oneBoro Forum

Boro v QPR 2-0 (Howson, Fletcher)

We should be nailed on to win this one. QPR are playing rubbish, playing an ex-boss (we seem to do well against them) and at home after a win.

So because I think we will win, typical Boro means we will lose. Not being pessimistic - just we always seem to surprise at the moment. Consistently inconsistent.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

2-0 to the Boro but not a cat in hell's of auto.

However. If the lads can build some momentum over the run in I would be more optimistic about our chances in the play offs.

As I was last season until we decided not to show up against Villa :crying:

Our next 4 games see QPR at home, Wigan away then Brentford and Preston at home.

We have the chance to really kick on and pick up some decent points and if Pulis goes with the formation/tactics used against Blackburn I'll be quietly convinced we could go on a mini run.

Looking at statistics i would state anyone thinking we can pull off 10 wins is just simply deluded or taking substances. Even if there was a miracle it still would not ensure automatic promotion. Don’t forget at the end is silly season and I think we will have our hands full trying to make the playoffs and then we can hope we turn up. All because of negative, defensive football, Pulis has missed the chance with to many draws, not enough wins and a very, very poor goal count. I hope we loosen up for the remaining  games and we see some attacking football because results will come with it.

I'm not on substances but it's certainly possible that I'm deluded, I am after all a Boro fan.  I think Boro getting 10 wins is unlikely but it's not impossible.  When I'm writing/speaking seriously about a subject I don't just throw things out there, I put some thought into it beforehand.  

I would say the following things make it possible even if it is unlikely:  

Our run in isn't actually that bad.  Other than Norwich and Bristol City we're not playing anyone in the top 6 and both of those game are at home (yes I know).  Other than those two we have Forest, Villa and Preston that are currently in the top half of the table.  So 9 of our games are against teams in the bottom half.  That doesn't make them guaranteed wins but theoretically they should be weaker opposition.  

Regardless of the season so far, our squad is still stronger than most, even if a few people insist that Pulis is working miracles as though he's managing a squad that should be in the lower reaches of the table.  Player for player we compare favourably with a number of teams and that should give us a chance of getting results.

We are always in games.  It's rare that we get blown out by anyone and I think that could be important if we're trying to establish a run of wins.

We have a decent amount of experience in the squad.  We're one of the older squads in the Championship and we were in the play offs last season, promoted three seasons ago and in the play offs the year before that as well.  We have players who have been here before with us and others who have been involved at other clubs.  It could make a difference.

What I actually said was that we'd probably be looking at 10 wins to ensure promotion but even that might not be enough if the teams above us finish strongly.  If the teams above us finish strongly then we aren't getting promoted automatically, I think everyone accepts that.  However if they don't then there's still a chance for us but there will be very little margin for error.  The most likely outcome is us finishing 5th or 6th but right now I believe 2nd place could still be in play.

A well constructed reply but let me make clear I did not challenge “looking at 10 wins” which more likely correct, I referred to the statistics that would suggest it impossible to do so.

A well constructed reply but let me make clear I did not challenge  “looking at 10 wins” which more likely correct, I referred to the statistics that would suggest it impossible to do so.

Thanks.  The statistics don't really suggest anything although I understand what you're saying.  A winning run in football will by definition come out of nowhere so I wouldn't rule it out just yet but as I said the more likely outcome is us finishing 5th/6th.  Let's beat QPR on the weekend, make it two wins in a row and take it from there  :)

Friend and shotton struggling for this according to pulis  

God knows what way well be lining up for this one!

Back 3 of McNair-Ayala-Fry and Howson and Saville to continue as wing backs. That could potentially mean 6 central midfielders and two central defenders in the starting lineup :oops: Pulis wet dream :omg:

Strangely feeling confident that we can go on a run now that we are entering the business end of the season. I really do see Leeds and Sheffield falling away , and our biggest obstacle to the Top 2 being West Brom but we might just do it..................Then again !!

Tomorrow will be a hard fought game , although QPR's confidence will be lower than a snakes belly after their recent run so I take us for a 2-0 win with Saville and Assombalonga notching. If he starts I would love to see Fletcher score as he is the epitome of a confidence player.

Friend and shotton struggling for this according to pulis  

God knows what way well be lining up for this one!

Back 3 of McNair-Ayala-Fry and Howson and Saville to continue as wing backs. That could potentially mean 6 central midfielders and two central defenders in the starting lineup :oops: Pulis wet dream :omg:

pulis did speak very highly of McNair and his performance at CB last weekend so this is absolutely possible.

On form we should be winning this QPR have lost the last 6 even though they've scored in all but one of these games. At some stage they'll eventually stop the rot hopefully not against us. QPR apart from the Preston game have only been pipped by the odd goal against the top division clubs so I'll go for hard fought 2-1 Boro win.