• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

After Saturday's performance Britt probably deserves dropping, he was useless.

His running in behind is what made the first goal and actually gave us some sort of outlet.

I sometimes wonder if I watch a different game to others.

Every game I watch theres not many who you can say had a good game, in fairness to Britt hes one of the ones who does but is always singled out if hes off the boil and even then he still tries to put a shift in, I guess when hes gone and we get "1 goal in 17 games Vassell" from Brum the Britt haters will be satisfied.

I'm trying to think of players who never have "off days" although I can think of a few who do, Sanchez comes to mind, Salah at the start of the season, Ozil,  Aguerro had a bad patch too yet Britt, out of favour, usually on the bench without any sort of consistent run in the team has to be 100% perfect every time he plays.

Not sure its the game they are watching but more the glasses they are watching them through - certainly not rose tinted in Britts case.

I don't know why you get your knickers in a twist every time you read an opinion you don't like.

I single Britt out because I don't think he works as hard as the rest of the team, I'm not saying he doesn't try but in terms of work rate he's a long way behind the rest of the team. He's just so frustrating to watch and he makes the wrong decision on the pitch so many times, I hear the fans getting frustrated with him a lot in the ground it isn't just me picking on him.

I respect people's opinions but I'm not sure how many actually go to the game on here to form a proper opinion. You see far more in the ground than you do on a laptop. Things like movement off the ball, closing players down and body language are things you can see miles better in the stadium.

I looked on fmttm the other day and there was a thread on there where people were pretty unanimous that Britt was poor and deserved to come off on Saturday. The problem wasn't him coming off it was who came on and the tactics that were the problem.

Having a different opinion to someone else on an Internet forum is "getting my knickers in a twist" if I respond with my opinion - so you completely ignore posts of different opinion to you do you? (except mine I guess)

Where do I say I "don't like" other people's opinions? It would be a bit boring if we all had exactly the same opinion on everything don't you think - or is that what a forum is for, to agree on everything and I'm the turd in the punchbowl?

If anyones knickers are in a twist I think it's yours.

Throwing FMTTM at me hardly validates your opinion, like mine it's your opinion, which I just don't happen to share, as for the stadium view I've seen myself thinking "Howson is having a great game" and a bloke next to me who's a Howson hater saying he's the worst player on the park, that's why I made the glasses comment.

My favourite part of what you ssid is "I respect people's opinions but......" then you basically go on to say people are not capable of forming an opinion unless what - they are stood in exactly the same place as you and watching exactly the same players "actions" as you?

When I say "every game I watch" I mean at a stadium or on sky - I don't think I've watched Boro in my life on a laptop. I either go, watch on sky or don't bother - I go to a lot more away games than home as I enjoy the atmosphere still there - I take it your at every away match too - forming your 100% percect opinion?

As usual when you disagree with someone you start making daft extreme statements. That's why you come across like you are having a hissy fit on half of your posts

You were trying to invalidate my opinions by throwing up loads silly comparisons. You are equating criticism of Britt to wanting a striker from Birmingham who doesn't score and then suggesting I compare him to the standards of Salah and Aguero.

I should have said I respect most opinions on here, you come across like you are either just extremely angry or maybe drunk 24/7.

His running in behind is what made the first goal and actually gave us some sort of outlet.

I sometimes wonder if I watch a different game to others.

Every game I watch theres not many who you can say had a good game, in fairness to Britt hes one of the ones who does but is always singled out if hes off the boil and even then he still tries to put a shift in, I guess when hes gone and we get "1 goal in 17 games Vassell" from Brum the Britt haters will be satisfied.

I'm trying to think of players who never have "off days" although I can think of a few who do, Sanchez comes to mind, Salah at the start of the season, Ozil,  Aguerro had a bad patch too yet Britt, out of favour, usually on the bench without any sort of consistent run in the team has to be 100% perfect every time he plays.

Not sure its the game they are watching but more the glasses they are watching them through - certainly not rose tinted in Britts case.

I don't know why you get your knickers in a twist every time you read an opinion you don't like.

I single Britt out because I don't think he works as hard as the rest of the team, I'm not saying he doesn't try but in terms of work rate he's a long way behind the rest of the team. He's just so frustrating to watch and he makes the wrong decision on the pitch so many times, I hear the fans getting frustrated with him a lot in the ground it isn't just me picking on him.

I respect people's opinions but I'm not sure how many actually go to the game on here to form a proper opinion. You see far more in the ground than you do on a laptop. Things like movement off the ball, closing players down and body language are things you can see miles better in the stadium.

I looked on fmttm the other day and there was a thread on there where people were pretty unanimous that Britt was poor and deserved to come off on Saturday.  The problem wasn't him coming off it was who came on and the tactics that were the problem.

Having a different opinion to someone else on an Internet forum is "getting my knickers in a twist" if I respond with my opinion - so you completely ignore posts of different opinion to you do you? (except mine I guess)

Where do I say I "don't like" other people's opinions? It would be a bit boring if we all had exactly the same opinion on everything don't you think - or is that what a forum is for, to agree on everything and I'm the turd in the punchbowl?

Throwing FMTTM at me hardly validates your opinion, like mine it's your opinion, which I just don't happen to share, as for the stadium view I've seen myself thinking "Howson is having a great game" and a bloke next to me who's a Howson hater saying he's the worst player on the park, that's why I made the glasses comment.

My favourite part of what you ssid is "I respect people's opinions but......" then you basically go on to say people are not capable of forming an opinion unless what - they are stood in exactly the same place as you and watching exactly the same players "actions" as you?

