• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Lets not kid ourselves this formation was forced on Pulis through injuries, as soon as Flint and Friend are back we'll revert to a back 5 with one striker up front and Fletcher back out of the squad.

If I was VLP I would be asking Pulis if there's a possibility of ending my loan deal because its been a complete waste of time for both parties.

Never fancied us for the automatics and plus the teams above us all have far superior goal differences and that's as good as a point.

True about vlp, but at least it stops anyone claiming that pulis is only this negative because he doesn't have any attacking players.

I know bashing Pulis is the fashionable thing to do but what can the man do when a strikeforce worth 22 million pounds (astonishingly) can't stick routine chances in the back of the net?

I know bashing Pulis is the fashionable thing to do but what can the man do when a strikeforce worth 22 million pounds (astonishingly) can't stick routine chances in the back of the net?

Mbappe is a 1 goal in 6 chances striker, he also plays every week, has some pretty decent players around him too and costs more than 22 mil, you sound too much like Pulis - his mantra is working.

Lets not kid ourselves this formation was forced on Pulis through injuries, as soon as Flint and Friend are back we'll revert to a back 5 with one striker up front and Fletcher back out of the squad.

If I was VLP I would be asking Pulis if there's a possibility of ending my loan deal because its been a complete waste of time for both parties.

Never fancied us for the automatics and plus the teams above us all have far superior goal differences and that's as good as a point.

True about vlp, but at least it stops anyone claiming that pulis is only this negative because he doesn't have any attacking players.

Genuinely forgot we signed La Parra... honestly, what was the point when he's just gona sub Downing on anyway

Listen to what Pulis said before the game, it’s up to him to be tactical and enthusiastically inspired to lead a team away from home with +4000 supporters. Bull s@@t he blow it again, time after time again the guy has blown-wins for draws. Is he the manager or not or does continue to take credit for positives and off load the negitives. Wigan are not even near the bottem of the Premiership which were SG expects us to be. Pulis is the biggest and absolute uninspired, inept manager I can ever @@@@ing think off.

Quite simply, he is the manager. So what do you think he gets paid for?

Don't think today was really Pulis' fault. He put the team that we all wanted out, so fair play to him for that. The only criticism afforded at him would be his substitutions of taking both strikers on for Hugill and Tav, but even then that wasn't the end of the world.

I just think it was one of those days, yes Britt and Fletcher missed good chances but it happens. To see people slating them so vehemently is slightly stupid. They're not bad players. Strikers miss big chances all the time, even the best like Kane. The difference is with us is that we create so few chances during games that the pressure on any chance that they get is miles greater than the likes of Pukki or Roofe who probably have 3-4x as many chances as our forwards. Pulis heaps more pressure on the strikers, in my opinion, by hammering home the usual mantra that 'the boys worked hard, but we just weren't clinical enough'. He says this to take the focus off his dire football, and fans eat it up and slate our strikers because its easy to do so.

Look at Assombalonga's goalscoring record in the Championship over the years (and he's still young), he's not a bad player.

Even if we stay in the playoff places, I doubt our chances of getting promoted. To succeed in the playoffs, you have to score goals.

nah it worked without goals for Hudds ;)

Yep, it did. But that was a pretty exceptional case.

Don't think today was really Pulis' fault. He put the team that we all wanted out, so fair play to him for that. The only criticism afforded at him would be his substitutions of taking both strikers on for Hugill and Tav, but even then that wasn't the end of the world.

I just think it was one of those days, yes Britt and Fletcher missed good chances but it happens. To see people slating them so vehemently is slightly stupid. They're not bad players. Strikers miss big chances all the time, even the best like Kane. The difference is with us is that we create so few chances during games that the pressure on any chance that they get is miles greater than the likes of Pukki or Roofe who probably have 3-4x as many chances as our forwards. Pulis heaps more pressure on the strikers, in my opinion, by hammering home the usual mantra that 'the boys worked hard, but we just weren't clinical enough'. He says this to take the focus off his dire football, and fans eat it up and slate our strikers because its easy to do so.

Look at Assombalonga's goalscoring record in the Championship over the years (and he's still young), he's not a bad player.

