oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Preston 1-2 (Fletcher)

If I said I wasn't interested, I'd be lying. I'm so so fed up at the moment, the genuine shock from the crowd at that sub was palatable.

What was the reaction like at full time? I'm guessing pretty bad? I'd switched off by then.

Would love to hear Gibson's thoughts... he's either stuck with Pulis until the season ends and he knows it, or simply doesn't care anymore.

Booing, quite heavy booing. People were really unhappy. Britt's name was being sung for the remainder of the match from him being subbed. It was quite hostile, honestly.

Makes sense... it's pretty damning when a whole stadium of fans can tell straight away the manager has put the team in trouble. 100% transmitted to both sets of players too.

It was as if someone flicked a switch. In an instant any momentum we had was nullified and Brentfords multiplied.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If I said I wasn't interested, I'd be lying. I'm so so fed up at the moment, the genuine shock from the crowd at that sub was palatable.

What was the reaction like at full time? I'm guessing pretty bad? I'd switched off by then.

Would love to hear Gibson's thoughts... he's either stuck with Pulis until the season ends and he knows it, or simply doesn't care anymore.

Booing, quite heavy booing. People were really unhappy. Britt's name was being sung for the remainder of the match from him being subbed. It was quite hostile, honestly.

Makes sense... it's pretty damning when a whole stadium of fans can tell straight away the manager has put the team in trouble. 100% transmitted to both sets of players too.

It was as if someone flicked a switch. In an instant any momentum we had was nullified and Brentfords multiplied.

it just doesn't even make sense to me, yes we looked kinda bad at points when defending in the 352 because Brentford are built to attack like that, but I just don't understand the logic in how he thought going more defensive was going to help. oh, they're attacking well? let's sit even deeper and stop pressing them high where they have mistakes in them.

it just doesn't even make sense to me, yes we looked kinda bad at points when defending in the 352 because Brentford are built to attack like that, but I just don't understand the logic in how he thought going more defensive was going to help. oh, they're attacking well? let's sit even deeper and stop pressing them high where they have mistakes in them.

It makes complete sense once you unconditionally accept that Pulis is a d*ck. Then you are free to contemplate other mysteries of the universe.

Yes in Pulis world when the opposition is dominating possession ala Brentford, then that will be the fault of our defence, its nothing to do with the midfield being outfought and outplayed, and unable to hold onto the ball,so the logical way to solve the problem is rather than change the midfield, just put another defender on, Tony Pulis tactical genius.

Genuine question. Is there anyone else whose enthusiasm for football makes the televised game of Bayern Munich v Liverpool more appealing than the prospect of going to watch us v Preston?. I'm dreading a cold wet night watching the same unstimulating turgid football served up by Pulis.

I've had a season card since 2012 but our home performances this season have drained my enthusiasm and passion for watching us. The thought of going on Wednesday stimulates no positive emotions. It's not what being a football fan is all about.

Genuine question. Is there anyone else whose enthusiasm for football makes the televised game of Bayern Munich v Liverpool more appealing than the prospect of going to watch us v Preston?. I'm dreading a cold wet night watching the same unstimulating turgid football served up by Pulis.

I've had a season card since 2012 but our home performances this season have drained my enthusiasm and passion for watching us. The thought of going on Wednesday stimulates no positive emotions. It's not what being a football fan is all about.

Me and I've had a season card for quite a bit longer than that.  If you want to watch a decent game of football you're best off watching a game on TV that night.  It's a shame to say it but it's true and this is a season when we're competing for promotion.  

We've scored 18 goals in 17 games at home, which is awful.  After winning our first four games at home our record is bad and nothing like a promotion candidate.  It's not even like people can say the football might be bad but it's effective because at home it isn't.  On the back of this the club has then seen fit to raise ticket prices, which is astounding really.

The football is as bad as it was under Strachan, the only difference is that we have a much better squad now player for player and thus the results are better.

Me and I've had a season card for quite a bit longer than that.  If you want to watch a decent game of football you're best off watching a game on TV that night.  It's a shame to say it but it's true and this is a season when we're competing for promotion.  

We've scored 18 goals in 17 games at home, which is awful.  After winning our first four games at home our record is bad and nothing like a promotion candidate.  It's not even like people can say the football might be bad but it's effective because at home it isn't.  On the back of this the club has then seen fit to raise ticket prices, which is astounding really.

The football is as bad as it was under Strachan, the only difference is that we have a much better squad now player for player and thus the results are better.

