oneBoro Forum

Boro v Blackburn (A) 1-0 (Assombalonga)

I think TP may just have made a rod for his own back to a degree, so many of us welcomed most aspects of the Blackburn game, TP himself admitted he rued the missed chances, can he really allow Boro to go back into their shell or could it be that we just might start to see football we can all get behind and enjoy?

Many will say not but going to give the benefit of doubt for the next 4 games

Are you serious ?

We have never been in a shell just not putting clear chances away

Every game we have at least a couple of chances first half to have a comfy 2nd half but we haven't  put them away that's what TP is frustrated at

If a lot of Oneboro users hate Pulis fair enough but don't fabricate stuff

This was a good 3 points and  fry much needed

We absolutely have held back at home in the last few months and played cagey negative football.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think TP may just have made a rod for his own back to a degree, so many of us welcomed most aspects of the Blackburn game, TP himself admitted he rued the missed chances, can he really allow Boro to go back into their shell or could it be that we just might start to see football we can all get behind and enjoy?

Are you serious ?

Every game we have at least a couple of chances first half to have a comfy 2nd half but we haven't  put them away that's what TP is frustrated at

You can't have read my post in the manner it was meant judging by your reply.

Yes I am serious for all the right reasons, I am not a TP hater and have complimented him from time to time.

Damned right it was a great 3 points and as far as fabricating stuff well I have never been accused of that since my time on here, always been middle of the road perhaps due to my administration duties on the forum, so please do reconsider your comments.

Tony Mowbray use to watch us play football down on the playing fields in Redcar late 80' not once would he ever mention anything about the team- He would walk with my mum to pick his brother up from school and as mum would get my sister. Again he never spoke about the club.

Dave Wheater told me directly he was signing for sunderland before signing for bolton.

I find it hard to believe any professional play would openly discuss internal problems, deals or anything else, accept in error or drink-they all know how the rumour mills start and in my experience either don't spill the beans or make up lies to feed the rumour mill

I played alongside Wheater as a kid. That's the most David Wheater thing he's ever done! :D

Did you go to Sacred Heart haha?

No - I went to Nunthorpe. Used to play alongside him in youth teams. He was about 6ft even when he was 10..

Yeah he was the year below me at school and the one above my sister. My sister was tiny and she always complained when he sat next to her at break because he made her look shorter.  :funny: :funny:

I was part of that school team for Sacred Heart. I would like to think it was playing with me, is what spurred him on to greatness. His qualities appeared to drop after we lost touch. But what a player he was if he played we won essentially.

Are you serious ?

Yes I am serious for all the right reasons, I am not a TP hater and have complimented him from time to time.

Damned right it was a great 3 points and as far as fabricating stuff well I have never been accused of that since my time on here, always been middle of the road perhaps due to my administration duties on the forum, so please do reconsider your comments.

If you are upset in some way i apologise

I do not get the "rod for his own back" comment

He missed a a moment in the game that the Pulis haters have somehow latched onto and magnified

I am just getting this "hate Pulis" brigade???

None of them will be in the line for Wembley tickets if we make play off final will they ?

Are you serious ?

He missed a a moment in the game that the Pulis haters have somehow latched onto and magnified

None of them will be in the line for Wembley tickets if we make play off final will they ?

What an odd comment to make. I'm a ST holder, go away and do cup games. I like Pulis as a bloke, can't stand him as the manager. I'll absolutely go to Wembley, won't make me like Pulis. I support Middlesbrough not one bloke.

Are you serious ?

Apology accepted , good man!

Rod for his own back self explanatory he needs to continue in the same vane and not as RR eloquently put it go back to the negative approach we have witnessed at home.

I applaud TP for Sunday.

If we make the play offs you will be surprised at how many will want tickets :)

Does anyone have the stats on goals for Britt and Hugill? Has Britt scored more goals from the bench in the league this season than Hugill full stop (excluding penalties)?

Britt has scored the same amount from the bench (combined minutes = 276, Goals = 6) as Jordan Hugill has all season (Combined minutes = 1,638, Goals = 6).

Interestingly, Britt has scored 6 goals in the time, on average, it takes Hugill to score 1.

Thanks will, and CT.

So even the stats don’t like in the Britt v Hugill argument, overwhelmingly in favour of Britt.

I know there is more to a strikers game than just scoring goals, and that they are different type of players, but my god Hugill is trash and this just backs up the farce that Pulis sticks with him.

Spends more time on the ground than in the opposition box and offers very little that I’d take over Britt (almost nothing except for the rare bit of hold up play when he stays on his feet)

I do not understand the negativity around Pulis

Apparently Boro broke the record for attempts 26 for the Championship this season

What the hell is the problem with so called fans with Pulis ?

What more do you want ?

Are you serious ?

nah we dont create clear cut chances that much.... TP might think its normal for a team to score every chance but its not, if it was that would be true for the teams we play too and they usualy create more than us ;). Leeds would have beaten us 8-1 atleast then :-P

Are you serious ?

nah we dont create clear cut chances that much.... TP might think its normal for a team to score every chance but its not, if it was that would be true for the teams we play too and they usualy create more than us ;). Leeds would have beaten us 8-1 atleast then :-P

Rubbish we have at least 2 chances every 1st half that could g8ve us a cushion

Pulis knows and see that and mentions it every post match interview

That's why he mentions the misses sometimes he knows they should be 8n the back of the net

Ayala and Flint being perfect examples our set piece threat is non existent compared to the giants we have

I am not here to cause chew but the fact is were not playing bad football ya know

Its getting us points and I am not seeing unorganized footy and i am pretty sure no one else is

If teams are better than us then fair enough but I am not seeing a lot of that and don't expect it for the run in

UP THE BORO

Are you serious ?

Rubbish we have at least 2 chances every 1st half that could g8ve us a  cushion

Pulis knows and see that and mentions it every post match interview

That's why he mentions the misses sometimes he knows they should be 8n the back of the net

Ayala and Flint being perfect examples our set piece threat is non existent compared to the giants we have

LOL and how many chances does the other teams have. I realy dont care what Pulis says in his interviews, he talks nice but do the opposite....

And also if we now are so damn good every first half (which is not true) why are we so damn bad in the second? Pulis being a bad match coach being outsmarted by every other managers?

I am not here to cause chew but the fact is were not playing bad football ya know

Its getting us points and I am not seeing unorganized footy and i am pretty sure no one else is

If teams are better than us then fair enough but I am not seeing a lot of that and don't expect it for the run in

UP THE BORO

Its very orginized football, to orginised, thats the main problem....

we are picking up points, you can do that with boring football and you can do it with more fun football, thats facts. You can also pick up less points with boring football and with more fun football thats a fact too...

I am happy you enjoy our football, you must have had footballs orgasms during the McClaren years because of the football we played then if you find our football good now.....

UP THE BORO

We absolutely play horrendeous football most of the time. Sometimes we have decent periods most likely in the first half. We were good first half against Blackburn and that won us the game. We missed quite a few chances in the second half but so did Blackburn even if they were 10 men. In too many games Pulis is being outsmarted by his opponent at half time. Most recently against Sheffield United which showed that Wilder is a better manager when it comes to changing things to get goals. Pulis sat on his hands and Wilder taught him a lesson (which I don’t think he will learn from).