• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange how posts drop when we perform well?

Silence speaks volumes:s

Think everyone is in shock in how un Boro like yesterday was. Comfortable for 90 and could have had a field day.

Or everyone got sunstroke...

For me it's hard to give an honest opinion without coming across really negative, sometimes it's better to just keep quiet and let everyone enjoy the win. I dont know if that's the same for others? When we lose there's obviously a lot more to discuss.

My observation was that I think we were a lot better in the first half than we've been at home for a while and the second half was very professional.

The other side of the coin is that although we looked better that is using a very low benchmark of previous home performances. I still think we are quite negative in our approach and I don't think we look good enough to get into the top 2. As a bit of perspective I thought QPR were awful.

Other positives were that Pulis picked a more positive line-up and I thought a Shotton, Fry and Howson looked really good.

https://www.skysports.com/football/mboro-vs-qpr/report/392942

Besic best game .............so far!!

Britt, boy those misses?

the first miss I'm actually willing to give him a pass on, the keeper does really well to shut off his angles and he doesn't really have too much choice than to try through the legs. in hindsight maybe he should try and go round him, but can't blame him for that.

his second miss though should be a goal 100 out of 100 times and I'm sure he knows that.

in between those he had a perfectly good goal chalked off imo.

For me it's hard to give an honest opinion without coming across really negative, sometimes it's better to just keep quiet and let everyone enjoy the win. I dont know if that's the same for others? When we lose there's obviously a lot more to discuss.

My observation was that I think we were a lot better in the first half than we've been at home for a while and the second half was very professional.

The other side of the coin is that although we looked better that is using a very low benchmark of previous home performances. I still think we are quite negative in our approach and I don't think we look good enough to get into the top 2. As a bit of perspective I thought QPR were awful.

Other positives were that Pulis picked a more positive line-up and I thought a Shotton, Fry and Howson looked really good.

Summarises my feelings. I'm not favour of the manager or the style of football he plays but if he wins a home game 2-0 and is that comfortable then there isn't much I can say.

I am hoping now that this is the start of the Ashley Fletcher we initially hoped for. We paid/promised to pay a lot of money for him, we need to see some return on that. Also, he seems like a really nice guy and i'm glad he is taking his chance alongside Britt.

Besic and Mikel seem to be a PL pairing in the middle together too.

Saw part of the first half and was pleased with how we played. Just saw all the highlights and boy do Britt owe a goal now. Some terrible finishing from him. Good to see Tav back and creating a chance that Britt should have scored from.

If we don't go up we should have a decent team next season and room to bring some much needed creativity in with some high earners departing.

We've been decent in four out of five games now so I'm quietly optimistic... the thing is we've had these little upturns in form before and Pulis has retreated into five at the back and its all gone grim again. Fingers crossed the results speak for themselves this time and he keeps this formation when all the defenders are fit again.

Mikel for Clayton has made a huge difference, much bigger than I thought. If the likes of Besic and Fletcher are going to keep putting in performances like that too then it could be a fun final third of the season. The players look much happier and more free in this set-up.

We've been decent in four out of five games now so I'm quietly optimistic... the thing is we've had these little upturns in form before and Pulis has retreated into five at the back and its all gone grim again. Fingers crossed the results speak for themselves this time and he keeps this formation when all the defenders are fit again.

Mikel for Clayton has made a huge difference, much bigger than I thought. If the likes of Besic and Fletcher are going to keep putting in performances like that too then it could be a fun final third of the season. The players look much happier and more free in this set-up.

he will probably stick with this formation untill Norwich....

It will be huge if Besic can keep that form until the end of the season. Seems obvious that Jon Obi is a massive boost in that centre and frankly is a step up on Clayton. The rest of the midfield look so much more positive with him steadying things. If by some miracle we go up he is one you would want to keep.

Other boost could be Fletcher. Most of us have been saying that there is a good player in there and it would be good to see him cement a place

Huge run of winnable games coming up , and I include Norwich in that , which could see us challenging top 2 , and whilst I personally think we will finish 3rd or 4th there is once again a whiff of optimism in the air.,

If he keeps this formation when he has all his defensive options back, then I might start to let some optimism in. I feel like at this point I've been burned too often, so I'm in a believe it when I see it mode now.

If he keeps this formation when he has all his defensive options back, then I might start to let some optimism in. I feel like at this point I've been burned too often, so I'm in a believe it when I see it mode now.

Exactly how I feel. He needs to stay with the current balance of attacking and defensive players and not revert to his more usual defensive bias. I'm worried he will change it all again as soon as he has options to.