I have come to the conclusion SG must take the blame for mismanagement, his decisions over the past five years has put the club into a continuing downward spiral. The squad, players are simply not good enough and probably don’t care either. To be fair Pulis had stated we lack a forward line but if our intent was promotion then why did we get rid of Bamford, why did we keep Downing knowing the contract clause. Mismanagement. The club may well make the playoffs but we are not good enough to win it simply you need to score goals over several games and win them. IF! For some strange intervention we did go up we would be back down the next season ashamed and embarrassed. What I’m saying and not that I’m defending Pulis, SG, once the hero of teesside, is the cause and effect the club is now positioned.

If we suffer another bite on our backsides against PNE, who are very capable of doing so then I feel our top 6 position will be in serious jeopardy in view of games against Bristol and Villa to play.

We took a wrong turn last game and riving in the wrong direction with far too many back seat drivers

I totally agree, I don’t live in the area, but I always used to make sure I got a stream of the game, now I don’t bother. I’d rather watch some decent football on TV.

You wouldn’t go and watch a rubbish film once a fortnight, why would you pay over £30 to watch rubbish football?

Got Tony Pulis's post match interview from someone itk who I play football with every 6 weeks for this upcoming game against Preston

I=interviewer TP =***

I "so Tony, another defeat, where did you lose today?"

TP "Well Britt missed three gilt edged chances and you've got to put them away in this league"

I "but he was an unused substitute!"

TP "exactly, sitting around while the rest of the lads work their socks off!"

I "but surely it was Hugill who should have put them away?"

TP "He's a great lad him, local lad, works hard for the team - if Britt had have just put those three away we wouldn't be having this conversation"

I "OK - so the fans thought Fletcher and/or Assombalonga might have came on when you took Hugill and Wing off at 2-0 down instead of bringing on Freind and Mcnair?"

TP "well I thought we needed more width so I went to a flat back 6, but even with that much width Britt still couldn't score"

I "maybe if you actually brought him on he'd have had a chance?"

TP "you say that but Monk wasted a lot of Steve's money and I've been working miracles behind closed doors - I've been behind the recent cure for AIDS so let's get some perspective"

I "will that get you promoted?"

TP "if I'd have got another winger to leave out of the squad in the window I'd have been more confident, but I just have to work with what I've got"

I "speaking of which, why no La-Parra?"

TP "he's just not quite there yet, really sluggish in training - I shout 'hoof it' as soon as he gets it and he's hanging on to the ball, trying to take men on, cross it and cut inside and its just not on really"

I "so what can you do to turn things round?"

TP "we're in a great position, if the teams around us keep screwing up then the play offs are within our grasp"

I "any chance of playing Fletcher and Britt together from the start of next match?"

TP "as you saw today, Britt was getting beat to every ball, slow getting around the pitch, missing easy chances - he just wasn't there - who's Fletcher?"

I "F**k off Tony.

I’m gonna go to this one, I’ve missed the last couple for family reasons (not that I’ve missed much) so gonna see if they can surprise me with a good performance.

I’ve had a season card for a long time, and genuinely debating whether to renew or not next year.

For me, going to the game each week takes up most of my Saturday with travelling etc, and it used to be the highlight of my week. It’s honestly now feeling like a chore, and I’m sick of coming home and saying that I don’t feel ***d about it anymore, when we inevitably are subject to the same repeated failings.

I live around the Sunderland area, and I hear a lot about the Mackems from my wife’s family, and my patients on a daily basis. Despite being in league 1 they’ve all found their passion for the club again and are buzzing with their trip to Wembley despite it being a nothing trophy.

I’ve felt a pang of jealously, not because I’d rather support them, or rather be in League 1/Checkatrade final, but simply because they’re passionate and proud of their club again, and that’s honestly more I can say for this Gibson/Pulis era.

This is definitely my most apathetic period as a Boro fan, and that’s including all things Strachan.

I'd like to see a 4-2-3-1: Randolph; Shotton, Ayala, Fry, Friend; Mikel, Howson; Tavernier(RW), Wing, Van la Parra(LW); Assombalonga. Playing that way with some decent attacking balance is seemingly alien to Pulis so I'm not expecting it.

I'd like to see a 4-2-3-1: Randolph; Shotton, Ayala, Fry, Friend; Mikel, Howson; Tavernier(RW), Wing, Van la Parra(LW); Assombalonga. Playing that way with some decent attacking balance is seemingly alien to Pulis so I'm not expecting it.

I'd love to see something like that. Its funny (or sad) that we now look at a team setup like this as some sort of impossible dream when pretty much every other side in the league plays a similar formation.

I'd love to see something like that. Its funny (or sad) that we now look at a team setup like this as some sort of impossible dream when pretty much every other side in the league plays a similar formation.

Yeah that sort of set up was standard in our promotion season with: Dimi; Nsue, Ayala, Gibson, Friend; Clayton, Leadbitter; Stuani, Ramirez, Adomah; Nugent. What I'd do for a team like that now.