I don't think the chances were especially good ones anyway.  Assombalonga just didn't have time to react properly to what was a mi*** shot.  It doesn't matter how close to the goal you are, if you're unable to react then it's going to be difficult to score.  The chance that Fletcher had when he went past the keeper, well he just couldn't get his foot around the ball properly to put it on target and it was bobbling as well, which would have made it all the more difficult to get a clean contact on it.  That's just how it goes.  I'd say we've missed better chances this season not that this would be a ringing endorsement of our players mind!  :)

Just back from the game.

Poor to say the very least.

I’m not a fan of Pulis, and have made that clear in the past. But I don’t blame him today. Just so little quality in our team in the attacking positions.

I thought Saville was very poor today. Let his man in behind him a good few times and his corners we’re absolutely awful.

Britt and Fletcher were poor. Not sure how Britt missed in the first half. Fletcher tried but gave the ball away so many times. Also thought he had every right to go to ground when he rounded the keeper in the second half. Hugill wasn’t very good when he came on either.

I thought Fry was excellent today. Positionally great and calm on the ball as usual, trying to drive out from defence. Shotton and Ayala both did well beside him too.

Man of the match was definitely Mikel again though for me. Just makes it look so easy. A class above. Just little balls around the corner that others don’t even see. No matter how ominous the position that he receives the ball in may be, you are never concerned about him losing it. And when he goes into a 50:50 he comes out with the ball 10 times out of 10. And that block in the second half was excellent. Best thing Pulis has done since he arrived at the club is being Mikel in. Really hope we keep him beyond the summer!

Just back from the game.

I’m not a fan of Pulis, and have made that clear in the past. But I don’t blame him today. Just so little quality in our team in the attacking positions.

I thought Saville was very poor today. Let his man in behind him a good few times and his corners we’re absolutely awful.

Britt and Fletcher were poor. Not sure how Britt missed in the first half. Fletcher tried but gave the ball away so many times. Also thought he had every right to go to ground when he rounded the keeper in the second half. Hugill wasn’t very good when he came on either.

I thought Fry was excellent today. Positionally great and calm on the ball as usual, trying to drive out from defence. Shotton and Ayala both did well beside him too.

Man of the match was definitely Mikel again though for me. Just makes it look so easy. A class above. Just little balls around the corner that others don’t even see. No matter how ominous the position that he receives the ball in may be, you are never concerned about him losing it. And when he goes into a 50:50 he comes out with the ball 10 times out of 10. And that block in the second half was excellent. Best thing Pulis has done since he arrived at the club is being Mikel in. Really hope we keep him beyond the summer!

Just back myself, only thing i disagree with is Fletcher. I thought he was busy and caused problems, by no means 8 out of 10 but compared to hugill!!! Completely agree ref fry and mikel. Mikel is a world above anything else at this level. Anyhow play offs it will be now UTB

It is disappointing that the autos now look beyond us. However the one thing I would say regarding the playoffs is that I would be a whole lot more confident going into them this year than last year. Last year I thought we had no hope against the likes of Villa and Fulham. Though this year I don’t think there is anyone I would fear.

Just back from the game.

Just back myself, only thing i disagree with is Fletcher. I thought he was busy and caused problems, by no means 8 out of 10 but compared to hugill!!! Completely agree ref fry and mikel. Mikel is a world above anything else at this level. Anyhow play offs it will be now UTB

I would agree that he was busy and caused problems. I just feel that he lacked quality and end product. Definitely better than Hugill though. I certainly agree with that.

On a side note. I went for a coffee after the game at the costa beside the stadium and as I was walking back to the car I bumped into Hugill just strolling about by himself with a suitcase. Very strange!

Just back from the game.

I would agree that he was busy and caused problems. I just feel that he lacked quality and end product. Definitely better than Hugill though. I certainly agree with that.

On a side note. I went for a coffee after the game at the costa beside the stadium and as I was walking back to the car I bumped into Hugill just strolling about by himself with a suitcase. Very strange!

Staying in the area tonight? Preston is close by. Surprised he was able to put one foot in front of the other