oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wigan (A) 0-0

I’m gonna blame this result firmly on the shoulders of Fletcher (I know Brit’s miss was unbelievable too) but he was terrible today

come on man Fletcher wasn't terrible. He did some really nice things. His miss was bad, really bad, but otherwise he made some nice runs, opened space. Was unlucky to get pulled up when through on goal just after his miss too. 

I'd take Fletcher & Britt over Hugill being anywhere near the pitch

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Let’s face it we are the 5th or 6th best team in this league and it is not going to change. The negativity that emanates from the Pulis man tactics just leaves us in a position where we will not go for the win at all costs, he is probably delighted that we got yet another clean sheet. God I feel so much better slagging Pulis off Blanco.

Played the right formation but worry that a lack of win will change that.

Hugill is dog dirt imo. Should never get near the field of play. If he wasn't a Boro lad most fans would be comparing him to dong gook lee

I think most fans do say how bad he is, haven't seen anyone say a good word about him.

I’m gonna blame this result firmly on the shoulders of Fletcher (I know Brit’s miss was unbelievable too) but he was terrible today

Think that’s a bit harsh, he did some decent stuff but missed a sitter. Still rather him and Britt up front, then Hugill by himself.

Edit: just seen Brunners post, I swear I didn’t copy it on purpose!

I'm blaming it on the fans.  Too many Boro fans there, which made it more like a home game and the lads just couldn't cope  :crying:

I would say that probably it is play offs for us now (at best). Today was a must win game for me if the automatic places was still in the reckoning and then Leeds and Norwich picked up wins. I just think 9 points (even with a game in hand) is a huge gap to make up.

However I wouldn't change the system for the rest of the season I think we will win more than not with our current system.

Hugill is dog dirt imo. Should never get near the field of play. If he wasn't a Boro lad most fans would be comparing him to dong gook lee

I think most fans do say how bad he is, haven't seen anyone say a good word about him.

I just saw the ball bounce off him nearly every time and a simple lay off to Britt he put out for a goal kick :@

Let’s face it we are the 5th or 6th best team in this league and it is not going to change. The negativity that emanates from the Pulis man tactics just leaves us in a position where we will not go for the win at all costs, he is probably delighted that we got yet another clean sheet. God I feel so much better slagging Pulis off Blanco.

You definitely seem to be more comfortable in your natural environment alright :)

Way too harsh, you sound just like bloody Pulis ha, who - for a change I lay the result firmly on. What's this his third straight start for us? When you lay that much blame on a kid who hasn't had a look in in 18 months it just shows how bad it's getting for us - stick with blaming Pulis, he's the one coaching this lot.

I just saw the ball bounce off him nearly every time and a simple lay off to Britt he put out for a goal kick :@

Aye exactly, he's an absolute donkey. Haven't seen a worse striker in a Boro shirt for quite a few years now. I don't think anyone will be sad to see him go back to West Ham!

Lets not kid ourselves this formation was forced on Pulis through injuries, as soon as Flint and Friend are back we'll revert to a back 5 with one striker up front and Fletcher back out of the squad.

If I was VLP I would be asking Pulis if there's a possibility of ending my loan deal because its been a complete waste of time for both parties.

Never fancied us for the automatics and plus the teams above us all have far superior goal differences and that's as good as a point.