• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Britt plays tonight, my friend sits right behind the dug out and told me that when Britt was substituted Woodgate was thumbing him and shouting "get off - get off" to which Britt reacted by facing up to him and telling him to f**k off. Maybe thats why he was seen leaving just after 5?

Woodgate is definitely up Pulis's backside like - hope to God hes not going to be our next manager even though I backed it in a moment of desperation not so long ago.

Well I guess we won’t after Pulis statement. The Boro boss thinks some of his side may be jaded after a flurry of fixtures and a long hard season. I remember the season was punctuated with international breaks. On his youth development Tony Pulis believes his efforts to make major cultural changes behind the scenes at Middlesbrough are starting to bear fruit. LOL... well it’s made my day and lifted my spirits no end. Breath of fresh air, smell the flowers.

Well I guess we won’t after Pulis statement. The Boro boss thinks some of his side may be jaded after a flurry of fixtures and a long hard season. I remember the season was punctuated with international breaks. On his youth development Tony Pulis believes his efforts to make major cultural changes behind the scenes at Middlesbrough are starting to bear fruit. LOL... well it’s made my day and lifted my spirits no end. Breath of fresh air, smell the flowers.

BORO 3 - 1 Preston

I wonder if Britt plays tonight, my friend sits right behind the dug out and told me that when Britt was substituted Woodgate was thumbing him and shouting "get off - get off" to which Britt reacted by facing up to him and telling him to f**k off. Maybe thats why he was seen leaving just after 5?

Woodgate is definitely up Pulis's backside like - hope to God hes not going to be our next manager even though I backed it in a moment of desperation not so long ago.

After Saturday's performance Britt probably deserves dropping, he was useless.

Woodgate is definitely up Pulis's backside like -   hope to God hes not going to be our next manager even though I backed it in a moment of desperation not so long ago.

His running in behind is what made the first goal and actually gave us some sort of outlet.

I sometimes wonder if I watch a different game to others.

Woodgate is definitely up Pulis's backside like -   hope to God hes not going to be our next manager even though I backed it in a moment of desperation not so long ago.

His running in behind is what made the first goal and actually gave us some sort of outlet.

I think you must do if you think Britt played well.

Of course you both watched the same game, but opinions of the game are influenced a lot of the time for personal bias. If you like a player you’re more likely to pick up on the good things the player does that match, and if you don’t like the player, you’re going to pick up on the bad things that player does.

We all do it, myself included. Based on previous posts, Will seems a fan of Britt, whereas Duvel is not.

My personal bias comes with people like Howson, and previously Rhodes. I always saw the best out of these players, and never understood the bashing they get.

Every game I watch theres not many who you can say had a good game, in fairness to Britt hes one of the ones who does but is always singled out if hes off the boil and even then he still tries to put a shift in, I guess when hes gone and we get "1 goal in 17 games Vassell" from Brum the Britt haters will be satisfied.

I'm trying to think of players who never have "off days" although I can think of a few who do, Sanchez comes to mind, Salah at the start of the season, Ozil,  Aguerro had a bad patch too yet Britt, out of favour, usually on the bench without any sort of consistent run in the team has to be 100% perfect every time he plays.

Not sure its the game they are watching but more the glasses they are watching them through - certainly not rose tinted in Britts case.

Ah yes, the classic 'If you didn't think he was useless like I do you must think he played well' line.

Every game I watch theres not many who you can say had a good game, in fairness to Britt hes one of the ones who does but is always singled out if hes off the boil and even then he still tries to put a shift in, I guess when hes gone and we get "1 goal in 17 games Vassell" from Brum the Britt haters will be satisfied.

I'm trying to think of players who never have "off days" although I can think of a few who do, Sanchez comes to mind, Salah at the start of the season, Ozil,  Aguerro had a bad patch too yet Britt, out of favour, usually on the bench without any sort of consistent run in the team has to be 100% perfect every time he plays.

Not sure its the game they are watching but more the glasses they are watching them through - certainly not rose tinted in Britts case.

I don't know why you get your knickers in a twist every time you read an opinion you don't like.

I single Britt out because I don't think he works as hard as the rest of the team, I'm not saying he doesn't try but in terms of work rate he's a long way behind the rest of the team. He's just so frustrating to watch and he makes the wrong decision on the pitch so many times, I hear the fans getting frustrated with him a lot in the ground it isn't just me picking on him.

I respect people's opinions but I'm not sure how many actually go to the game on here to form a proper opinion. You see far more in the ground than you do on a laptop. Things like movement off the ball, closing players down and body language are things you can see miles better in the stadium.

I looked on fmttm the other day and there was a thread on there where people were pretty unanimous that Britt was poor and deserved to come off on Saturday. The problem wasn't him coming off it was who came on and the tactics that were the problem.

I don't know why you get your knickers in a twist every time you read an opinion you don't like.

I single Britt out because I don't think he works as hard as the rest of the team, I'm not saying he doesn't try but in terms of work rate he's a long way behind the rest of the team. He's just so frustrating to watch and he makes the wrong decision on the pitch so many times, I hear the fans getting frustrated with him a lot in the ground it isn't just me picking on him.

I respect people's opinions but I'm not sure how many actually go to the game on here to form a proper opinion. You see far more in the ground than you do on a laptop. Things like movement off the ball, closing players down and body language are things you can see miles better in the stadium.

I looked on fmttm the other day and there was a thread on there where people were pretty unanimous that Britt was poor and deserved to come off on Saturday.  The problem wasn't him coming off it was who came on and the tactics that were the problem.

I've been to every home match this season and a few away, does that validate my opinion sufficiently for you?

You single out Britt for lack of effort but I don't seem to be able to remember when one team won a football match based purely on effort alone? Could you give me a hand? If there's any examples then by all means get the hard working local lad on up top to run around like a headless chicken and dive every time someone breathes on him.

If the problem wasn't with Britt going off, why did large sections of the crowd sing his name just after he went off and just after both goals on Saturday? Seems a strange thing to do to someone who they thought shouldn't be on the pitch...

Will didn't actually say Britt had a good game on Saturday he was referring to Britt's running in behind which created the 1st goal which is entirely different. We drop Britt tonight (highly likely) and put Hugill in, who despite what some say isn't that great at holding the ball up, has poor control and is so slow, a backward step for me. The fact is we've left ourselves woefully short up front so the options are Hugill and Gestede who are both garbage, Mr Pulis's fault yet again.

On tonight's game, I can see us getting outplayed but nicking a point so I'll go 1-1 with Alex Neill bemoaning how on earth his side haven't gone home with 3 points.

I looked on fmttm the other day and there was a thread on there where people were pretty unanimous that Britt was poor and deserved to come off on Saturday. The problem wasn't him coming off it was who came on and the tactics that were the problem.

It doesn’t seem you massively respect anyone’s opinion, because whenever someone disagrees with you, you use the same old tired mantra that people on here must not go to the games if they have an opinion different to you!