Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Plot twist.

Hugill starts, scores hattrick...

That'll be something new then, seeing Boro earn three penalties in the same game.

Maybe if they introduce var over the weekend...

Plot twist.

Hugill starts, scores hattrick...

That'll be something new then, seeing Boro earn three penalties in the same game.

Maybe if they introduce var over the weekend...

you have a real bee in your bonnet over that don't you.

I imagine we'll probably *** house our way to a 1-0 win via something similar to the ridiculous ayala goal from Griffin park a few years ago.

Remember that fondly. It took me two weeks of debating with bet365 before they would pay me my 75 quid for getting Ayala and 1-0 right. They were the only bookies to not acknowledge Ayala as first goal scorer.

Have a feeling that this is going to be a tricky and frustrating game, normally we do ok against the bees but they are just the type of team to frustrate the hell out of us.

Too close to call but one goal could win the game

I think they are exactly the kind of team we like. The try to score goals and play football thus being a bit more open at the back.

I imagine we'll probably *** house our way to a 1-0 win via something similar to the ridiculous ayala goal from Griffin park a few years ago.

Remember that fondly. It took me two weeks of debating with bet365 before they would pay me my 75 quid for getting Ayala and 1-0 right. They were the only bookies to not acknowledge Ayala as first goal scorer.

What did they have it down as, keeper own goal I suppose? or direct from the corner? I remember the wind caught it and blew it right under the cross bar.

What did they have it down as, keeper own goal I suppose? or direct from the corner? I remember the wind caught it and blew it right under the cross bar.

Keeper own goal. Because that was what the press association guy in the stadium initially said. They wouldn’t change it. I don’t think thy changed it generally but they gave me a “gift” in the shape of a 75 quid bonus that only needed to be played once at no specific minimum odds.

Well let’s get down to business. This game has a draw written all over it. BORO home form W7-D6- L3 & Brentford away form W1-D7-L8. It will depend if indeed Pulis decides to play to win and not to loose. I also think there will be some positive or negitive action either in the game or crowd. I say this as I feel the crowd has lost patience and the players are under great pressure to win at all costs. Now it maybe the crowd gives its all in vocal support or the players turn in a blinder but I just feel something is about to snap.

Brentford's dress rehearsal for their next midweek game against Sheffield United at Bramhall Lane so come on Boro let's not make it easy for them we need to recapture winning ways!

Match facts.

• Middlesbrough are unbeaten in 12 matches against Brentford in all competitions (W10 D2) since a 1-2 defeat in the FA Cup in January 1964.

• Brentford are winless in seven away visits to Middlesbrough (D1 L6) in all competitions, last winning there in March 1938.

• Tony Pulis has not faced Brentford at home in a league match since December 1997, when he was Gillingham manager in a 3-1 victory in a third-tier match.

• Middlesbrough have kept a clean sheet in each of their past three Championship games (W2 D1) - their longest such run since August 2018 (five in a row).

• Brentford have only won once away from home in the Championship this season (D7 L8) - only Rotherham have won fewer on the road (zero).

Now anybody would look at those fact's and think yes its got to be a Boro win today.

But what did I predict earlier in the week.

A  Middlesbrough   v   Brentford. ( No Scorer.)

I call it reverse psychology.

Because I know that for a fact Pulis and the whole Boro team read my predictions every game and when they see this they will go out onto that pitch proving me wrong (hopefully). :) :)