oneBoro Forum

Boro v QPR 2-0 (Howson, Fletcher)

Must win on Saturday.

They all are now really.  Probably looking at 10 wins from the final 14 games to ensure automatic promotion.  Even that might not be enough if a few of the teams above us finish strongly.  Not much margin for error.

Yeah, we must show up to go up! 

If we get an automatic promo spot I will be over the moon! 

If we get a play of spot, I will be satisfied - If .. IF we show up and TRY to win .. That lack lustre Villa performance still haunts!

[/

Looking at statistics i would state anyone thinking we can pull off 10 wins is just simply deluded or taking substances. Even if there was a miracle it still would not ensure automatic promotion. Don’t forget at the end is silly season and I think we will have our hands full trying to make the playoffs and then we can hope we turn up. All because of negative, defensive football, Pulis has missed the chance with to many draws, not enough wins and a very, very poor goal count. I hope we loosen up for the remaining games and we see some attacking football because results will come with it.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how I feel about going up with Pulis to be honest. Its bad enough sitting through this crap when we scrape wins half the time, imagine sitting through it and losing the majority. 

At least if we don't go up we are almost certain to get rid of the dinosaur.

Dont you feel it would be the most unexciting promotion ever - almost hollow and numb, more worried about him staying than happy to go up?

I want everything that's good for the Boro but the thought of the football in the Premier is haunting me already, if he's negative against the championship teams just imagine what will be served up against the Premier league teams.

I want us to win but I have to be honest I really don't care, the buzz of a win is microscopic compared to the sinking gut feeling when you realise he could be a win closer to a contract extension.

I'd like to see Britt and Fletcher start up front again and I'd like to see Pulis go to prison for crimes against football

my heart hopes for the same team and set up as at Blackburn. my head says back to the 451/541 because Ayala is back.

Let Ayala polish the bench.....Keep the same Team

I would love to see the same team and intent (1st half), if George is not fit to start he may just slip Ayala at Centre of the 3 and keep the same team and set up.

But... Unless George needs an amputation, i think Pulis will patch him up and put him out there, Besic out to make way for Howson and back to the usual guff.

Looking at statistics i would state anyone thinking we can pull off 10 wins is just simply deluded or taking substances. Even if there was a miracle it still would not ensure automatic promotion. Don’t forget at the end is silly season and I think we will have our hands full trying to make the playoffs and then we can hope we turn up. All because of negative, defensive football, Pulis has missed the chance with to many draws, not enough wins and a very, very poor goal count. I hope we loosen up for the remaining  games and we see some attacking football because results will come with it.

I'm not on substances but it's certainly possible that I'm deluded, I am after all a Boro fan.  I think Boro getting 10 wins is unlikely but it's not impossible.  When I'm writing/speaking seriously about a subject I don't just throw things out there, I put some thought into it beforehand.  

I would say the following things make it possible even if it is unlikely:  

Our run in isn't actually that bad.  Other than Norwich and Bristol City we're not playing anyone in the top 6 and both of those game are at home (yes I know).  Other than those two we have Forest, Villa and Preston that are currently in the top half of the table.  So 9 of our games are against teams in the bottom half.  That doesn't make them guaranteed wins but theoretically they should be weaker opposition.  

Regardless of the season so far, our squad is still stronger than most, even if a few people insist that Pulis is working miracles as though he's managing a squad that should be in the lower reaches of the table.  Player for player we compare favourably with a number of teams and that should give us a chance of getting results.

We are always in games.  It's rare that we get blown out by anyone and I think that could be important if we're trying to establish a run of wins.

We have a decent amount of experience in the squad.  We're one of the older squads in the Championship and we were in the play offs last season, promoted three seasons ago and in the play offs the year before that as well.  We have players who have been here before with us and others who have been involved at other clubs.  It could make a difference.

