oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wigan (A) 0-0

Last night's results have been a massive boost for us as I still believe top 2 is achievable.

Leeds have WBA on Friday so that's more points dropped for atleast 1 of those sides, Norwich have Millwall away which is never a gimme and Sheff Utd have Sheff Wed so anything could happen there!

If we can beat Wigan we will be right back in the mix for a top 2 spot! UTFB!!!!!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Looking at the upcoming fixtures for Leeds I can see them dropping more points over the next few weeks.

It'll be interesting to see whether they can keep their nerves for the run-in after that.

I fear that Pulis will use Britts misses on saturday as an excuse to shoehorn Hugill back into the starting lineup and drop Britt to the bench. I'm hoping for an unchanged lineup even if Friend is fit again. If Pulis wants Friend at lwb I want him to drop Besic and put Saville into midfield. I know Besic had a good game on saturday but that was just the one game. Saville has been on an upward spiral for a long time now and we can't drop Mikel or Wing. But an unchanged lineup would be nice and Friend will have to win back his place and wait for others to drop in form.

We really need to win this one. Last nights results were incredible and at least one team in front of us will drop points. We have to take advantage of that.

After last nights results this has now become a must win for me if we want Top 2 , might even be time for DS to trot out his well worn saying

2-1 win for me with Saville and Assombalonga notching

After last nights results this has now become a must win for me if we want Top 2 , might even be time for DS to trot out his well worn saying

2-1 win for me with Saville and Assombalonga notching

Well worn Boro 86? Thanks pal! I have made limited use of my cry to arms

However and agreeing with previous posts this is very much a "must win" game for all of the reasons mentioned and personally I believe that as far as away games go, particularly this one where we can do ourselves an enormous favour then it does fall into the category of being THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON...……..so far!!!!

Would others agree on my assessment?

Good op Sonni!

Thanks, guys.

It would be totally typical Boro to go and lose @ Wigan now.. Everything is served and ready to be feasted, and we only have to show up to get 3 points and be back in it, cause of other results.

But these situations normally makes us fail, typical Boro style....

Prayers needed!

Last night's results were remarkable, we simply have to take advantage and close the gap. We could do with a Leeds v WBA draw? would that be the best result? That would put Leeds 8 points in front having played two games more, if we beat Wigan that's down to 5 points and in touching distance, Sheff Wed to take points of Utd would be nice.

Norwich for me won't be caught so it's down to Leeds, WBA, Sheff Utd and Boro for the other spot..

Do my fellow oneBoro friends agree?

Anything but a Leeds win and then two losses. Of course Norwich can be caught. Still 39 points to play for and they are 9 points ahead. They are conceding a decent amount of goals. Two bad results and they could be out of the autos and nervousness could creep in. We also have Norwich at home. Nothing is done and dusted yet with so many games left. If, and that's a big if, we can score enough goals then we could catch the teams ahead, but unfortunatley I don't think we will score enough to win enough games.