oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford 1-2 (Fletcher)

Fair play to him he actually has held his hands up and accepted he made the mistake. Didn't think he'd actually do that.

Edit: Actually upon reading the quote, it's kinda neither here nor there.

It wasn’t very popular, was it.

I don’t think Britt looked sharp. I don’t think he looked anywhere near it.

When Fletcher had that header, I expected him to be on the move.

I made the change, people say it affected the game. If I’ve made a mistake, I’ve made a mistake, I’ll hold my hands up.

The whole squad work hard together and are in it together.

If I’ve messed up today, I’ve messed up.

He didn’t own up at all. He did his usual *** of deflection.

yep, originally i just read the headline which made it sound way more like he was owning up, but in actuality all he's done is blame Britt.

Absolutely. If Britt isn't at the races then fine, but the ork chose to replace a striker with a defender while he had a striker on the bench. His tactics lost the game, not a player not at his best.

And I hate the way he blames individuals. I just think it's unprofessional. I'm not a mourinho lover but I love the way he gets players to back him. He does it by protecting them. Takes all the blame most of the time. I've never ever seen pulis do this. He's like a child that always blames someone else for the wall being covered in paint despite him being the only one with paint on his hands.

Didn't peter crouch basically say this though. If TP loves you he will protect but if your on the edges he will dig you out

That's me done now with him. Ive sorta sat on the fence but no excuses today

If he thought that Britt didn't look sharp then fine, but why sub him for a defender? It's that which really p****s me off!

We needed an outlet to releave the pressure not bring on another defensive player to invite more!

He is tactically inept and completely clueless

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulis was right to take Britt off because he was garbage today, but he was wrong to bring Friend on. It should have been Hugill or Tav coming on, any change other than those two was gonna make us more defensive and that's what happened.

As for Pulis, what can you say that hasn't already been said? He's sucked all life and enjoyment out of going to the match for me. As things stand there's no way I'm buying a season ticket next season and I've had one since Ayresome park.

I'm fed up of Pulis and Gibson, both of them are dinosaurs in a modern game. When you watch a team like Brentford today they are everything you want to see on the football pitch, they get the ball down and play, they had pace, movement and flair right across their midfield and front 3. I'd much rather watch them every week and finish mid table then watch us trying to *** house our way to promotion.

I haven't had time to read this thread, I'll go and read it when I have time but just wanted to say how disappointed I am that they've lost today. Not that I know much about football but when he subbed Brit for a defender I did say that it'd end in a draw or a defeat and low and behold...

Time after time Boro seem to want to defend 1-0 and don't seem to get that the match isn't over until the final whistle.

It's a competition guys and you have to win and that involves beating the opposition. Do the players and the manager understand that

Just read the thread from page 10 on...

Have to agree that SG has to have a think. I appreciate what he's done for the club but maybe sacking TP isn't enough. Maybe SG has taken Boro as far as he can and it's time he took a step back and appointed someone to run it or just sold up. Would anyone be interested though.

Interesting that last sentence Woof Woof. I wonder if Gibson did decide to sell, whether he’d have a bit of a problem trying to sell it.

If you look at Boro objectively, and take away our love for the club and city away from it, is it a good investment for an outsider?

Interesting that last sentence Woof Woof. I wonder if Gibson did decide to sell, whether he’d have a bit of a problem trying to sell it.

If you look at Boro objectively, and take away our love for the club and city away from it, is it a good investment for an outsider?

No definitely not!

Didnt watch the match because I have better things to do this season (Like literally anything) but I seen the sub and said to my girlfriend that we would end up losing. Low and behold we did.

I'm so excited for us to do nothing for the rest of 5his season and get a new manager.

I understand we conceded after the subs by Pulis, but we were basically hanging on from the off. Not a Pulis fan but equally makes no sense to get shot now. Not been out of top 6 all season, he should go at the end of the season. And SG needs a long hard look at his own commitment

Well West Brom who have played far better than us this season and are above us have just sacked their manager so maybe it does make sense for us to do the same. It’s unbearable supporting us with this idiot in charge.

