oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford 1-2 (Fletcher)

So, lets recap.

Attacking first 45 for both teams, Boro go in at the break 1 up, although you could argue that was fortuitous.

Forget to come out for the second half and Brentford start battering us, so instead of maybe trying to relieve pressure, old Tony decides to go even more defensive and brings out the 451, takes off our top scorer for George Friend.

We immediately go ahead and concede two goals, at which point he takes off a midfielder and goes back two up top again.

If Tony had any spine at all he'd come out in his post match and hold his hands up and say yep, I *** up.

We looked toothless once Britt went off.

Not that it made us lose, but I felt the ref had a shocker there today as well.

Which is weird because dinosaurs have massive spines !!!!

11 games left. If he's on 100k per game then just pay him off. A million quid can't break the bank. And if we can't afford to hire anyone for the run in just give the responsibilty to the youth coach. Or the tea lady. Or just one of the fans. They will all do a better job!!

He’s not. Bielsa is on twice as much as the second highest paid manager and Bielsa is earning 3.8 million a year.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand we conceded after the subs by Pulis, but we were basically hanging on from the off. Not a Pulis fan but equally makes no sense to get shot now. Not been out of top 6 all season, he should go at the end of the season. And SG needs a long hard look at his own commitment

There is absolutely nobody to blame for that other than Tony Pulis. He has lost us 3 points today.

I’ll be penning a letter this week addressed to Steve Gibson to inform the club of why I will not renew my season ticket next season. This is by a long way the worst I have ever seen us play and the worst management of the club I have seen. I won’t be going to another game whilst Tony Pulis is in charge, the man is the antithesis of how I want our club to be run.

Fair play to him he actually has held his hands up and accepted he made the mistake. Didn't think he'd actually do that.

Edit: Actually upon reading the quote, it's kinda neither here nor there.

It wasn’t very popular, was it.

I don’t think Britt looked sharp. I don’t think he looked anywhere near it.

When Fletcher had that header, I expected him to be on the move.

I made the change, people say it affected the game. If I’ve made a mistake, I’ve made a mistake, I’ll hold my hands up.

The whole squad work hard together and are in it together.

If I’ve messed up today, I’ve messed up.

Fair play to him he actually has held his hands up and accepted he made the mistake. Didn't think he'd actually do that.

I made the change, people say it affected the game. If I’ve made a mistake, I’ve made a mistake, I’ll hold my hands up.

He didn’t own up at all. He did his usual *** of deflection.

yep, originally i just read the headline which made it sound way more like he was owning up, but in actuality all he's done is blame Britt.

yep, originally i just read the headline which made it sound way more like he was owning up, but in actuality all he's done is blame Britt.

He blamed Brit. Regardless the team was @@@@. It’s time for change. Lets start with Puilis

Absolutely. If Britt isn't at the races then fine, but the ork chose to replace a striker with a defender while he had a striker on the bench. His tactics lost the game, not a player not at his best.

And I hate the way he blames individuals. I just think it's unprofessional. I'm not a mourinho lover but I love the way he gets players to back him. He does it by protecting them. Takes all the blame most of the time. I've never ever seen pulis do this. He's like a child that always blames someone else for the wall being covered in paint despite him being the only one with paint on his hands.

Absolutely. If Britt isn't at the races then fine, but the ork chose to replace a striker with a defender while he had a striker on the bench. His tactics lost the game, not a player not at his best.

And I hate the way he blames individuals. I just think it's unprofessional. I'm not a mourinho lover but I love the way he gets players to back him. He does it by protecting them. Takes all the blame most of the time. I've never ever seen pulis do this. He's like a child that always blames someone else for the wall being covered in paint despite him being the only one with paint on his hands.

Didn't peter crouch basically say this though. If TP loves you he will protect but if your on the edges he will dig you out

That's me done now with him. Ive sorta sat on the fence but no excuses today

"Britt didn't look sharp" - so we go defensive then bring on the bluntest striker in the league. Genius.

He might look sharper if he didn't start half the games on the bench.

I thought even after we scored early Brentford were playing the better football 2 goals rightfully disallowed but they were unlucky when they rattled the bar. The 2nd half there was only one side looking like scoring once again Randolph had to pull off a quality save even before Brentford scored, they were by far the better footballing side and deserved their 3 points.

Good job this leagues *** and we have a PL quality keeper because we would be nowhere near these play offs, we are a Championship side with bang average players and that sums us up.

The substitution shows everyone how negative this manager is and the crowd booing the substitution and singing Britts name says it all. Some in the North Stand were actually singing you don't know what your doing, can't see anyone disagreeing with that. Pulis's answer whenever we go behind throw another striker on, and hope we can nick a goal that's his plan B its ***ing pathetic.

Absolutely sick to *** of this *** in charge wish he'd do us all a favour and *** off into retirement where he belongs.

Gibson is watching the same dross as us and if he can't see what's happening then more fool him, you make your bed you lie in it, when the crowds drop off don't start blaming the fans for a situation you've created yourself.

There is absolutely nobody to blame for that other than Tony Pulis. He has lost us 3 points today.

I’ll be penning a letter this week addressed to Steve Gibson to inform the club of why I will not renew my season ticket next season. This is by a long way the worst I have ever seen us play and the worst management of the club I have seen. I won’t be going to another game whilst Tony Pulis is in charge, the man is the antithesis of how I want our club to be run.

I respect it, good on you

Horrible result today, thought we were decent first half but, as is typical boro, you could see it comibg a mile off. Worst tactical decision by Tony so far. I thought it was interesting that by 17.05 Britt was dressed in his suit and heading for his car.