footy with random people when he’s still a professional footballer?

Why would Pulis confide in him about anything?

Why would he have a detailed knowledge about transfers? Don’t think the playing squad are massively involved in recruitment.

Finally, if all of the above actually is true, why would he be blasting information about the club out to random blokes that he plays footy with, when he knows that it’ll be obvious to the club that he’s been the leak?

Tony Mowbray use to watch us play football down on the playing fields in Redcar late 80' not once would he ever mention anything about the team- He would walk with my mum to pick his brother up from school and as mum would get my sister. Again he never spoke about the club.

Dave Wheater told me directly he was signing for sunderland before signing for bolton.

I find it hard to believe any professional play would openly discuss internal problems, deals or anything else, accept in error or drink-they all know how the rumour mills start and in my experience either don't spill the beans or make up lies to feed the rumour mill

Tavernier story is also true - ask yourself why he won't play him? It's not because of lack experience  as he is playing Wing and Fry. I also would love to see him playing as I think our team is crying out for pace and directness which he could offer.

The majority of your posts quite frankly make you all look silly at times and show  lack of knowledge and football experience.

Should you be revealing that your source is Dimi? That’s a genuine question, btw.

It was common knowledge for ages that Dimi was Thepinkponce's source, I'm not sure the club really cares about it.

Dimi is pretty much semi-retired, he's only second choice keeper in name.

I don't think he was, I'm pretty sure it came out that PinkPonce's source was Victoria Gibson's boyfriend/Fiancee. 

Dimi was Mr Middlesbrough's source, and Mr Middlesbrough got things wrong almost on a weekly basis. Even more reason to not believe a word diggerlad says.

Tony Mowbray use to watch us play football down on the playing fields in Redcar late 80' not once would he ever mention anything about the team- He would walk with my mum to pick his brother up from school and as mum would get my sister. Again he never spoke about the club.

Dave Wheater told me directly he was signing for sunderland before signing for bolton.

I find it hard to believe any professional play would openly discuss internal problems, deals or anything else, accept in error or drink-they all know how the rumour mills start and in my experience either don't spill the beans or make up lies to feed the rumour mill

I played alongside Wheater as a kid. That's the most David Wheater thing he's ever done! :D

I’m more surprised that pro footballers at that level actually play amateur football regularly like that. I remember going to university with a guy that was also playing pro football here in Denmark and it was absolutely no go for him to play any sorts of amateur football. He said that no footballers would risk injuries playing with amateurs and he they would also never ever play indoor football during the winter unless it was with the club.

I have no reason to doubt that you get information but I’m not going to believe all of it and certainly not when it’s about Pulis. I think Britt isn’t playing because he is simply not the big brute that pulis loves up front. Pulis is always going to pick the lump to lead the line ie Hugill, Rondon, Crouch. If pulis really wanted the wingers he would have brought them in over the past 3 windows. As it is he has brought in 0 and lost Traore while loaning VLP and Harrison but not playing either. If they weren’t his choices then maybe his work behind the scenes isn’t all that important.

I think there's one reason that Britt doesn't start regularly under Pulis, it's because he doesn't work aaard enough.

It was even commented on yesterday by Don Goodman on sky.

I think if Britt played in a team that dominated possession and created lots of chances he'd look a lot better, in our system we'll never get the best out of him and he won't work hard enough to help the team either.

Good result anyway yesterday, thought we played pretty well in the first half and the formation worked really well although you can't overlook how poor Blackburn were either.

The second half wasn't great but the 3 points were definitely needed.

Watching Fletcher yesterday I'm surprised he hasn't had a run upfront under Pulis. He obviously has a lot of flaws to his game but he does give us an option that Hugill and Britt don't. He's certainly a lot more mobile that the other two.

You start off by saying "my opinion counts for more because i attend all games" and then use "we are all entitled to an opinion" as a defence.

Social media is down to earth? You mean people are willing to buy that you play 5 a side with Dimi every other Tuesday down the Powerleague? oh and World Cup winner Harry Chapman

I’m more surprised that pro footballers at that level actually play amateur football regularly like that. I remember going to university with a guy that was also playing pro football here in Denmark and it was absolutely no go for him to play any sorts of amateur football. He said that no footballers would risk injuries playing with amateurs and he they would also never ever play indoor football during the winter unless it was with the club.

I have no reason to doubt that you get information but I’m not going to believe all of it and certainly not when it’s about Pulis. I think Britt isn’t playing because he is simply not the big brute that pulis loves up front. Pulis is always going to pick the lump to lead the line ie Hugill, Rondon, Crouch. If pulis really wanted the wingers he would have brought them in over the past 3 windows. As it is he has brought in 0 and lost Traore while loaning VLP and Harrison but not playing either. If they weren’t his choices then maybe his work behind the scenes isn’t all that important.

I think there's one reason that Britt doesn't start regularly under Pulis, it's because he doesn't work aaard enough.

I think if Britt played in a team that dominated possession and created lots of chances he'd look a lot better, in our system we'll never get the best out of him and he won't work hard enough to help the team either.

Even if that would be right, he is still better for the team than Hugill...... Even a lazy Britt appaerently scores a lot more goals and gets into more dangerous positions than a hard working Hugill....

Its like taking a work horse to a sprint :)

I posted before the teams which showed my Tony Pulis team which would give him his excuses with Fletcher and Assombalonga up front, they were the front two I wanted see play together rather than one up top but also as they are the butt of his criticisms for missing chances so I sarcasticly named it his excuses team.

I was happy to see them line up together and thought they looked dangerous together, certainly if given a run together they could only improve.

Whilst Blackburn were unimpressive I thought we deserved the win and looked the better side in the first half.

Still wasn't inspired to go to next match though, we are certainly still in touch at the top but this Pulis cloud hangs over me.

I think I don't want to get as excited as I have before, the semi final against villa, the excitement and expectations aren't worth it, we had a better side then and he managed one shot on target in 180 mins and I can't be bothered being let down again, the cup efforts have gave us a glimpse of what he can do when trying to win a one off, nothing to lose game and I want no part in it.

So good three points away from home and one game closer to being shot of Pulis.

Unfortunately that's where I'm at, sick of the football, sick of the excuses and constant blaming of the players, ref and anyone he can rope in.

Well done the lads for the win, I wonder what you'd be like with a good coach in charge.

Even if that would be right, he is still better for the team than Hugill...... Even a lazy Britt appaerently scores a lot more goals and gets into more dangerous positions than a hard working Hugill....

Its like taking a work horse to a sprint :)

Im just trying to explain why I think Pulis is not picking Britt regularly, I'm not saying he's right for doing it!