What I actually said was that we'd probably be looking at 10 wins to ensure promotion but even that might not be enough if the teams above us finish strongly.  If the teams above us finish strongly then we aren't getting promoted automatically, I think everyone accepts that.  However if they don't then there's still a chance for us but there will be very little margin for error.  The most likely outcome is us finishing 5th or 6th but right now I believe 2nd place could still be in play.

Looking at statistics i would state anyone thinking we can pull off 10 wins is just simply deluded or taking substances. Even if there was a miracle it still would not ensure automatic promotion. Don’t forget at the end is silly season and I think we will have our hands full trying to make the playoffs and then we can hope we turn up. All because of negative, defensive football, Pulis has missed the chance with to many draws, not enough wins and a very, very poor goal count. I hope we loosen up for the remaining  games and we see some attacking football because results will come with it.

I'm not on substances but it's certainly possible that I'm deluded, I am after all a Boro fan.  I think Boro getting 10 wins is unlikely but it's not impossible.  When I'm writing/speaking seriously about a subject I don't just throw things out there, I put some thought into it beforehand.  

I would say the following things make it possible even if it is unlikely:  

Our run in isn't actually that bad.  Other than Norwich and Bristol City we're not playing anyone in the top 6 and both of those game are at home (yes I know).  Other than those two we have Forest, Villa and Preston that are currently in the top half of the table.  So 9 of our games are against teams in the bottom half.  That doesn't make them guaranteed wins but theoretically they should be weaker opposition.  

Regardless of the season so far, our squad is still stronger than most, even if a few people insist that Pulis is working miracles as though he's managing a squad that should be in the lower reaches of the table.  Player for player we compare favourably with a number of teams and that should give us a chance of getting results.

We are always in games.  It's rare that we get blown out by anyone and I think that could be important if we're trying to establish a run of wins.

We have a decent amount of experience in the squad.  We're one of the older squads in the Championship and we were in the play offs last season, promoted three seasons ago and in the play offs the year before that as well.  We have players who have been here before with us and others who have been involved at other clubs.  It could make a difference.

What I actually said was that we'd probably be looking at 10 wins to ensure promotion but even that might not be enough if the teams above us finish strongly.  If the teams above us finish strongly then we aren't getting promoted automatically, I think everyone accepts that.  However if they don't then there's still a chance for us but there will be very little margin for error.  The most likely outcome is us finishing 5th or 6th but right now I believe 2nd place could still be in play.

Very well put, CT! 

Since the arrival of the Rolls Royce (Mikel) I think, we have an absolutely good chance of promotion. Out of the top 8 we have (on paper) the easiest run in - Maybe bar Norwich. 

Time will tell.

One of the reasons I can't see us getting one of the automatic places is that I just don't see all 4 teams above us hitting bad spells, one or two perhaps but not all four. There's always a team comes with a run to nick a play off place I fancy that team to be Forest who are playing pretty well at the moment.

Blimey CT. Who hacked your account. You sound all optimistic and stuff. If it wasn’t for Pulis I’d agree with you. I can’t see pulis orchestrating so many wins. That would require too many goals.

Blimey CT. Who hacked your account. You sound all optimistic and stuff. If it wasn’t for Pulis I’d agree with you. I can’t see pulis orchestrating so many wins. That would require too many goals.

Pulis will be implementing the "own goal method" where we just keep pumping balls into the box and hope for ricochets.

I saw pep implement it in the Man City documentary but he gave up on it as his players weren't skilled enough to pull it off.

People get hung up on optimism and pessimism, positivity and negativity.  I'm not any more optimistic or pessimistic about our chances or more positive or negative about Pulis now than I was a week ago really.  We're where we're at, which is 5th in the Championship, seven points back from the top two with a game in hand over them.  Pulis is still a decent manager whose teams play lousy football most of the time.

...and the other top teams face each other more times, as I posted the other day.

We have 3 top 8 teams left ... Where as the other teams bar Norwich, has from 4-6 top 8 teams left.