When I say "every game I watch" I mean at a stadium or on sky - I don't think I've watched Boro in my life on a laptop. I either go, watch on sky or don't bother - I  go to a lot more away games than home as I enjoy the atmosphere still there - I take it your at every away match too - forming your 100% percect opinion?

As usual when you disagree with someone you start making daft extreme statements. That's why you come across like you are having a hissy fit on half of your posts

You were trying to invalidate my opinions by throwing up loads silly comparisons. You are equating criticism of Britt to wanting a striker from Birmingham who doesn't score and then suggesting I compare him to the standards of Salah and Aguero.

I should have said I respect most opinions on here, you come across like you are either just extremely angry or maybe drunk 24/7.

So I'm also not allowed to express my opinion in my own way

and making comparisons of players who are way better than Britt but also have off days is an irrelevant opinion and I am therefore constantly angry or constantly drunk by expressing it?

Let me just put something into perspective here, I have absolutely no emotional attachment to most people on this forum, in fact I'd go as far to say most of you are the most irrelevant people in my life, I also see some of you as bullied PE teachers at school whos kids walk all over them so they come on here trying to find someone to force there opinions on. 

I do however find yours and other peoples opinions valid, I like to see how the clueless think, its just as informative as the "clued up" opinions. I'm no football expert, just a fan of the Boro, I really do love winding people up who think they are "the best fan" and have the "best opinion" I have to admit, then watch them get so angry that when I don't conform that they throw me accusations like I'm a 24 hours a day angry alcoholic - I dread to think how you'd cope if I really tried to wind you up  and in fairness it seems a reflection of your emotional state rather than mine.

I actually like having fun believe it or not and at the moment its a miserable time for me personally to be a Boro fan, this forum used to have some really funny, articulate posters who most of which have sadly left and been replaced by miserable, opinionated, high and mighty people such as yourself.

I'm not bothered about being the "best fan" or having an opinion that gets 20 likes, but I will post how I see fit, in whatever manner I see fit and neither you or anyone else will change them - now go and get those knickers changed because I believe they're not only twisted but you've wet them now. xxx

Isn't it nice when people can sort things out amicably.

I remember when certain people viewed me as nothing more than a trouble causer.  Now I'm seen as being full of wisdom in a turbulent Boro world.  A board elder as it were, universally liked and respected as a man who knows his footballing onions.  People can change and grow as this shows.  The people on this forum had to do a lot of growing to accept and understand my status as the official oneBoro voice of reason but eventually they did it and the world is a better place for it.  The pair of you now need to do the same and bury the hatchet at the same time.

2-1 Boro, Hugill and Saville to take us to victory  :fist:

I looked on fmttm the other day and there was a thread on there where people were pretty unanimous that Britt was poor and deserved to come off on Saturday.  The problem wasn't him coming off it was who came on and the tactics that were the problem.

When I say "every game I watch" I mean at a stadium or on sky - I don't think I've watched Boro in my life on a laptop. I either go, watch on sky or don't bother - I  go to a lot more away games than home as I enjoy the atmosphere still there - I take it your at every away match too - forming your 100% percect opinion?

and making comparisons of players who are way better than Britt but also have off days is an irrelevant opinion and I am therefore constantly angry or constantly drunk by expressing it?

Let me just put something into perspective here, I have absolutely no emotional attachment to most people on this forum, in fact I'd go as far to say most of you are the most irrelevant people in my life, I also see some of you as bullied PE teachers at school whos kids walk all over them so they come on here trying to find someone to force there opinions on. 

I do however find yours and other peoples opinions valid, I like to see how the clueless think, its just as informative as the "clued up" opinions. I'm no football expert, just a fan of the Boro, I really do love winding people up who think they are "the best fan" and have the "best opinion" I have to admit, then watch them get so angry that when I don't conform that they throw me accusations like I'm a 24 hours a day angry alcoholic - I dread to think how you'd cope if I really tried to wind you up  and in fairness it seems a reflection of your emotional state rather than mine.

I actually like having fun believe it or not and at the moment its a miserable time for me personally to be a Boro fan, this forum used to have some really funny, articulate posters who most of which have sadly left and been replaced by miserable, opinionated, high and mighty people such as yourself.

I'm not bothered about being the "best fan" or having an opinion that gets 20 likes, but I will post how I see fit, in whatever manner I see fit and neither you or anyone else will change them - now go and get those knickers changed because I believe they're not only twisted but you've wet them now. xxx

Maybe you should try having fun then Mr Angry, if not you could always start a new forum with your old mates. Or have you thought that maybe they left because of you  :funny:

Maybe you should try having fun then Mr Angry, if not you could always start a new forum with your old mates. Or have you thought that maybe they left because of you  :funny:

I'm having fun, you're making it funnier with each silly response - youre obsessed with me I think

I remember when certain people viewed me as nothing more than a trouble causer.  Now I'm seen as being full of wisdom in a turbulent Boro world.  A board elder as it were, universally liked and respected as a man who knows his footballing onions.  People can change and grow as this shows.  The people on this forum had to do a lot of growing to accept and understand my status as the official oneBoro voice of reason but eventually they did it and the world is a better place for it.  The pair of you now need to do the same and bury the hatchet at the same time.

I'm fine thanks, no axe to grind or hatchet to bury, hes the one following me around like a bad smell.

I hope youre right, I'll take that score all day long - be nice to even keep a clean sheet for once.

Some of us will never forget.  :P

Some of us will never forget.  :P

:crying: :crying: :crying: :P :D

I see Pulis has come out with the old “players are jaded” crap to allow him to revert back to his usual favourites like Hugill, Friend, Flint and co. Can’t say I hold much hope for tonight. I really cannot wait until he ***es off back to Wales!