I woke this morning still thinking about the game and still seething but conclude the substitution was not our downfall. Brentford traveled with only 1 away win under there belt and down in 15th but made a mockery of a BORO side with quick movement, slick passing, energy and belief. We on the other hand with multiple highly paid talent managed an early goal and froze in the headlights as Brentford waltzed free will all over the pitch. We had no answer to a bang mid table club. Other clubs play with pace and flair right up to full time they don’t give up while we trot around the park and try to hang on the a 1 goal advantage. It’s not changed since the season started, same tactics, same substitutions, same puffing and panting and hoofing. We play in the age of dinosaurs, we play like dinosaurs. I don’t get why other managers call us a big club, I don’t. I’m hurting, really hurting.

And the worse thing about it all you know we will not bounce back midweek because PNE will play the same way as Brentford.

SG has simply got to bring back our home comfort zone how awful it is for fans knowing that any result above a draw is a rare and wonderful thing to behold but not in terms of viewing it.

I might have been dreaming but weren't some Chinese outfit interested in buying into the club a few years ago and didn't SG say No Thanks?

I woke this morning still thinking about the game and still seething but conclude the substitution was not our downfall. Brentford traveled with only 1 away win under there belt and down in 15th but made a mockery of a BORO side with quick movement, slick passing, energy and belief. We on the other hand with multiple highly paid talent managed an early goal and froze in the headlights as Brentford waltzed free will all over the pitch. We had no answer to a bang mid table club. Other clubs play with pace and flair right up to full time they don’t give up while we trot around the park and try to hang on the a 1 goal advantage. It’s not changed since the season started, same tactics, same substitutions, same puffing and panting and hoofing. We play in the age of dinosaurs, we play like dinosaurs. I don’t get why other managers call us a big club, I don’t. I’m hurting, really hurting.

I was thinking the same thing and that it's a damning indictment not only of the players as they come and go but mostly of the management as they set the tone, course and direction.

To make no headway in a season seems pretty damn pathetic. Where's the pride, passion, will to win and will to push things forward? Not that I want the manager to be sacked or the owner to sell up after every bad match but there must be a point at which the owner and manager say to themselves "This just isn't working." Unless of course they're happy with this current state and if so it's up to the customers to decide if they want to carry on buying the product or not.

I don't like Pulis and would prefer someone else.. anyone else.. the entire philosophy of taking a striker off for an unfit left back with 30 minutes to go, instead of trusting ourselves in an open game, it's just awful football. I'm glad we got exactly what we deserved after he did it.

In his post match presser he said the 2nd goal was a mix-up between the 2 George's, the next question he was asked if the sub changed the game, which he denied... How can one of his subs costing us a goal not be considered game changing?

PNE are in a good run of form, Wednesday might be a rough night.

I don't like Pulis and would prefer someone else.. anyone else.. the entire philosophy of taking a striker off for an unfit left back with 30 minutes to go, instead of trusting ourselves in an open game, it's just awful football. I'm glad we got exactly what we deserved after he did it.

In his post match presser he said the 2nd goal was a mix-up between the 2 George's, the next question he was asked if the sub changed the game, which he denied... How can one of his subs costing us a goal not be considered game changing?

PNE are in a good run of form, Wednesday might be a rough night.

I'm probably gonna get criticised for this but in games like yesterday there's a little part of me that feels glad when we get beat.

In a game where a team is negative and shows very little intent to play football (like we often do) then you tend to feel like we deserve nothing. We certainly don't deserve to get promoted playing in this way.

Just waiting for those guys that say "it's not his fault, he was on the sideline shouting at players to move up the pitch....."

He needs to retire. Stop turning football fans (from any club) away from the beautiful game, and stop making the beautiful game pug-ugly

Please don't compare that *** to my lovely little pugs, they're prettier than him and know way more about football